• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kadavul pathi, mirugam pathi

Status
Not open for further replies.

renuka

Kadavul pathi, mirugam pathi,
Kalanthu seiytha kalavai naan.
Veliye mirugam, ulle kadavul
Vilanga mudiya kavithai naan.
Mirugam kontru, mirugam kontru
Kadavul valarka parkinten
Aanal, kadavul kondru, unavai thintu
mirugam mattum valarkirathe

Half-god, half-man,
A mixture of the two made me.
A beast outside, a God inside,
I am incomprehensible poetry.
Killing the beast, I try to raise god
But, killing and usurping god,
The animal alone grows in me.

I simply love this song from the movie Aalavandhan.

I feel this stanza describes us humans the best.

I have noted that many feel they are 'spiritual' but unknowingly the more 'spiritual" we get part of us is also turning "animal".

Animal here need not be "evil" even though at times it takes an evil twist too after all how great can life be if everyone was "spiritual"!LOL

Just imagine is the world was 100% spiritual? I feel everyone will go mad after 1 week.

I dont think its possible for the world to survive a 100% spiritual state.

BTW I got to share this news..yesterday evening I had 2 people come to my work place and ask my staff that they wanted to meet me to give me a magazine.

From my CCTV I could make out from their over-polite gesture that they could be from a church becos church members are very very polite when they speak.

My staff then came to my room and told me that 2 men want to give me some magazines. I told my staff to ask them which organization they are from?

Then I was 100% sure they were never going to say it till they meet me.

They told my staff they will tell it when they meet me.

I told my staff to tell them that they can meet me if they disclose their organization first cos I need to know who and why they want to see me.

Then they still did not disclose and gave a magazine to my staff to give me and it was a Christian Magazine titled "we can make you happy".

Then I told my staff to return the mag to them and thank them and ask them to leave.

Ok..here are people who are so called 'spiritual" as polite as can be..yet they did not want to disclose they were from a church becos they feared that they might not be seen if they disclosed it.

Actually I would have seen them if they were truthful enough to disclose their true identity but since they could not even follow their own commandment and speak the truth but decided to delay the truth I did not see them.

Now back to being spiritual..does anyone think they can survive a 100% spiritual world?

I know I cant..I would be dead in 24 hours becos I need to identify with the "animal " in me.

It does not mean I become a were-wolf and kill people on a full moon's night but identifying with the animal in us gives us a different dimension of existence.

I feel religion has been over emphasizing the need to get rid of the so called animal qualities but I see no reason why we cant still be an "animal".

I feel those who can swing like a pendulum from spirituality to "animality" have the most fun in life.

Do you agree?

if we are only spiritual with no animal qualities,

no normal human would like to transact with us.

such people can take off for himalayas where they can pursue their spiritual interests with Baba, dalai lama and the like

if we are only spiritual with no animal qualities,

no normal human would like to transact with us.

such people can take off for himalayas where they can pursue their spiritual interests with Baba, dalai lama and the like

But if we are totally animals it would be hard to interact too.

Just imagine if we keep clawing at everyone and biting and go on a killing spree? Even real animals will get scared of us.

That is why I feel we need to be Kadhavul Pathi Mirugam Pathi.

Its simply poetry to be both and yet be none.

Humans are animals at the most fundamental, bodily level because his/her physical body is very similar - if not identical - to animal bodies in general; eat food, digest, get energy from that digested food, procreate, preserve the body from worldly dangers and finally...die and vanish without any trace other than the corpse/carcass left over.

From this animal foundation has been built up assiduously - mostly because of what humans assume as their superior intellect and ability to speak, laugh, walk on two legs and have two hands to spare, etc. - the so-called "spiritual" empire, which is in truth the most potent beguiling thing and is perhaps the strongest weapon in the arsenal of māyā! Understanding this fact will enable a person to better understand oneself and will ultimately lead to "realization of the self" or ātmajñāna.

The song in the OP is not factual, to the above extent. The person singing must be under the so-called "spiritual delusion" off and on and imagining things for himself. (utāmṛtatvasyeśānaḥ yadannenātirohati~ Purusha Suktam).

Last edited:
Dear Sangom ji,

The movie is all about a person who is criminally insane and goes on a killing spree.

So he is singing this song during an episode of delusion.

Acted superbly by Kamal Hassan!

But whatever said and done "insanity" does give us an idea what "spirituality" might be..the choice is ours..to be God or to be an animal or to be both yet none.

I like this song lots..I sing it sometimes to scare my husband!LOL

[video=youtube_share;Gz_BunTylIM]http://youtu.be/Gz_BunTylIM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back