• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Modi: Indian Muslims will live and die for India

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what we too want! This will put an end to terrorist activities! It will decimate the sleeper cells which are supporting the cross border militant activities clandestinely...Will end minority appeasement and religion based discrimination! India will get united by Vande Mataram!

[h=1]Modi: Indian Muslims will live and die for India[/h]September 19, 2014 12:50 IST

'The patriotism of Indian Muslims cannot be questioned'

'Al Qaeda is delusional to think Indian Muslims will dance to its tunes'

'I am confident that India and US can develop genuine strategic alliance'
Ahead of his visit to America, Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaks to CNN.
Days ahead of his historic visit to United States later this month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke to CNN’s Fareed Zakaria in his first-ever international interview since assuming office.

Modi stressed on the numerous similarities the two countries share given their history and culture and emphasised that he was confident that India and US would build a strategic and genuine alliance in the coming future.

An excerpt from the interview:

There are many people in the US and some in India who wish that the US and India were much closer allies -- the world’s oldest democracy, the world’s biggest democracy. But somehow that has never happened, and there have always been these frictions and difficulties. Do you think it’s possible for the US and India to develop a genuinely strategic alliance?

I have a one word answer, and with great confidence I say -- YES.

Let me explain — there are many similarities between US and India. If you look at the last few centuries, two things come to light – America has absorbed people from around the world and there is an Indian in every part of the world. This characterises both the societies.

Indians and Americans have co-existence in their natural temperament. Surely, there have been ups and downs in our relationship in the past century. But from the end of the 20th century to the first decade of the 21st century, we have witnessed a big change. Our ties have deepened. India and the USA are bound together, by history and culture. These ties will deepen further.

So far, in your talks with the Obama administration, you have had several cabinet members come here -- do you feel there is a genuine desire from Washington to try and upgrade the relationship with India substantially?

Relations between India and America should not be seen within the limits of just Delhi and Washington. It is a much larger sphere. The good thing is that the mood of both Delhi and Washington is in harmony with this understanding. Both sides have played a role in this.

The head of Al Qaeda has issued a video and an appeal trying to create an Al Qaeda in India/South Asia. He says he wants to free Muslims from the oppression they face in Kashmir and Gujarat. Do you worry that something like this could succeed?

My understanding is that they are doing an injustice towards the Muslims of our country. If anyone thinks Indian Muslims will dance to their tunes, they are delusional. Indian Muslims will live for India, they will die for India. They will not want anything bad for India.

Why do you think it is that there is a remarkable phenomenon that you have 170 million Muslims but there seems to be almost no or very few members of the Al Qaeda? What is it that has made this community not as susceptible?

Firstly, I’m not the authority for doing a psychological or religious analysis on this. But the question is whether or not humanity should be defended in the world. Whether or not believers in humanity should unite. This is a crisis against humanity, not a crisis against one country or one race. So we have to frame this as a fight between humanity and inhumanity, nothing else.

Modi: Indian Muslims will live and die for India - Rediff.com India News

I normally do not watch TV and news very much. After reading this post I chose to watch the interview that was advertised to air today (Sunday morning in USA).

PM Modi came across extremely well during the interview and spoke in Hindi.

He came across as a self assured and visionary leader according to the comments made by some of my American friends.

Good Modi can soft sell India to americans having done so to japan and china

some indians have also sold tajmahal to westerners.

now modi is there with his dream pitch and Achhe Din

He is confident that there is space for both america and china in india.

let us see what he gets out of the US

One move that could badly affect us is the after withdrawl of stimulus in US is raising of interest rates.

Besides India would like market access for our cheap bad quality goods besides IT services.

He wants india to become a manufacturing hub for exports employing indian manpower . Can he entice MNCs there to transfer some manufacturing here?

he might want relaxation of visa regimes in US for indians and more access to education and work in US for indians

technology for nuclear , solar, wind power energy based plants in india andspace cooperation could interest india.

he would do well if he can escape getting involved in middle east muddles or afganisthan or ukraine.

he wants permanent membership in UN .will US oblige?

the possiblities are many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back