• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Matrimonial sites. Searching for truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must know one thing. After posting about stars., The bride's side found so many excuses. Some of them
My daughter want to continue her education
Seshadri swamy/ Babaji. and our spiritual guru not permitting!?
She is going abroad
grand parents are sick!

and many more. I received calls like this!
for matching horoscope, they fear to tell lie.

dear renu
i remember one guy asking my dad if i had eyes like hemamalini, long hair like jaya bhaduri and complexion very very fair and a dimple like sharmila tagore i think today knowing photoshop i can assemble all and see the effect....lol

You can see my son's photo at
ssmatri.net

please post your comments.
As a brahmin he has Sandhan wood paste on his fore head. May be she doesn't like that!

there is nothing wrong with him he is a brahmin and looks one that is all. every thing is time i feel the right person comes and suddenly the flow starts pray he gets a nice girl soon...sunkan

You can see my son's photo at
ssmatri.net

please post your comments.
As a brahmin he has Sandhan wood paste on his fore head. May be she doesn't like that!

Sir,

I saw your sons pic..He looks like a very sweet guy and I find him nice looking too.
I am impressed with his academic qualification too.

Sir just wait...may be the right girl hasnt come for him yet.

And if you dont mind can i tell you something?

You son has good face cut and good features but may be this pic makes him looks very orthodox so girls might be scared.
Also tell him to put the gold chain inside his shirt and not outside his shirt.
May be a pic taken in a studio with a professional photographer might be better.

I hope you dont mind what I wrote sir..I am just giving tips to help improve the pic.

Just to add sir ..even when I got married(I am a Non Brahmin) I rejected all those who came to view me who wore Vibuthi on their forehead.

My husband was the only one who didnt wear Vibuthi on his forehead and it was my husband who didnt mind marrying a vegetarian(I am a vegetarian..my husband was non veg before but after a few years of marriage he turned vegetarian)

All other guys who had Vibuthi on their forhead were insisting that I should start eating Non Veg.So I said no to all of them(anyway they were not handsome too!!LOL)

Last edited:
Dear Renuka, Thank you for your words. To my knowledge

The beauty of the man is how he is behaving with a person may be a male or female., how he approaches the problems, how he handles the situation etc, and the salary is the next and glamor is third. The education is a blessing. The person with ability alone can get a PhD seat., and he alone hold a key post in a leading MNC.

The persons who moves with plenty and various kinds of men and women, irrespective of their age , gender can easily move with family members happily than others.
The present day Brahmins wants Vanniya Brahmins(In Rule) Vaisya Brahmins (Business) Nayaks Brahmins (Who heads an army) and no one wants a Brahmin boy to be married with their daughter. On the other side the Original chettiars, and non Brahmins prefer brahmin girls as they are well educated and brought up than their own community girls and throughs money and present jewels and cars and buy the girl.

There are some rituals that can be performed only by a Married Brahmin priest. But these Prohits are also not getting the girls to marry and in future those rituals are all going to be buried.

I can find a match for my son., but for our Prohits?

The so called Spritual Gurus should show a way for them.

I could see some sense in your argument and that exactly is happening to many girls from our community. This is not just to point out the negative side and seek in consolation. The last three brahmin marriages we attended, two were mixed. Both are brahmin girls - One married to a Bengali and the other to a NB (I donot wish to mention the community here). I could not find any deep or better reasons behind those two marriages. We have much smater boys, better placed with good family background etc.,
On deeper analysis, I find these happen due to emotional involvement at some point of time.
The only point I wish to drive is that most of these happen at working places. Many software people move out and start working before they could realise the outer world. Selected in campus, both go to workplace straightaway. They never had a chance to live with their parents at a time when they are sprouting. They donot have time to talk to thier parents on their future life from the parents of point of view. They keep working hours & hours in front of computers and they are more guided by the people who are close to them in the working environment. And they keep talking & sharing the better and bitter moments. Many fall due to infactuation initilly and later on unable to come out of it. Most of the occasions, they become a pray to emotional decisions.

Two days before a bride's father called me. He said the horoscope and others are Okey. The bride rejected as she needs a person like a cine star.
I wrote that 'only the bride is expected to be fair'. This is our generation story! Now a days, girls want perfection in all aspects:

2 years older, around one lakh salary, just 2 to 3 inches taller, attractive, fair, owning a flat + car + good bank balance!!

The brides parents are ready to spend lakhs of money for the wedding considering it as a life time investment for their

daughter's bright future. Even with all these conditions, marriages are happening!!!

My brother in law's son is 6'6'' tall and even with a handsome and smart look and a fat salary in a leading IT company,

he is rejected because of his height! What do you say, sir?

The best way is for the brahmin boy get smater, meet brahmin girl and get along with it. We are struggling since last three years since our son feels that it is parent's responsibility to select a girl for him and that, he believes, will be the best way to keep a good family life going.

I wrote that 'only the bride is expected to be fair'. This is our generation story! Now a days, girls want perfection in all aspects:

2 years older, around one lakh salary, just 2 to 3 inches taller, attractive, fair, owning a flat + car + good bank balance!!

The brides parents are ready to spend lakhs of money for the wedding considering it as a life time investment for their

daughter's bright future. Even with all these conditions, marriages are happening!!!

My brother in law's son is 6'6'' tall and even with a handsome and smart look and a fat salary in a leading IT company,

he is rejected because of his height! What do you say, sir?

I happened to see a profile 301267 at ssmatri.net the Ht of the girl is 5'11" Neeraja

see if this suits you to them.

Thank you Ramacchandran Sir!

I shall forward this profile to his parents.

FYI Sir, members are not supposed to use RED color. :)

I quite agree with the views expressed herein by our revered members. I came across a profile wherein the expectation of the boy's salary was Rs 4 lakhs to Rs 1 crore! , whatever that meant. How can we expect a 27/28 year boy to earn 1 crore?? All our lifetime earnings and savings coupled together does not reach that figure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back