• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Muslims in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
alas many here won't join me when I criticize all the stupid stuff that goes on in the name of glorious Sanatana Darma

Cheers!

We dont blame muslims or their religion, except the part of terrorism/jihad or forcible conversion [when they become majority, like in kerala]. They as a religion, dont allow for free-will. But, most muslims are very nice and simple and definitely very obedient to the Almighty/God ( & Koran & Religion) .

As regards to Sanatan Dharma, you never wanted to listen fairly. It has the best definition of Brahman and the means to attain Him. It is because of Moghuls/British, plus Bollywood, our hindus lost its original intent/meaning.

Anti-Muslim Agenda and the BJP Supporters - A Commentary.

Right now there is so much of unease between Muslims and Hindus in India is because of the Anti-Muslim Agenda of the BJP and what they did in Babri Masjid...

For nearly 400 years, Muslims and Hindus were using the Babri grounds for their worship with minimal discomfort: the outer area was used by Hindus and the inner hall was used by Muslims till someone sneaked a Ram idol to the middle of the inner hall in 1947 illegally.

Then the virulent Hindu Supremacists of the BJP came: their anti-Muslim rhetoric took hold and the anarchists demolished the National Monument thus starting the cycle of violence in North India...

The same people are now in the guise of "we need to talk about why Muslims commit more crimes" are throwing kerosene fire bombs here...

Muslims are proud people and people with self-respect. They won't take any insult to their religion lightly. The demolishment of mosque cannot be let go. It needed to be answered. The hindus who perpetrated such a ghastly crime needed to be taught a lesson. Hence the bomb blast in Bombay and subsequent terror attacks on kaffirs that continues till date.

Compared to them, hindus are docile people without an iota of self-respect. No matter how many terrorist attacks are perpetrated on Indian soil, they won't retaliate. All these attacks and bomb blasts have no effect on them.

So one has no choice but to agree with Yamaka. The razing of babri masjid is the sole reason for hindu-muslim disunity. The terror attacks on Indian soil or the ethnic cleansing of kashmiri hindus or the communal riots have no bearing, whatsoever.

Upon review of this thread and considering the topic that is being discussed, i am of the opinion this thread does not fit in with the theme of the website.

But for the sake of the discussions that is going on, i will move this to the chit chat instead of the general discussions.

Also, depending on how the discussions go on this thread might also be closed without any notice.

If you read the Midday and Afternoon evening paper in mumbai, you will
find that almost all the crimes are committed by muslims. There is a famous
chor bazaar between JJ hospital and bombay central.

But it is a very sensitive topic and if it is allowed to continue, someone might
say something about the community , quite unwittingly or otherwise, which will
create trouble for the forum. So I appeal to the members to put an end to this
topic.

There are lies, damned lies and statistics!. Just sayin ....
Amala, this is very true! This is why we need to dig deep, look at more than one source, more than one POV, and try to fret out the truth as best as we can. I would never consider this a burden.

Cheers!

Upon review of this thread and considering the topic that is being discussed, i am of the opinion this thread does not fit in with the theme of the website.

But for the sake of the discussions that is going on, i will move this to the chit chat instead of the general discussions.

Also, depending on how the discussions go on this thread might also be closed without any notice.

Mr.Praveen,

I suggest you close this thread. I am not going to participate in this thread anymore.

Perils of profiling

There was a Computer Science Ph.D. student at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho called Sami, and he had to suffer the perils of profiling because he was guilty of being a Muslim in the post 9/11 America. This is what can happen if a minority community as a whole is looked upon with suspicion and made to prove their innocence continuously.

Sami Omar Al-Hussayen was a perfectly ordinary graduate student minding his business and family, and in his spare time working for the local Islamic group. The 9/11 attacks outraged him enough to publicly condemn the attacks as an affront to Islam, he organized a candlelight vigil, and even a blood drive.

He being a computer science student volunteered with the Islamic Assembly of North America (IANA), an outreach group, and designed and maintained several websites for them. In that web site he had links to other Islamic web sites in the same way many web sites provide links to other sites.

In 2003 he was arrested by FBI and charged with providing “material support” for terrorist acts of “murder, maiming, kidnapping, and the destruction of property” -- serious stuff, enough to get put away for life. A range of other charges were tacked on as well.

He was put in jail for more than a year before the trial would begin, a year of his life he will never get back.

The FBI claimed their case against Sami was the result of a two year of thorough investigation and that there was a mountain of evidence. But, in the trial they could provide nothing that linked Al-Hussayen or the IANA websites to terrorism. The best evidence prosecution provided was four fatwas on another website, to which there was a link from the IANA website that Sami maintained, that is it, that is all of it.

After the trial the jury acquitted Sami of the serious charges but were deadlocked on some minor charges that related to immigration. The only defense witness, Frank Anderson, a former CIA official later said he was ashamed that FBI kept a decent and innocent man in jail for a very long time.

The long and short of it, the government dropped the immigration in exchange for Sami to be deported back to Saudi Arabia. He could never finish his Ph.D. though he was very near completing his thesis.

One may say this is an isolated case, but sadly it is not. This is the daily reality of Muslims in the west, one wrong glance, a misinterpretation, looking suspicious, boom, you are fighting for your life not knowing what hit you. Sadly, from what I am reading here from educated middle-class people, this may be a reality in India as well.

When we profile there is peril. We could be victims of it if we condone it when we are not the victims.

Cheers!

Please google sami omar al-hussayen case for more information....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back