• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Morning Kaapi - what's your pick?

Which brand of coffee do you mostly relate to

• Total voters
After the morning alarm, it is the Suda Suda Kaapi that is our next wake up call, especially in our Brahmin community. There are lots of brands out there, yet a few traditional ones are not just giving stiff competition to the baristas, but also thriving.
As a coffee lover, I'm looking at researching a few brands, especially the ones we use at home, and thought it best to start from here.

If there was one brand of coffee that you swear by (especially South Indian, Tamilnadu or Chennai) which one would it be?

Last edited:

This is an old thread on Coffee

This is a comment by one participant. About 60 posting in this thread!

OMG!! This has been winding its way through uncertain territories. Starting with a poor professors cups, moving to cups of a different kind-without handle, to riddle filled ones, to anatomical ones to andal to sundal from வியாசர்பாடி to வாணியம்பாடி(just for the sake of rhymes) and finally ending up in a பேரிளம்பெண்ணின் unfulfilled பெருங்கனவு. LOL. Free entertainment. Enjoyed

My take is--go the shop get peaberry 300 gram and plantation A 200 gram. mix and get it ground to a certain consistancy and use it to brew your concoction. At times if you want a little more of bitterness add a spoon full of Narasus instant coffee. That is my recommendation. Try it and enjoy.
Thumb rule is peaberry for flavour/aroma and plantation for bitterness. Add or reduce to your taste. That is the trick.

My take is--go the shop get peaberry 300 gram and plantation A 200 gram. mix and get it ground to a certain consistancy and use it to brew your concoction. At times if you want a little more of bitterness add a spoon full of Narasus instant coffee. That is my recommendation. Try it and enjoy.
Thumb rule is peaberry for flavour/aroma and plantation for bitterness. Add or reduce to your taste. That is the trick.
thank you. Please do cast your vote in the above poll. It will help me.

Wow...I dont drink coffee at all.

The only time I smell coffee beans is when I go to get my supply of perfumes from Oud Perfume House where taking a whiff of each perfume we are asked to smell fresh coffee beans to delete the smell of the previous perfume and we can go on testing the perfumes and the perfumed oils.

I generally prefer Iced Lemon Tea.

Narasu coffee !! I carry few packets whenever I travel.

Renuka Ji, You are missing out on life !! Nothing I repeat nothing ever comes close to a morning kaapi !! And afternoon kaapi is the most relaxing. And night kaap before sleep is divine !!

I mean you know that coffee is the nectar of the gods from my earlier posts :)- !!

Narasu coffee !! I carry few packets whenever I travel.

Renuka Ji, You are missing out on life !! Nothing I repeat nothing ever comes close to a morning kaapi !! And afternoon kaapi is the most relaxing. And night kaap before sleep is divine !!

I mean you know that coffee is the nectar of the gods from my earlier posts :)- !!
Naah...no way.
Coffee has high content of caffeine and most coffee drinkers need it to jump start their day.

I prefer plain warm water in the morning with Tulsi leaf or sometimes mint leaf.
Only at night I drink warm milk and mid afternoon if I go out anywhere only then I drink iced lemon tea(not often).

I stay away from caffeine...i prefer to be alert right away in the morning.

Btw..Jaykay ji...If coffee is the nectar of Gods as you say..then I guess God must be an African..cos coffee originated from Africa! Lol

hi

i used to have habit of coffee with hindu paper for long time....now i changed into times of india in chennai,,

in delhi...i used to have coffee with the hindusthan times....

After the morning alarm, it is the Suda Suda Kaapi that is our next wake up call, especially in our Brahmin community. There are lots of brands out there, yet a few traditional ones are not just giving stiff competition to the baristas, but also thriving.
As a coffee lover, I'm looking at researching a few brands, especially the ones we use at home, and thought it best to start from here.

If there was one brand of coffee that you swear by (especially South Indian, Tamilnadu or Chennai) which one would it be?
If you intend to buy 1kg of Leo Coffee please do the following
Roasted peebery 1/2 kg
Roasted plantation A (special) 1/2 kg
Mix and grind.
No chicory please
Make filter coffee and enjoy the suberb taste

After trying many brands I have stuck to Gothas with 15% to give consistency and slight bitterness. It is available in Bangalore and many US stores.

Actually we use a combination of Bru filter coffee powder and Cothas coffee powder. This gives both strength and flavor.

I live in Australia and visit madras at least once a year. On my last visit I found a shop in Arunachalam road Saligramam selling Kumbakonam degree coffee powder. This was the BEST EVER coffee I have drunk for a long long time.

hi

i heard gothas coffee too....the first degree coffee with dicotion....aroma smell and thought provoking....

i heard kumbakonam coffee stores in chennai...but i dont know much about quality...but i like mangalambika

hotel coffee in kumbakonam....i have big story about coffee...

We always get 100% Peaberry roasted and grinded by a local Coffee vendor who is also a relative of us. We consume 500 Gms of Coffee powder per week. Whenever any friend of us visits Coorg we request them and get Arabica Cherry seeds. We get it roasted and grinded by our local vendor and mix the powder in the combination of 40% Arabica Cherry & 60% Peaberry. The Aroma and Strength will be Awesome !!

ha Ha Ha wonderful on Coffee. preferred coffee is filter coffee.
some more- -Turkish Coffee is only thick decoction ( black coffee) that too in a small cup.
Phillippines , prefer civet coffee.
The world’s most expensive coffee, made from poop of civet cat.
In US people will not forget Starbucks.
I recall an anecdote from Shri. R.K.Narayan's book, My Dateless Diary,
He writes when he was in New York he wanted a coffee, so he stood in the queue.
when his turn came, the negro girl asked him black or white?
He thought for a moment, as it should not be racial meaning negro a black and an american.
However in his witty way he replied neither it is brown as south indian brew it.
I had a big laugh while reading it.

10th Oct it's International Coffee Day, a global celebration of flat whites and espresso martinis.
But which country is most fond of the much-loved bean? We've mapped the world according to coffee consumption per capita – and it's the Finns that come out on top. They grind their way through an impressive 12kg per person per year, according to stats from the International Coffee Organization (ICO).
Finland's neighbours are just as hungry for java. Norway, Iceland, Denmark and Sweden also make the top 10 – it must be those long winters. The US comes 26th, while the UK turns up at number 45.
You can't grow coffee in northern Europe (obviously).
Brazil is the world's biggest exporter of coffee, shipping a truly remarkable 5.7bn pounds of grounds each year, according to ICO. In fact, Brazil has been the world’s largest exporter of coffee for more than 150 years. It supplied around 80 per cent of the world’s coffee in the 1920s, but that figure has fallen to around a third.
Second is, perhaps surprisingly, Vietnam, with 3.6bn, followed by Colombia, Indonesia and Ethiopia.
India way behind comes (although we south indians consume) seventh exporter India - 767m pounds.
Love it or hate it, Starbucks has spread its caffeine-soaked tentacles around all four corners of the globe. But which country has the most branches per head of population? SilverDoor (a serviced apartment website) crunched the numbers, and Monaco came out on top, followed by the US, Canada, Aruba and The Bahamas.
What about tea?

Latest ads

Back