• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mccauley's India

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shanti Brahm

Lord McCauley in his speech of Feb 2, 1835, British Parliament:

"I have travelled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen
one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in
this country, such high moral values, people of such calibre, that I do not
think we would ever conquer this country,

unless we break the very backbone of this nation,

which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I
propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her
culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good
and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native
self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated
nation".

Speechless

!!!

I am astounded!

Lord McCauley in his speech of Feb 2, 1835, British Parliament:

"I have travelled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen
one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in
this country, such high moral values, people of such calibre, that I do not
think we would ever conquer this country,

unless we break the very backbone of this nation,

which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I
propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her
culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good
and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native
self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated
nation".

Request

Dear Shanti Brahm,

Could you please compile some of such quotes?

This is important information that we need to learn about history.

Thanks.

Whenever I can I'll compile some quotes. McCauley is the father of the modern Indian educational system that was founded during British rule. The Aryan Invasion theory has it's origins in early 19th century study of Vedic literature and the Laws of Manu was re-discovered at that time and is used like a "Protocals of Zion" to this day against the "Brahmin consipracy" to oppress and "enslave" the people.

Misleading quote

The above quote attributed to Macaulay is unproven, and may in fact be misleading. Can you please provide references to this? It contradicts the extensive economic study conducted by many research scholars on the state of the world economy in the past. By 1850, England had already surpassed India in per-capita GDP and wealth. Here is a link which includes a detailed breakdown of the GDP from AD 0 to 1998.

http://www.theworldeconomy.org/publications/worldeconomy/MaddisontableB-18.pdf

Highlights:

* India was No. 1 in world GDP from 0 AD - 1500 AD. And by a large margin. So much for the story peddled by the Evangelists, Muslims, and EVR's thugs that the caste system had doomed and rotted India.

* Given the population of India, the per-capita GDP of India was No. 1 in the world, comparable to China, until 1000 AD.

* From 1000 AD to 1600 AD, the per-capita GDP of India and China declined, until it was roughly half of Western Europe. However, because of the large population, China took over the No. 1 spot in the world in terms of total GDP, with India a close second. Incidentally, this is when the Muslim invasions of India were at their peak, which is logical. After all looters are going to go where there is loot, not to Papua New Guinea or some such place.

* From 1700-present, Europe had a big surge in GDP, and in terms of per-capita GDP, it was more than 4 times that of China or India. This also coincided with the Industrial revolution in England and northern Europe, since their colonies served as large captive markets, spurring a huge demand for their products and hence increased prosperity.

* England's GDP grew by almost 8 times from 1820-1950!! Far more than any other northern European country. India was truly the jewel of the crown, a large slave population, and also a large captive market, forbidden from starting its own industries. England needs to thank India to this day.

* From 1870-1998, it has truly been an American century. The GDP of America grew in this period by an astonishing 15 times! No other country comes even close, at any period of time. America was a colossus by any measure, per-capita GDP or total GDP.

Of course, India and China, now called developing countries, should really be called re-developing countries. If only all these caste-based hatreds were not whipped up by the politicians, India would have been on a steep trajectory to regain its former glory.

So, when all those EVR'ists complain about Brahmanas having destroyed India, one can point them to the above study, conducted by an international group of economists, who can rubbish these idiotic claims. Brahmanas should never, ever, be apologetic of their past. As thought leaders, intellectuals, writers, they had a role in nearly 2000 years of prosperity for India as a whole! While there are going to be some bad elements in every group who may have led to a deterioration in the values and perception of the group, no one should be apologetic.

I must emphasize, that no society has ever enjoyed such a long reign at the top as India, and if the Brahmanas are mistreated and extinguished from India, it would be a sad commentary on how to destroy a society through short-sightedness.

Last edited:
Often quoted without access to original reference

The above quote is often used and I only present three examples:

http://su-lekha.sulekha.com/blog/post/2004/09/and-they-ruled-us-and-still-they-do.htm

http://www.outlookindia.com/rants.asp?date=09/17/2004&type=normal&pn=2

http://www.kaveri.org/pari/archives/000096.html

It is well quoted on many sites on the internet. Unfortunately, no-where is there any precise citation or reference that can substantiate ther quote. I'm not sure if this is because it is a made up quote which is quite possible. But also, perhaps every log of the British Parliament that goes back to every single day to a hundred and eighty years would not be all typed up and published for the internet.

There are also people who doubt the authenticity of the quote. I can't judge one way or the other as no-one on the pro side or the anti side has really shown either way. I have no idea where the original quote was first used nor why so many sites on the internet use this quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back