• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Introductions [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more new entrant

Namaskaaram.
I am a new member.
I was not aware of this forum or else I would have enrolled much earlier.

This is just to state how much I am enjoying reading some excellent postings in this forum.

I am an Iyer by birth, 60 years of age, with roots in Chittur village in Palakkad District, born and brought up in Matunga, Mumbai, with an engineering education from BITS Pilani and a post graduate degree in structural engineering from University of Roorkee in UP.
My Structural engineering career has taken me all over the country and abroad and finally I have settled in Bangalore.

I am presently self employed and involved in knowledge process outsourcing in Bangalore. Prior to this I served a public sector undertaking for 26 years and later worked for a private limited company for 3 years.

I have long been out of touch with the community.
I am proficient in English, a little less so in Hindi.
My Tamil was picked up with contact from my mother and I never learned it formally. It is also strongly accented and my command over it is limited. I can only understand simple Malayalam and struggle when it comes to speaking.

It has been my pleasure to to accidentally stumble upon this cosy corner in Cyber Space where I am sure I am going to feel at home and can exchange news/views and information with community members.

After so many years of separation from the community (except for contacts with close relatives) I am now experiencing the urge for an identity.
I look forward to a pleasant experience by joining this group.

My good wishes to all of you.

G Vishwanath
JP Nagar, Bangalore

Namaskaaram.
I am a new member.
I was not aware of this forum or else I would have enrolled much earlier.

This is just to state how much I am enjoying reading some excellent postings in this forum.

I am an Iyer by birth, 60 years of age, with roots in Chittur village in Palakkad District, born and brought up in Matunga, Mumbai, with an engineering education from BITS Pilani and a post graduate degree in structural engineering from University of Roorkee in UP.
My Structural engineering career has taken me all over the country and abroad and finally I have settled in Bangalore.

I am presently self employed and involved in knowledge process outsourcing in Bangalore. Prior to this I served a public sector undertaking for 26 years and later worked for a private limited company for 3 years.

I have long been out of touch with the community.
I am proficient in English, a little less so in Hindi.
My Tamil was picked up with contact from my mother and I never learned it formally. It is also strongly accented and my command over it is limited. I can only understand simple Malayalam and struggle when it comes to speaking.

It has been my pleasure to to accidentally stumble upon this cosy corner in Cyber Space where I am sure I am going to feel at home and can exchange news/views and information with community members.

After so many years of separation from the community (except for contacts with close relatives) I am now experiencing the urge for an identity.
I look forward to a pleasant experience by joining this group.

My good wishes to all of you.

G Vishwanath
JP Nagar, Bangalore
Namaskarams,
Welcome. basically i am the student of Chittur veda patashala, palakkad
40yrs back... beautiful and nice villlage.. chittur thekkegramam...nice
to meet you again here........i am now in USA....

regards

Hello TBS

Hello Tbs,

Glad to establish contact with one more Chittur aasaami.
Our connection with Chittur Thekkegramam snapped in the early eighties after my Grandfather's death when my uncle sold his house on Riverside street. The next generation had moved permanently to Bombay.
My Grandfather was known as Chuppiah Mesh (Full name C G Subramania Iyer). His students are scattered all over the world.
Perhaphs you may have known him. I am his eldest son's second son.

Our connection with Chittur has recently been re-established.
The house next to the Temple (Sree Ramar Koil) has been purchased by my elder brother and renovated inside (with the exterior unchanged but only painted and cleaned up). This house is diagonally opposite the Ved Paathashaala. My elder brother does not live here all the time but visits Chittur and stays here for a few months in a year.

I hope to be in touch with you and others through this forum.
Thanks for your welcoming message

Regards
G Vishwanath
JP Nagar Bangalore

Dear Shri G. Vishwanath,

Welcome. Please share your experiences with us. There is an young audience here that can benefit from your experience.

I live in the USA (about your age), and been here for the past 39 years.

Regards,
KRS

Hello Tbs,

Glad to establish contact with one more Chittur aasaami.
Our connection with Chittur Thekkegramam snapped in the early eighties after my Grandfather's death when my uncle sold his house on Riverside street. The next generation had moved permanently to Bombay.
My Grandfather was known as Chuppiah Mesh (Full name C G Subramania Iyer). His students are scattered all over the world.
Perhaphs you may have known him. I am his eldest son's second son.

Our connection with Chittur has recently been re-established.
The house next to the Temple (Sree Ramar Koil) has been purchased by my elder brother and renovated inside (with the exterior unchanged but only painted and cleaned up). This house is diagonally opposite the Ved Paathashaala. My elder brother does not live here all the time but visits Chittur and stays here for a few months in a year.

I hope to be in touch with you and others through this forum.
Thanks for your welcoming message

Regards
G Vishwanath
JP Nagar Bangalore
Namaskarams,
i know Sri Ramar Kovil very well...its in rettai street....even some of
my teachers are there still in chittur...i heard that veda patashala has
been closed very long back...you can visit...www.keralaiyers.com..
very nice web...particularly palakkad brahmins...i know riverside too
im basicallly from coimbatore and studied vedam from chittur
vedapatashala...

regards

Dear Sri KRS,

Thank you for your message of welcome. Glad to have one more contact and friend. We will be in touch. I am already familiar with your name and have been reading your posts and that of the other frequent posters and am enjoying msyself. I am already an active member of two yahoo groups that link members of our community and I post fairly frequently on those forums. I am now getting to feel the waters here a bit and as soon as I settle down I will participate actively.
Regards to all
G Vishwanath
JP Nagar, Bangalore

Last edited:
Dear Sri KRS,

Thank you for your message of welcome. Glad to have one more contact and friend. We will be in touch. I am already familiar with your name and have been reading your posts and that of the other frequent posters and am enjoying msyself. I am already an active member of two yahoo groups that link members of our community and I post fairly frequently on those forums. I am now getting to feel the waters here a bit and as soon as I settle down I will participate actively.
Regards to all
G Vishwanath
JP Nagar, Bangalore
namaskarams,
thank you so much...i left chittur early 70's ...and served proud indian
army..........moved many parts of india/abroad...now settled in USA..
but my child hood in chittur very sweet memories...still i feel
Sri Ramar kovil/ chittur puzha/ sivan kovil....sastha preethi etc...

regards

Hello from the next new entrant

I was immediately behind you in the queue to join up here.
Lets hope both of us enjoy our stay here.
Regards
G Vishwanath, JP Nagar, Bangalore

What do you do Vishwanath.... And how has been your experience in Tamil Brahmins so far.

I am reading quite a lot of blogs people are writing here.. some very interesting and some good fun to read.

Hello from Vishwanath

Dear BK30

I have given some details about myself in my post which is listed just after yours.

I am happy to join here. I hope to make new friends and be an active member.
Do tell us a little more about yourself.
Regards
G Vishwanath

My name is Anand and have been living and working in Dubai for the last 16 years. Just joined yesterday, did not know such a forum was existing before. Though been living outside India for long am proud to be one, a Hindu and a tambrahm. There is a very vibrant tambrahm community here in Dubai with lot of poojas, rituals and vedic chanting happening on a continuous basis. Hope to participate in discussions in future.

thanks

I am N.Naga.I hope to enjoy my exchanges of discussion.

N.Naga.

Thanks

welcome and congrats arun.

read your resume and its impressive achievements.

good stuff!
Thanks
I am flattered!
I am just doing my job
regarding the household help
I agree with you in toto
I personally dont mind anybody irrespective of cast or creed so long as they are GOOD I guess you know what I mean
it is again just that there are a lot more people at home who have to accept the facts of life and this lovely planet earth!!

arun,

... and this reminds me of some people of distant past..

- dr v. subramaniam - working for icar in thanjavur, developing some new strain of rice, in the 60s and 70s. for a while he was working in irri in manila

- another one, was his son in law, who eventually headed up cftri in mysore...

all these people happened in 1960s, 70s and are long since passed on...

good to see some current day scientists of india. all i know are folks in i.t., i.t and more i.t. :)

welcome suresh.

it is great new members. but only when we see them actively participating :)

there are many topics, where i think you have an interest, more than to read what others have written.

looking forward to your monikker on some of the posts.

vandhanam. :)

AnyOne from Dallas TX

Joined this forum just today. Seems to be wonderful. AnyOne from DFW area - pls give a shout out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back