• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Expenses incured to marriage catreers /vs/hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgopalan

Hello Sirs, First I am explaining the expenses for the hotel owners. BUILDING; own or monthly rent; own; property tax; building maintenance; depreciation;floor cleaning materials; water tax; motor tax; electrical charges;maintenance; spare parts; depreciation; BOREWELL; depreciation; swpare parts ; maintenance; GENERATOR; depreciation; spare parts;maintenance; fuel;GRINDER AND MIXIE; depreciation;maintenance; spare parts; GAS STOVE; depreciation; maintenance; spareparts;fuel; FURNITURES AND FITTINGS; depreciation; maintenance; spareparts; VESSALS; depreciation and maintenance and cleaning powders; FIRE EXTINGUISHERS; depreciation; maintenance; FIRST AID EXPENSES; STATIONERY ARTICLES; Attendance register; pf ; esi and license forms;etc; LICENSE AND LICENSE RENEWALS; to run hotel ; for motors;from sanitary inspectors; from police;from labour office; membership subscription to all india hotel owners association; and south indian hotel owners association; DONATIONS; To chief minister's relief funds through these associations and through vattam; maa vattam people; and during election period and during maa naadu; Donation to souvnier and nearby temples etc; ADVERTISEMENT expenses journals;dailies; periodicals;tv; INSURANCE; to building and the articles in the building; ADVOCATES; consultation fees; AUDITORS; for auditing and submitting accounts to Income tax and Sales tax offices; ANBALIPPU; income tax; sales tax; sanitary inspectors; labour office etc;during deepavali and pongal and other times; Salaries and wages to servers; supervisors; dry cleaning and wet cleaning sweepers; other administration staff ; maintaining pf; esi; leave registers; etc; These expenses must be shared in coffee; tiffin;and meals cost rate; plus provision and vegetables cost; cooley to carry them to the hotel; telephone expenses; then profit. FOR THE CATERERS IN MARRIAGE FOR A MARRIAGE; Bride's father is booking a marriage hall with all the requirements for the caterres; All vessals ;gas; gas cylinders; grinders; water; generator; electricity charges; furnitures; No donation for election and maanaadu; no esi; no pf; no auditor; no vakil; no anbalippu; nom license fees; no depreciation charges; no maintenance charges; no fuel no spare parts; They are coming to the mandapam only with provisions; vegetables;etc; doing seer bakshanam and paruppu thengai etc on the first day morning in the mandapam itself and that day's salary for them is being paid by the bride's father . and they are charging heavily for seer bakshanam and paruppu thengai. and their rate for coffee; tiffin and meals are equal or more than that of hotels; Very rich people in not bothering about money . they are paying; but for the low middle class people it is very high; -My Own Natural Energy Yield= money.

kgopalan,

i need to ask you a favour. if you could parse between every two sentences, it would be easier for me to read. some others may have the same problem.

as an example, i have spaced your current posting, which may be easier to read. the content is all yours.

after parsing, i found it easier to understand. but i still do not follow your point. are caterers cheating people? not sure what you mean.

thank you.

Hello Sirs, First I am explaining the expenses for the hotel owners.

BUILDING; own or monthly rent; own; property tax; building maintenance; depreciation;floor cleaning materials; water tax; motor tax; electrical charges;maintenance; spare parts; depreciation;

BOREWELL; depreciation; swpare parts ; maintenance;

GENERATOR; depreciation; spare parts;maintenance; fuel;

GRINDER AND MIXIE; depreciation;maintenance; spare parts;

GAS STOVE; depreciation; maintenance; spareparts;fuel;

FURNITURES AND FITTINGS; depreciation; maintenance; spareparts;

VESSALS; depreciation and maintenance and cleaning powders; FIRE

EXTINGUISHERS; depreciation; maintenance; FIRST AID EXPENSES;

STATIONERY ARTICLES; Attendance register; pf ; esi and license forms;etc;

LICENSE AND LICENSE RENEWALS; to run hotel ; for motors;from sanitary inspectors; from police;from labour office; membership subscription to all india hotel owners association; and south indian hotel owners association;

DONATIONS; To chief minister's relief funds through these associations and through vattam; maa vattam people; and during election period and during maa naadu; Donation to souvnier and nearby temples etc;

ADVERTISEMENT expenses journals;dailies; periodicals;tv;

INSURANCE; to building and the articles in the building; ADVOCATES; consultation fees;

AUDITORS; for auditing and submitting accounts to Income tax and Sales tax offices;

ANBALIPPU; income tax; sales tax; sanitary inspectors; labour office etc;during deepavali and pongal and other times; Salaries and wages to servers; supervisors; dry cleaning and wet cleaning sweepers; other administration staff ; maintaining pf; esi; leave registers; etc;

These expenses must be shared in coffee; tiffin;and meals cost rate; plus provision and vegetables cost; cooley to carry them to the hotel; telephone expenses; then profit.

FOR THE CATERERS IN MARRIAGE FOR A MARRIAGE; Bride's father is booking a marriage hall with all the requirements for the caterres; All vessals ;gas; gas cylinders; grinders; water; generator; electricity charges; furnitures;

No donation for election and maanaadu; no esi; no pf; no auditor; no vakil; no anbalippu; nom license fees; no depreciation charges; no maintenance charges; no fuel no spare parts;

They are coming to the mandapam only with provisions; vegetables;etc; doing seer bakshanam and paruppu thengai etc on the first day morning in the mandapam itself and that day's salary for them is being paid by the bride's father .

and they are charging heavily for seer bakshanam and paruppu thengai. and their rate for coffee; tiffin and meals are equal or more than that of hotels;

Very rich people in not bothering about money . they are paying; but for the low middle class people it is very high;

-My Own Natural Energy Yield= money.

Dear friends,
I think Mr. Gopalan wants to explain that while Hotels have fixed costs and other variable costs the caters are charging heavily and do not pay depreciation etc.
Ther caters are engaged only when marriage/other functions for which they are called to serve are there. They are also having expenses on vessels/clothes wage to employees, transporting expenses etc.
If you are trying to point out that hotel is far less expensive then you can arrage meals/tiffin through hotel and save yourself.

Dear friends,
I think Mr. Gopalan wants to explain that while Hotels have fixed costs and other variable costs the caters are charging heavily and do not pay depreciation etc.
Ther caters are engaged only when marriage/other functions for which they are called to serve are there. They are also having expenses on vessels/clothes wage to employees, transporting expenses etc.
If you are trying to point out that hotel is far less expensive then you can arrage meals/tiffin through hotel and save yourself.

thank you krs.

one point, i wish to say, is that caterers income is not steady. it is seasonal. so they have to make money in the season, to afford to live in the off-months.

could this be the reason that they have come up with higher figures?

sir I have asked them about the month of aadi margali and purattasi. they are saying that the caterers are getting orders on all the 12 months in each year; for which they are preparing in their own house and supplying to the party's house; they are telling we are qouting rates and the bride's father is accepting; due to lack of knowledge of the expenses incurred by us and the hotel owners; For abdhapoorthy; seemantham; aruvatham kalyanam ;for apara karyam days etc; people are giving order only to these caterers and they are preparing in their own house and supplying to the party's house and they are serving and taking back their vessals; Rate per meals 85 rupees per leaf; tiffin 40 rupees for leaf;

They are also supplying regular carrier meals if ordered; For coffee; Milk one litre 25 rupees; They are adding 400 ml water and fill them up 20 100 mille thermo cups therefore for one cup milk costs125 paise; coffee powder 50 paqise; sugar 50 paise price of thermo cup 25 paise; for the server and profit 50 paise so in marriage halls one cup of coffee may be priced as rupees three per cup ; For the orders from houses they have to include water; gas electricity; vessals; depreciation; maintenance spare parts auto charges toand fro (from their house to party's house and back ).may cost rupees five per cup of 100 ml coffee .But they are charging here 9 rupees per cup and in hotels upto rupees 13 per cup;In the same way there must be three rates one for marriage hall ; one for orders; and one for hotels; to be continued.

I list out the differences between hotels/restaurants and the caterers.

1. In case of hotels, orders do not come in bulk. In other words, after one customer,
when the next will come cannot be pre-judged. But, for catering, the size of the
order and the identity of the customers remain the same.

2. In hotels, several people demand several items. Therefore, the menu is not known
even to the cooks. But, in catering, menu once decided, cannot be changed.

3. In hotels, wastage is more and costs on establishment are very high. In catering,
both are very less. (even what is wasted is charged)

4. When the items and rates are known in advance, the caterers score an edge over the
hoteliers and naturally, their profit margin is also higher.

5. Hotels do business everyday. But, caterers?

kgopalan,

thank you for your detailed explanation.

i am not sure if you are running a hotel. in which case, i wish you all the best, as i am always for our community entrepreneurs and small businessmen.

one must also understand, that from a marriage viewpoint, the caterers appear to have, atleast to what i know, the stranglehold on the service.

nowadays, the caterers do a whole marriage package. they have brochures, where you can pick and choose the type of service, and you are charged based on the selection.

to get a contract, a caterer visits the customer atleast a few times, and the customer gets to sample the food, in a previous wedding.

still, from what i know, it is difficult to get good caterers. once they get a name, the quality goes down, the prices skyrocket, so i am told.

overall, i think we cannot compare hoteliers with caterers. these are two completely different market segments, taking care of two completely different needs. this is like comparing bananas to mangoes.

once again, let me wish you the best in your endeavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back