• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Morning Kaapi - what's your pick?

Which brand of coffee do you mostly relate to

• Total voters
Kanchi Mahaperiyavaa, our beloved Paramacharya, has told that drinking coffee is tamasic and it should be avoided at all costs. His Holiness strictly prohibited coffee with a sternness equal to his tone while banning silk clothes (ahmisa). In fact, His Holiness clearly told many times that brahmins should never consume tamasic drinks such as coffee and tea. Hope we all try and live by His teachings, starting with a simple sadana such as avoiding coffee. Sad that so many of us brahmins here extol a beverage banned by our Paramacharya.
hi

acharya said many times about simple marriage without dowry and big weddings....how many of us ready to

follow?....we are in the era CONVENIENCE......if anything convenient ppl follow and preach...especialy

many close devotees are using ACHARYA's photos in famous brahmin hotels/coffeee stores..

This thread is in the Chit-Chat section.
No disrespect to anyone.

☕? I think he also follows celibacy. LOL

True that he is a parama naishtika brahmachari. However, he did not advocate brahmacharya for everyone since grihastashrama dharma is also a very noble path. But he was quite vocal in advocating about not drinking coffee or tea in several of his speeches. In fact, I was deeply thinking about this early in the morning today, over a nice cup of hot coffee. :))))

Only the very bests to you all.
Cheers!

hi
i heard this....is it hotel name murali too?....
It is small coffee shop run by Mr Murali. His formula for coffee-making has won him fame. Only coffee is available. Nothing else. It is very near Rajagopuram of Srirangam. 6 a.m. to 7.30 or 8 a.m. Evening 4 to 7. Very delectable coffee. I usually drink 2 coffees at a time.

Thought of sharing an article published in the New Indian Express

Just seeing reminders of coffee can stimulate us: Study

Arousal in psychology refers to how specific areas of the brain get activated into a state of being alert, awake and attentive.

Read more at: http://www.newindianexpress.com/lif...of-coffee-can-stimulate-us-study-1957116.html

I dont drink coffee but in Malaysia famous brands are Nescafe, Ipoh White Coffee and Ali Cafe.

Then there is Coffee with Tongkat Ali( Ali's stick) which is an Aphrodisiac...so its much more than just Kaaaaapi!..this kaaaaaaapi ..keeps you haaaaapy for a long long time.
I visited Malaysia recently. Such a nice place.?it felt rigjt at home with the amenities of india and conveninces of the west. I stayed in hyatt but ate at the store near the courthill temple 😜

the coffee i forgot the name but was a singapore chain koppituam or something was one of the best.

Wow, I had no idea "we" as a culture had such a fondness for coffee.

I buy ground from a brand called BonCafe here in Thailand. Make it with a low end espresso machine that has out-lasted several other fancier ones that I had before. I prefer to drink it black with a bit of sugar and nutmeg spice or black ginger powder added to it.

Tempted to buy the "Breville Oracle" machine, and for those of you familiar with crypto may have heard of the coffee brand "Gratuitas"out of Guatemala.

After the morning alarm, it is the Suda Suda Kaapi that is our next wake up call, especially in our Brahmin community. There are lots of brands out there, yet a few traditional ones are not just giving stiff competition to the baristas, but also thriving.
As a coffee lover, I'm looking at researching a few brands, especially the ones we use at home, and thought it best to start from here.

If there was one brand of coffee that you swear by (especially South Indian, Tamilnadu or Chennai) which one would it be?
None of the above should be one choice as I prefer Cothas which is very good.

After the morning alarm, it is the Suda Suda Kaapi that is our next wake up call, especially in our Brahmin community. There are lots of brands out there, yet a few traditional ones are not just giving stiff competition to the baristas, but also thriving.
As a coffee lover, I'm looking at researching a few brands, especially the ones we use at home, and thought it best to start from here.

If there was one brand of coffee that you swear by (especially South Indian, Tamilnadu or Chennai) which one would it be?
பால் பொங்கும் போது கோத்தாஸ் காபி டிகாக்ஷன விட்டா பொன் நிறத்தில் சூப்பர் காபி சுவை இருக்கறதே தேவாமிர்தம்

Latest ads

Back