• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Infertile Indian couples demand high-caste 'Brahmin' sperm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit

This is on old news-item which I accidentally stumbled upon now. Please excuse if it has already been reported!

[h=1]Infertile Indian couples demand high-caste 'Brahmin' sperm[/h]
Infertile Indian couples demand "Brahmin" sperm, even in India's cosmopolitan cities, according to doctors who specialize in in vitro fertilization (IVF).
"In India, it's well known that couples shopping for sperm demand both looks and brains," writes the Times of India. "What isn't so well known, despite being fairly commonplace, is a more outrageous request: caste-based sperm."
No more outrageous than lynching an actual human being for daring to drink from the high-caste well or some such (a type of crime that has yet to disappear from the pages of India's newspapers), I would argue. But it's as good evidence as any that notional modernity is not having much impact on India's more unpleasant traditions.
I've lived in India too long to be surprised. And I'm certainly not stunned that "the elite" are any slower to drop discrimination than the poor.
Recently, GlobalPost highlighted caste discrimination at India's most prestigious universities -- where Dalit students (from the castes once known as "untouchable") say they are treated especially badly because they've dared not just to seek an education, but to storm the gates of the most elite institutions. And many of my close Indian friends -- sophisticated in every other way -- would be forced to admit that they do not allow their maids to use their toilets (Yes, just like in that egregiously sappy film) or serve them water and tea from a "special" cup.
But there's a shocker buried in the story.
The IVF doctors featured in TOI say they don't comply with caste-based requests. But it turns out that they are actually compelled to keep data on the RELIGION of sperm donors by the Indian Council of Medical Research. So you may not be able to select Brahmin sperm, but you can be sure to choose Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Sikh.
So much for science.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/india/indian-couples-demand-brahmin-sperm

In case of an emergency operation after accident, shall these people wait till they get blood from high caste- people.

There is a difference between blood, and sperm.
Sperm has an effect on genetics, blood or other organs do not have any know genetic effect.

The two supposed participants were the Frenchman Anatole France who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1921 and the acclaimed dancer Isadora Duncan. The spelling “Isadore” was used by the paper: [SUP]1[/SUP]
In all probability the conversation between Isadore Duncan and Anatole France, who were discussing eugenics, came to a sudden stop when Isadore said: “Imagine a child with my beauty and your brains!” and Anatole responded: “Yes, but imagine a child with my beauty and your brains!”.

Whether all high class Brahmin-sperms carry a guarantee of both looks and brains ?
Can't there be any possibility of inheriting one idiotic fore-father?

Whether all high class Brahmin-sperms carry a guarantee of both looks and brains ?
hi

there is proverb in malayalam.....PATTANIL POTTAN ILLA.....means there is no fools in brahmin......

hi

there is proverb in malayalam.....PATTANIL POTTAN ILLA.....means there is no fools in brahmin......

Well Adi Shankara did not think so...after all he sang this to a Brahmin!LOL

भज गोविन्दम् भज गोविन्दम्
(Translation : Seek Govinda, Seek Govinda)

गोविन्दम् भज मूढ मते

(Translation : Seek Govinda alone, you fool)

(bhaja govindam bhaja govindam, govindam bhaja mudha mate)

Frankly speaking I can not understand how some men donate sperm.

I feel as a human we should be responsible for our genes...the progeny is ours and we have no idea how the child would be treated by the infertile couple in the future...we wont be part of the life of our own DNA and also what if that child grows up and falls in love with the child of the donor?

They wont even know they are bro and sis.

So frankly only a fool would donate his sperm!

Also I can not understand how some women receive donor sperm?

Dont they feel uneasy having another's male DNA in their uterus...that's like a total disrespect to Husband by incubating another man's DNA.

I feel a child should be biological related to both father and mother..and not just mother alone in case of sperm donation.

After all there is always adoption..safer bet and less moral hassles too.

Also I can not understand how some women receive donor sperm?

Dont they feel uneasy having another's male DNA in their uterus...that's like a total disrespect to Husband by incubating another man's DNA.

I feel a child should be biological related to both father and mother..and not just mother alone in case of sperm donation.

After all there is always adoption..safer bet and less moral hassles too.
hi

i know some brahmin couples in USA....there surrogate mom is even african american too ...i know the child....i saw ONLY

many gal children when compare to less boys....the brahmin guys given their sperm....still they are happy and they

feel better than adoption...

renukaji,
There are conditions that require people to have IVF using doner sperm.
Sperm donation is the provision (or "donation") by a male (known as a sperm donor) of his sperm (known as donor sperm), principally for the purpose of inseminating a female who is not his sexual partner.
Sperm may be donated privately and directly to the intended recipient, or through a sperm bank or fertility clinic. Sperm donation is a form of third party reproduction. Pregnancies are usually achieved by using donor sperm in assisted reproductive technology (ART) techniques which include artificial insemination (either by intracervical insemination (ICI) or intrauterine insemination (IUI) in a clinic, or intravaginal insemination at home). Less commonly, donor sperm may be used in in vitro fertilization (IVF). Insemination may also be achieved by a donor having sexual intercourse with a female for the sole purpose of initiating conception. This method is known as natural insemination.
The method used can have consequences in relation to the legal recognition of the male parent (partner of the mother) in some countries, but the biological nature of the conception and the course of the pregnancy will be the same, however it is achieved, and the sperm donor will be the biological father of every child produced from his donations.
The primary recipients of donor sperm are heterosexual couples suffering from male infertility, lesbian couples and single women.

Last edited:
Dear Prasad ji,

I know what all you have written but I still find it hard to believe how some females can accept donor sperm.

For me I can never think of that..cos a child I have has to come from me and husband only.

A donor is nothing but a donor...academic qualifications and looks of a donor is NOT enough cos we never really know the mental make up of a person we are not married too.

I also dont like the idea of surrogate mother...even though she is not related to the baby...but its her body...her thoughts..her emotional influence in the development of the fetus.

Surely I would not like that too.

I know as a medical professional I might sound a bit odd saying all these but there is some part of me that is still very "traditional".

Dear Prasad ji,

I know what all you have written but I still find it hard to believe how some females can accept donor sperm.

For me I can never think of that..cos a child I have has to come from me and husband only.

A donor is nothing but a donor...academic qualifications and looks of a donor is NOT enough cos we never really know the mental make up of a person we are not married too.

I also dont like the idea of surrogate mother...even though she is not related to the baby...but its her body...her thoughts..her emotional influence in the development of the fetus.

Surely I would not like that too.

I know as a medical professional I might sound a bit odd saying all these but there is some part of me that is still very "traditional".
hi renu,

recently i read somewhere....72 yr lady and 79 yr man got a baby through insalination in haryana recently....they got married

for 42 yrs or something...no child for them ,,now they got boy named ARMAAN....sorry i dont have reference now...

hi renu,

recently i read somewhere....72 yr lady and 79 yr man got a baby through insalination in haryana recently....they got married

for 42 yrs or something...no child for them ,,now they got boy named ARMAAN....sorry i dont have reference now...

Jaat male? Artificial Insemination? Can't be! Jaats are the ultimate Alpha Males!LOL

So Renukaji,
All of Ramayana and Mahabharat is full of donor sperms.
Dasaratha was not able.
Vichitravirya, king of Kuru kingdom dies childless at young age, leaving kingdom heirless. Both Dritirastra and Pandu were offspring of Donor sperm.
All of so called Pandu Putras were not his sons but of Donor sperms, including Karna.

old-mother.jpg

At 72 years Daljinder Kaur from Punjab has embraced motherhood, making her the world’s oldest mother. Daljinder has been childless since 46 years of her marriage, and always wished to have one. On April 19, Daljinder along with her husband had a male child through IVF. When asked about her ability to look after her child, Daljinder was confident that she would see her child going to a good school. Dr Anurag Bishnoi who runs a fertility clinic in Haryana was the person who made the dreams of Daljinder come true. But Dr. Bishnoi is equally amassing severe criticism.

Animal breeding, controlled propagation of domestic animals in order to improve desirable qualities. Humanity has been modifying domesticated animals to better suit human needs for centuries. Selective breeding involves using knowledge from several branches of science. These include genetics, statistics, reproductive physiology, computer science, and molecular genetics. This article discusses the basic principles of how populations of animals can be changed by application of these principles, and a brief discussion of molecular genetics, immunogenetics, and newer reproductive technologies is included. The fundamental biological principles underlying animal breeding are discussed in the articles heredity and animal reproductive system.

I do not know if it would be ethical in humans. It has been tried in various times in History.

So Renukaji,
All of Ramayana and Mahabharat is full of donor sperms.
Dasaratha was not able.
Vichitravirya, king of Kuru kingdom dies childless at young age, leaving kingdom heirless. Both Dritirastra and Pandu were offspring of Donor sperm.
All of so called Pandu Putras were not his sons but of Donor sperms, including Karna.

yup...but the donation came from Devas...not mere mortals!LOL

Dear Renu,

Vyasa was very much a mortal! ;)

A very learned and divine one too...see all these donors were not ordinary.

But human males...they might have brains and looks both but still they are mere males.

So unless its the own husband..who wants another mans sperm?

How are sperms rated?

How does one ensure quality of sperms from a donor?

How long can they be preserved?

I am zero in biology.

But I know about heart for obvious reasons.

In mathematical terms a cardioide

http://fertilityindia.com/sperm-donation.php
http://indianspermtech.in/become-a-donor.html

There is no universal Donor sperm ranking.

As this is a sensitive issue there are no official figures available.
Fertility clinics charge up to `1.5-2.5 lakh to provide sperm to childless couples. Sperm donation is used to assist heterosexual couples unable to produce children because of male infertility, such as where the male partner produces no sperm (azoospermia). It is also popularly used now as a means to enable women who are either single or lesbians to conceive.
According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR):
The sperm donor has to be between 21 and 45 years of age
The clinic and the couple have the right to seek complete information about the donor such as his height, weight, skin colour, profession, family background, freedom from diseases, ethnic origin and the DNA fingerprint
The semen bank and clinic must not reveal donor’s identity to the couple.

In India, the rates generally range from 500/- to as much as 5000/- (in rupees). The money you receive can depend on various factors, namely your educational qualifications, looks, build etc. It also depends on the clinic where you donate.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-money-do-sperm-donors-make-in-India

Last edited:
Renukaji,
If devas were not humans, then were they alien. If that is true then are you saying that our avatars of Ramayana and the heroes of Mahabharata were cross breeds of inter species creatures. How do they claim Caste, culas, gothrams, and jathis? Which are by paternity and lineage.
:whoo::fish:

From the known science Inter-species breeding is generally not feasible. The progeny of interbreeding within sub species also only produces sterile offspring. Mule is a prime example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back