• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marriage expenses of Tamil Brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madam this great sentiment can be realised only if in earlier years children have contributed a little to the family finances or you have ancestral riches. It is the economics of modern day
continuing with the post , it would be a good idea to take two flats instead of a house on a plot. one flat to live in and another to live on. many old people are surrendering their old houses to builders and collecting two flats . rental from one flat and living in another. this is decent economics and less dependence on children

I do not agree that those who splurge and splash have enough resources. in many middle class homes ,it is done due to pressure from grooms,relatives and to keep up with status whatever it might mean to them in their circle. in many cases they repent later. they do not have a meaningful plan to take care of education, marriage of kids,housing and post retirement living. the last one is a casualty with parents with pensions hit by inflation,unsupportive,ungrateful kids. I know of some parents living in large houses with meager pensions ,let down by kids and having to do menial jobs in neighbours homes such as cooking or helping out with jobs during weddings and funerals besides getting tied with prohithars for free food and alms during funeral ,yearly ceremonies

At this point i think of My father is one who spent his entire salary/savings on his two dumb children. His ideology was not to get any educational loan and burden us later. He lives on his state government pension and till date he never asked a penny from us..I just wish we dont turn ungrateful to him anyday..

dear kunjuppu sir!
you are right .oothra sangai oothu,kekaravan kettu pokatdum ஊதற சங்கை ஊது கேட்பவன் கேட்டு போகட்டும்
guruvayurappan

post 201
dear krish !
if we are healthier and minimum needs ,we need not dependenton our children and in fact helpful to them.
get education for them and not buy degrees for them .that will save alot of money for the parents and children also know about the value of education and parents.for person eager to study,all institution are equal and good/
our mind setup also to
be equal for our daughter as well DIL

guruvayurappan

I think to a very large extent the youngsters who take the educational loans are paying them off...I myself had taken a loan from my almameter and paid off the loan...I know several cases of students who took the loan from Banks and paid them off

Our children are not extravagant..They save by the penny as is our wont...

I have so far not seen any case where parents are left in the lurch as far as finances are concerned; in one case the guy left to US and married a widowed white woman... Fortunately his parents who disowned him for life were having decent income

Madam this great sentiment can be realised only if in earlier years children have contributed a little to the family finances or you have ancestral riches. It is the economics of modern day
Not necessary always, Sir!

It is enough if the education is given without any capitation fee and masters degree is got with aid from some university!

Proper saving should be done right from young age, (by the parents), without spending lavishly on materials and tours.

Unfortunately, Indian universities do not give any substantial aid for students! :sad:

Not necessary always, Sir!

It is enough if the education is given without any capitation fee and masters degree is got with aid from some university!

Proper saving should be done right from young age, (by the parents), without spending lavishly on materials and tours.

Unfortunately, Indian universities do not give any substantial aid for students! :sad:
madam ji
for getting education without capitation fee ,our kids have to be extra brilliant to get into IITs or get a quota seat without capitation fee.you know in anna univ ,govt colleges CEG and MIT there are quota seats for other states of india where there is is no caste discrimination
if your kids pass out of top national instituitons such as iit ,with good GRE scores and with recommendation from a renowned prof . can get you aid abroad. your kids have to sweat it out and belong to top 1percent
how many parents have a decent personal finance profile having the right mix of savings and investment.
most take life as it comes

I think to a very large extent the youngsters who take the educational loans are paying them off...I myself had taken a loan from my almameter and paid off the loan...I know several cases of students who took the loan from Banks and paid them off

Our children are not extravagant..They save by the penny as is our wont...

I have so far not seen any case where parents are left in the lurch as far as finances are concerned; in one case the guy left to US and married a widowed white woman... Fortunately his parents who disowned him for life were having decent income
As for repaying edu. loans Ask the banks. Their maxm. NPAs are edu.loans after bad corporate debts.Now central govt is thinking of underwriting edu.loans to encourage banks to give edu. loans
some do return the loans but they are a minority
my feeling is even nuclear families of husband,wife and parents are breaking down with career minded economic independent working ladies calling the shots in family. more and more parents have to fend for themselves .

Last edited:
Dear Krish Sir,

It is God's blessing to tambra parents, if their son or daughter gets into I I T and later on, a good reco. from some prof based abroad!

Just as we say 'Health is wealth', these children also save our hard earned money! Blessed are those parents. :)

Dear Krish Sir,

It is God's blessing to tambra parents, if their son or daughter gets into I I T and later on, a good reco. from some prof based abroad!

Just as we say 'Health is wealth', these children also save our hard earned money! Blessed are those parents. :)

children go thru severe stress having to maintain very high academic standards and living upto high performance goals of MNC. They need to be a littlle careful about their health and lifestyle . sometime I wonder if it is all worth saving some money and getting this work and life style in return. is it a blessing really after all the plus and minus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back