• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Money Looted Estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.
palindrome, is it not extremism to stick to one point of view? if so, then you too are an extremist in stressing your point...

so, what is the dividing line...? and who decides?

think you would understand...

i agree...one becomes a part of something when dealing with it...so if several ppl (incl brahmins) want theetu of the unsocial kind that has no place in a industrialized society to go but only group wants it to remain, so one becomes a fundamentalist to deal with fundamentalism.

i agree...one becomes a part of something when dealing with it...so if several ppl (incl brahmins) want theetu of the unsocial kind that has no place in a industrialized society to go but only group wants it to remain, so one becomes a fundamentalist to deal with fundamentalism.
and hence, the idea of detachment while being attached... for all thoughts are relative and born out of perceptions... varying perceptions...

if one were to define right or wrong and then to act on it, it is again a question of relativity, but is the other justified in questioning it when such acts do not harm others?

and hence, the idea of detachment while being attached... for all thoughts are relative and born out of perceptions... varying perceptions...

if one were to define right or wrong and then to act on it, it is again a question of relativity, but is the other justified in questioning it when such acts do not harm others?

did i say i want to be detached anymore?

no question of relativity or physics.

there is no harm to anyone here.

if change from within does not come, then i fear there is an invitation for harm.

am aware of what i am doing.

thanks.

easy there...

did i say i want to be detached anymore?
did i ask you to do anything? or be detached.. in particular?

no question of relativity or physics.
everything is relative... but you are entitled to your perception...

there is no harm to anyone here.
i think you missed the point here... re-read my post...

if change from within does not come, then i fear there is an invitation for harm.
probably not... but again depends on what "harm" are we actually talking about here...

am aware of what i am doing.
funny... i didn't know that... thank you for that piece of enlightening statement...

and so is everyone... that is the point that is being conveyed here...

me too saying the same..i know its wrong to judge..

this sorta coincides with sapr's postings on morality and judgement..

forget what i think, its abt common consensus....hanging on to old beleifs and trying to apply them to new societies is fundamentalism. (that's wht the wahhabis wanna do...they want everyone to wear a burkha, live life like those old times in a modern society)..

one is free to practice theetu if he is still living his life as a traditional brahmana in his village..god forbid, if mm were to be a collegue one worked with and the kind that justified untouchability on grounds of caste at work..that's the point he fails to see.

the rest of the world does not think a namesake can have his cake and eat it to...as for hygiene part of theetu, i no doubts on it.

i herewith end my posts on this thread. thanks.

re

ss,this piece from pali...sorts of confusing for me.how is 'theetu' fundamentalistic?if you understood can you plz explain?mandaiyae vedichudum pola irukku!!!!

forget what i think, its abt common consensus....hanging on to old beleifs and trying to apply them to new societies is fundamentalism.

ss,tell me,when does ones society becomes new or old?isn't it old wine in new bottle(khe khe,i know you hate this example :))

one is free to practice theetu if he is still living his life as a traditional brahmana in his village..god forbid, if mm were to be a collegue one worked with and the kind that justified untouchability on grounds of caste at work..that's the point he fails to see.

the rest of the world does not think a namesake can have his cake and eat it to...as for hygiene part of theetu, i no doubts on it.

i think m m has been unfairly understood here...all it is about hygeine..the methods deployed was prolly hurting communities...i still remember in our house in teynampet,in front of our house,the 'paal karans'used tie their cows,which used drop their dungs,pee,....etc emanating a wretched stench..i had the guts and go and tell the 'cheri' people,please give bath to cows and also dont allow children to shit in the rods,its un-hygeinex...promptly i was told=get real.

we are so poor,we dont even have a house,food,clothes,latrines...and you expect us to be hygeinic....'vayatha komattindu' warum to even walk on the road for us..but nobody listened,and told me 'muka' has told to have chris like this in every locality so that poor people will get jobs as maidservants=i could not beat the logic of muka.

sb

Bala,

You can keep practising untouchability. Nobody is stopping you. The common consensus is those that are doing it are free to do it somewhere else. Not in a civilized society. Nobody is stopping him from following what he wants to do in a dirty village.

When people have education / awareness they themselves will wanna live in cleanliness..they have no education, therefore no income for cleanliness. Ofcourse the whole points is to get rid of dirt and poverty.

But if someone wants to practice untouchability as a religious practice whereever he goes, sorry he will be kicked out.

mm,

there is no fixed sampradaya in kundalini practice...i do not think a person who goes by literal translation can even try to understand kundalini...excuse me, am out of it....reg rishis, am sorry but i too feel foolish talking to you sometimes...bye.

what no fixed sampradaya ? are you sure?

every yogic practice from ordinary aasana yogas to your kundalini - goes from vedas - my dear.

and who carried the priceless transmission generation from generation?

it is brahmins - not only carried what's said also imparted and taught to the public and lived upto that.

It is very easy to put down one , it is hard to appreciate what benefits they brought to the society as whole.

re

Bala,

You can keep practising untouchability. Nobody is stopping you. The common consensus is those that are doing it are free to do it somewhere else. Not in a civilized society. Nobody is stopping him from following what he wants to do in a dirty village.

When people have education / awareness they themselves will wanna live in cleanliness..they have no education, therefore no income for cleanliness. Ofcourse the whole points is to get rid of dirt and poverty.

But if someone wants to practice untouchability as a religious practice whereever he goes, sorry he will be kicked out.

pali..

khe khe good to see you back in the thread :):welcome:

hygeine was the bottom line=correct inference.

untouchability.i am reminded of the recent trip by bho & his wife to buckingham palace,where such a hue and cry was made,'touching' affectionately the 'queen' of uk!!:censored:

religious 'untouchability' is a myth and was always a 'myth' but practiced neverthless to show off their status or setting them apart.there is nothing inherently evil.

ammachi hugs everybody.she is in so much pain,that seva dals regualarly massage her neck,shoulders,and amma takes ayurvedic concotion to get physical strength.she is the epitome of religious saints, par excellance in the world today.

untouchability=gone=poyindhi=enge theethu=cholay gacchay=evvida poi=ghoom gaya=elli iday ivvaga?=oye kitthay=chala gaya

sb

Last edited:
bala!

one should learn gratitude first - b4 trying to attempt kundalini? what you say?

regards

re

bala!

one should learn gratitude first - b4 trying to attempt kundalini? what you say?

regards

mm

kundalini shud be learnt thru a guru only otherwise its too dangerous.one will become crazy for sure or a mental wreck.=my opinion.

if people try without guru,their'kundi' will become lean:pound:
sb

bala!

Is not learning sense of gratitude more important than learning Kundalini?

regards

what no fixed sampradaya ? are you sure?

every yogic practice from ordinary aasana yogas to your kundalini - goes from vedas - my dear.

and who carried the priceless transmission generation from generation?

it is brahmins - not only carried what's said also imparted and taught to the public and lived upto that.

It is very easy to put down one , it is hard to appreciate what benefits they brought to the society as whole.

i hope you have even tried to speak to someone who ever did kundalini form of yoga...

those naga babas, nath ppl, the ones doing laya, etc are no way related to the current 'brahmins'. they are not following any untouchability..

i already told you to go find out how some sections became so-called brahmins in the colonial times...

re

bala!

Is not learning sense of gratitude more important than learning Kundalini?

regards

ok i tried to dodge :( gratitude is something which comes on its accord to ones being without any external stimuli or prompting.same kundalini gets activated in a minority few with no apparent effort on their part but itself on its own accord.in majority of the cases kundalini shakthi gets activated only thru a deeksha guru.

gratitude=highest form of living.

Yatra Naaryasthu poojyanthe
Ramanethe thatra devathaha

Where women are treated with dignity and Womanhood is worshipped, there Roam the GODS

sb

Last edited:
-how did they get to know the teaching at first?

pali!

are you saying " there is absolutely no scriptural reference" on theetu?

and it is all one bad interpretation?

re

-how did they get to know the teaching at first?

its 'swayambhu' or 'iccha shakthi' thru repeated births of life forms=just like vedas are there in akasham for rishis to see it with divya drishti or like how newton understood gravitation or akarshna shakthi and formulated laws or sampradayas for the bhu-loka to understand and live....

sb

re

sorry not from current brahmins...

if you wanna know the history, leave me out and please see a teacher bcoz in this topic you will not find anybody willing to discuss openly..

well i don't know,what peoples grouse are against current brahmins?whether current or past or future=brahmins will be brahmins,just like other personality traits kshatriyas,vaishyas,shudras.

sb

pali!

are you saying " there is absolutely no scriptural reference" on theetu?

and it is all one bad interpretation?

yes.

please quote any reference to any vedic texts on untouchability.

not dharmashastras, puranas give me references from the rig, sama, yajur and atharva...lemme know if it existed in the vedic times...

bala!

even a baby monkey knows about gravitation...that's why it latches to mother's body.

The entire corpus of Yoga sutra is from Vedas.

We have Brahma Sutra, Yoga Sutra and Bhakti Sutra all have source in VEDAS .

Regards

well i don't know,what peoples grouse are against current brahmins?whether current or past or future=brahmins will be brahmins,just like other personality traits kshatriyas,vaishyas,shudras.

sb

what grouse against current brahmins? was responding to mm that kundalini practices did not come from current brahmins..that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back