• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Life with Covid 19

Life has changed ..
We are like jail birds getting info on everything thru webs.All buying ,selling onlne

Only negative news trickles in as to how many more have passed away
Marriages either postponed or taking place ar temple gates with exchange of garlands and on line registration
Deaths with minimal ritual in hospital or home
And bodies handed over for burnig or burial.

Even when corona reduces we will live counting ourl
Losses
If one gets caught away from hometown we can only pray for normalcy in couple of months.

I am locked out of my own flats in delhi and chennai .
There is a week of quaratine in delhi in case of return.In chennai there are covid cases in my apartment block.So return ruled out
Bangalore lockout is lifted today.However hardly anyone venturing out though all shops are open

Most domestic workers and IT professionals are either working from home.Domestics have fled to their villages as most are unable to cope with city living
I do not know whether normalcy will return anytime soon.

Still there are some positives
Supply chains of essential groceries and provisions
has not dried up.
Amazon and big basket are maintaining supplies
Even A2B supplies snacks thru mobile van and settin shop at society gates once a week.
No shortage of medicines.Only hospital care
Care for even good private hospitals for non covid cases could be better.
Some seniors with broken bones or diabetics are finding it tough to get proper treatment.
Doctors are just not available except for emergency treatment.

This is another experience for the generation of 2k.
It has to return to Normalcy and only when is the question
Bodies areburiedor burned not by relatives but by the COVID warriors
Doctors Not getting the required PPE and are dying.
Our politicians are interested to make money out of this pandemic and nothing else.
Venturing out is Risky...but remaining at home is very risky as no supplies come to the doorstep as promised by government
Life is Risky and we need to live it. Today is corona and tomorrow is something else...But living is a challenge......Let us live

It is only the poor who are bearing all the suffering
due to lack of resources and jobs just not being available.Many are cramped in one room tenements three or four in a room.
Contractors have fired daily wagers.Domestics are not paid for lock down days.
Health care not readily available.
Do you knoow many brahmins im delhi are taking whatever job is available.Some are working for Sulabh sauchalaya,some are cycle rickshaw drivers.
Priests get minimal job for marriage with least mantras death ceremony mantras only on dying day .So many are prepared for any employment.
It will take many months for normalcy to return.

I have not crossed my doorstep since March lock down . Why call me jailbird? I why not "படிதாண்டாபத்தினி" with reverence?

Last edited:
School teachers in delhi are fully stretched. They have to deliver food from communty kitchen to covid patients in isolation in their homes.TThey also have to engage students in on line classes,correct their assignments.Mostly scools may not open upto september.
Hosewives are maximun stressed with spouses working from home and kids also home.

hi

CORONA changed all lives...everybody has some kind of challenges...from kids to seniors.....many lost jobs/

lives.....its hard for 2021 year.....no vaccine so far.....there is no light in the end of tunnel....it takes more than

2 years to come normal.....my daughter is front line doctor....she is in charge COVID ICU WARD....

doctors/medical workers life very horrible...every person has to suffer in some way....a small virus made

a BIG impact on everybody's life..

Birds are occupying the open spaces vacated by humans
My flat overlooks the HAl airport runway.
T he airport fellows keep firing in the air to scare them away .

It is a hazard for airforce planes taking off and landing.
I share my balcony on 4th floor with the birds.
The dog next door , cat on a prowl in garden of a
Partment complex are good company.
Humans dread corona so much that most do not venture out of their flats.
I love open spaces and roam around with mask inside the housing complex.
Power failure is a hazard. Got caught in lift once here.
Water is no issue.
Food inflation is a point of discussion though there are no shortages. BBMP does a great job supplying them at society gates.
They directly procure from farmers and supply at cheap rates at society gate.

It is far cheaper than online site

Do you know one can pizzas home by buying the pizza base and baking in micro wave and topping with cheese and vegetable. It costs kust about 150 plus rs as against 999 from pizza vendors.

Do you know one can pizzas home by buying the pizza base and baking in micro wave and topping with cheese and vegetable. It costs kust about 150 plus rs as against 999 from pizza vendors.(#9)

We (my extend family) dine in my flat and I play host on every Sunday! This is what I prepared for the " Sunday together (5/7/20)"
Even the Pizza base was made in my kitchen - sort of workshop demonstration to my d in l and g daughter!

1595926678383_20200705_201014.jpg

Do you know one can pizzas home by buying the pizza base and baking in micro wave and topping with cheese and vegetable. It costs kust about 150 plus rs as against 999 from pizza vendors.(#9)

We (my extend family) dine in my flat and I play host on every Sunday! This is what I prepared for the " Sunday together (5/7/20)"
Even the Pizza base was made in my kitchen - sort of workshop demonstration to my d in l and g daughter!

View attachment 10045
Great .It looks delicious.
Do you serve it with chilly sauce and flakes

Covid makes residents extra generous with house helps; cook and toilet cleaners. They pay for their medical treatment for any ailment just to ensure they do not become corona carriers. At present even the person who presses clothes has been given a paid holiday as he was a bit unwell.
I feel bad that most th[nk onlyservants spread disease. In fact many IT professionals have started going to office and they are not checked on return everyday.

My auditor in Madurai I His office in Busy Nayakar New Street in quarantine area . He has a temporary office near his house with one assistant - struggling with heavy work load . I am In OMR - For the last 3 weeks we are corresponding - sending all details to finalize the IT returns I know last day for filing has been extended . Our returns filed just now and and ack. received in our inbox. New experience First time filed with out stepping into my auditors office - by whatsapp video calls - learning to live with corona!

It is commendable that you are filing returns now.

I intend to do only aug end or sept.My IT consultant

is delhi based.jSo taking it easy until my return to delhi by sept

Daily I hear about reports of corona affected relatives in chennai. One senior lady going for community check up in nanganallur tested positive
Health officials forcibly admitted her to govt hospital Her children are in US.Her other relatives got her shifted to private hospital.A week later released with medical bill of 8k.
Even her brother who was on a visit to her bome got quarantined and flat sealed.
Delhi model of home quaratinec and monitoring oxygen levels and supplying oxygen cylinders home appears sensible.

Delhi is further opening up from 1st aug.Metro ;returning, gyms getting opened.Shops are already open.So normalcy is fast returning

My Aqua guard needs emergency care Water continually dripping from the bottom of the unit even while the unit is switched off. Called the service they said to send service man on Monday tomorrow ruled out total lock out on Sunday ! I know I should close the valve on supply line till Monday - but I don't see any wall provided in the supply line Raman Sastry will be on line by 10 .30 AM I called DLF service the plumber came and after 15minutes struggle closed feeder line !

Last edited:
Opening up of bangalore on aug 1st and removal of day curfee has made all sigh with relief.
Many preferred to have an outing in their vehicles..At the gate there were just 3 buying A2B sweets and savouries.perhaps they prefer to go their hotel directly for their needs.
My daughter says many wives have become weight and figure conscious because of extended lockdown.They have stopped buying sweets.
Being affluent has its problems .Most want gyms to function.Many have installed exercising machines home.

Video by Jambu as usual fumbled try other videos Focus was on the procedure and pooja and not on me!

Today's punarpooja பேத்தி joins me.

Yesterday's pooja

Excellent video. .Who took it this time. Your grand daughter is picking up puja rituals fast .How old is she. My grand daughter is two plus .She is hyper active .She keeps four adults ( Parents and grandparents fully engaged.

Today shortages are hitting online sites..Atta and rava are in short supply.
Perhaps some like itc and hul are facing temporary closure or it is a supply chain issue..

Latest ads

Back