• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Demand in the Rail Budget 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

asadu

I can not demand decrease this, increase that etc. as it is the solo prerogative of our Honourable Rail Mantri Shri Suresh Prabhu.

My only demand is show me all the seats that are available at the time of booking in a pictorial map and let me choose my desired seat, like we book in cinema halls or bus travel or even flights.

Mr. Minister ! Do you hear me ?

So you are telling me that I do not have to dash to the compartment to see if my name appears even after I have confirmed reservation? Then you take away the means of making money for the TTI, where are you going with it. Then you will demand the efficiency and productivity of private airlines. It is much too much.

Prasadji, you have misunderstood me. Suppose there are x number of seats vaccant, and I book n number seats and get my confirmed reservation. I come to know of my seats/births only after the seat/birth is allotted. The only consolation is you are allowed to say whether you want window seat or lower birth etc. But what happens when a family of five goes, you are not allowed to book continuously all the seats which would allow me to stay and travel together as a family. Normally the lower births are allotted to tatkal passengers and not allotted to regular bookins, likewise, the window seats/births, one is shared between two RAC waitlisted passengers. So for a family travelling together in the same compartment and stay united is a bit difficult. Also, seats/births in Non-Ac compartments near entrance is a hell of a problem with outsiders boarding and occupying the seats during day time and the worst smell of lavotory and also the fear of our belongings being stolen.

So, If the Traveler is given a chance to choose the seats as per his convenience, then the Traveler is pretty sure of his comforts. The railway is not going to loose any income. May be they can charge a bit more for advance seat selection.

Also the Railways must ensure that no unauthorised person travels in the reserved compartments even during day time. It is a ugly menace nowadays in all reserved fast/superfast trains.

Asaduji,
Pardon me, my post was in jest. I am sorry you did not get the sarcasm.
I fully agree with your post#1, and #3.

You are likely to get raise in passenger fares and scrapping or changes in senior citizen fares.

But some fast trains could be promised for implementation this year.

Delhi agra in 90 minutes is scheduled this month.

The major chunk of income for Railways is from freight. Any increase in passenger fare or revision in senior citizen facilities will the Govt. a very bad name.

hi
clean toilet /clean water/mosquito free journey are important....learn from western countries customer service system...

Prasadji, you have misunderstood me. Suppose there are x number of seats vaccant, and I book n number seats and get my confirmed reservation. I come to know of my seats/births only after the seat/birth is allotted. The only consolation is you are allowed to say whether you want window seat or lower birth etc. But what happens when a family of five goes, you are not allowed to book continuously all the seats which would allow me to stay and travel together as a family. Normally the lower births are allotted to tatkal passengers and not allotted to regular bookins, likewise, the window seats/births, one is shared between two RAC waitlisted passengers. So for a family travelling together in the same compartment and stay united is a bit difficult. Also, seats/births in Non-Ac compartments near entrance is a hell of a problem with outsiders boarding and occupying the seats during day time and the worst smell of lavotory and also the fear of our belongings being stolen.

So, If the Traveler is given a chance to choose the seats as per his convenience, then the Traveler is pretty sure of his comforts. The railway is not going to loose any income. May be they can charge a bit more for advance seat selection.

Also the Railways must ensure that no unauthorised person travels in the reserved compartments even during day time. It is a ugly menace nowadays in all reserved fast/superfast trains.

hi
not going to happen....except satabdi/rajadhani....becoz less stops.....

The major chunk of income for Railways is from freight. Any increase in passenger fare or revision in senior citizen facilities will the Govt. a very bad name.
There is no room for increasing freight rates as sufficient freight traffic has not got materialised due to down turn in economy.Increase in that will mean freight traffic

moving to roads.

With pay revision around the corner, there is no alternative to raising passenger fares and removing/reducing all types of concessions to raise revenue.

In fact change in fares may come into effect by first march 2016.

Only plus is a few fast trains with better looking coaches in mumbai metro and fast trains.

The number of unreserved coaches for the poor will be doubled to enable the not so well off to travel little more comfortably

A good suggestion.

Whether improvising reservation facility with a provision of choice to the traveller to choose the required seats as in the case of state transport buses ...... comes under annual budgeting?

I presume, this suggestion could be favourably considered by Railway Board provided it is feasible to show all vacant seats in two or three screens for the chooser / customer.

I understand that there is a passenger suggestion scheme. Mr.Asadu can put forth his wise suggestion.

Looking forward to more number of trains between Bangalore and Kerala. Railways should come out of the inter-state bus lobby that takes this stretch as their fiefdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back