• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Let the Home be a Heaven and not a hell please

• Thread starter V.Balasubramani
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Sir,

Pranams,

Extract of Editorial – The Hindu dated:02.07.2013 - "A home-grown epidemic"

The World Health Organization report issued in collaboration with the

London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the South African

Medical Council reveals that

1) 38% of women are murdered are killed by their intimate partners

2) 30% of women worldwide are victims of brutalities perpetrated

by their close partners

3) 35% of all women experience abuse of some form or the other and

4) 42% sustain injuries during their life time.

Courtesy: The Hindu

The above information is alarming. Though lot is said and read, the desired change in the mindset is yet to take place. While we accept them as our partner, a section of population does not seems to treat them with equality in principle and practice?

For some, it appears that the home which is supposed to be a heaven is proving to be a hell.

It is pathetic that still women suffer in the hands of their intimate partners.

Will this section of population learn that they are second to none and pay them their equal share which they richly deserve and treat them well?

With regards

Sir,

Pranams,

by their close partners

The above information is alarming. Though lot is said and read, the desired change in the mindset is yet to take place. While we accept them as our partner, a section of population does not seems to treat them with equality in principle and practice?

For some, it appears that the home which is supposed to be a heaven is proving to be a hell.

Will this section of population learn that they are second to none and pay them their equal share which they richly deserve and treat them well?

With regards

It is time to wake up and accept the reality. Just paying lip service is not enough.

Sir,

Pranams,

by their close partners

With regards

Shri Balasubramani,

I think I had in an earlier thread written my views which 'frightened you', sort of. Kindly allow me to differ with you in this topic also.

If your OP concerns itself with the active membership here in this forum, I think it is superfluous because almost all of us participating in discussions here will be out of the purview.

But if you are giving your caution/advice to tabras in general or the people of India in general, then I am sorry to say that you have no idea at all about the real world out there, and are just giving a preaching from a high pulpit.

First, you should find out whether the report in question (The World Health Organization report issued in collaboration with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the South African Medical Council) covers all types/kinds/strata of societies and if yes, travel to the interior rural areas of India and live among the poorest sections of the society (for example, in rural TN there are many villages, peopled by the lowest strata in terms of economics as well as caste structure) where family income per annum varies around Rs. 5000 or 6000 and each household has 5 or more kids. To take up a learned piece of paper from a foreign source and wishing it to be implemented in such abjectly poor households, only shows the essential "cultural disconnect" which you and people like you have.

Your post reminds me of the story of Marie Antoinette and her (ill-) famous saying, "If they don't have bread, let them eat cake." :sad: :sad:

hi
if we can provide ROTI/KAPDAA/ MAKAAN to all citizens in this country....then many problems go away.....

hi
if we can provide ROTI/KAPDAA/ MAKAAN to all citizens in this country....then many problems go away.....

The days of Roti / Kapdaa / Makaan are gone away years back. Today it is the world of food from good resto bars, a vehicle (4 wheeler) for commuting, makaan with atlest one A/c and Kapdaa from some branded stores !!

Venkat K

The days of Roti / Kapdaa / Makaan are gone away years back. Today it is the world of food from good resto bars, a vehicle (4 wheeler) for commuting, makaan with atlest one A/c and Kapdaa from some branded stores !!

Venkat K

Exactly!!!

To relate the same with the theme of the OP -

Today people don't readily want to go to prostitute to fulfill their sexual needs.

Not just because of money BUT out of fear of disease. So they want to have girl friends to be sex partners. If could not get a girl friend some would try to establish sexual relationship with a married lady who is desperately looking for full satisfaction (due poor performance of husband). Since women don't have male prostitute concept in society (openly) they could be easily available to guys as their sexual partners. As well, many guys who could not get a girl friend or could not/don't want to establish sexual relationship with sexually starving wife of some one else, go about luring a girl personally or through friends and rape her. Some go for live in relationship that offers a whole some package of - Finance Sharing, free from Boredom, mutual help of some sort and Sexual fulfillment. As well, offers a rehearsal to perform as a complete and effective spouse, no matter if the experiences learned would be used to perform as a complete spouse by way of marriage with the same live-in partner or with some one else (having got to know that he/she is now a learned and experienced person to be a spouse BUT some how the present live-in partners could not get going perfectly with their frequency, chemistry, vibrations etc..etc after couple of years of living together..LOL!!)

All these along with rapists raping unknown desis and foreigners are completely making up the high record of Brutalities on Women.

Under these records of Brutalities on Women, the ladies who are equally responsible in their affairs (excluding true rape victims) and in fact have manipulated with guys for their sexual fulfillment, take refuge.

I think, due to all these, the brothel industry must be under crisis..;) And are now focused on establishing trade networks out of the country, strategically practicing "sex trafficking".

Some go for live in relationship that offers a whole some package of - Finance Sharing, free from Boredom, mutual help of some sort and Sexual fulfillment. As well, offers a rehearsal to perform as a complete and effective spouse, no matter if the experiences learned would be used to perform as a complete spouse by way of marriage with the same live-in partner or with some one else (having got to know that he/she is now a learned and experienced person to be a spouse BUT some how the present live-in partners could not get going perfectly with their frequency, chemistry, vibrations etc..etc after couple of years of living together..LOL!!)

All these along with rapists raping unknown desis and foreigners are completely making up the high record of Brutalities on Women.

I must be extraordinarily daft because try as I am (and really hard) I cannot for the life of me connect consensual, mutual cohabitating with how its related to rape and brutalities on women!!!??

I agree with post 3 w.r.t. the fact that the study cannot be used to analyse conditions in India. I cannot (and will not) correlate the below statements (as indicated in the op/the newspapaper):

a) 38 per cent of women who are murdered are killed by their intimate partners.
b) Some 30 per cent of women worldwide are victims of brutalities perpetrated by their close partners
c) Not to mention that 35 per cent of all women experience abuse of some form or the other
d) and 42 per cent sustain injuries during their lifetime

and then the article concludes - Little wonder then that domestic violence constitutes a distinct category by itself under criminal law

The four points may be true and it may also be true that women might suffer from domestic violence, but the four standalone points do not make a case, imo. For example, point a may be due to infidelity, oppression by the partner, abuse of relations, drug abuse etc. which may not be apparent on a statistical statement like this. We need more info before we conclude.

Statistics, if presented appropriately, can be used to suit any side of the coin. Only the nuances of the case would reveal the truth - but then it would mean we just cannot generalize.

Link to the article A home-grown epidemic - The Hindu

Last edited:
Exactly!!!

To relate the same with the theme of the OP -

Today people don't readily want to go to prostitute to fulfill their sexual needs.

Not just because of money BUT out of fear of disease. So they want to have girl friends to be sex partners. If could not get a girl friend some would try to establish sexual relationship with a married lady who is desperately looking for full satisfaction (due poor performance of husband). Since women don't have male prostitute concept in society (openly) they could be easily available to guys as their sexual partners. As well, many guys who could not get a girl friend or could not/don't want to establish sexual relationship with sexually starving wife of some one else, go about luring a girl personally or through friends and rape her. Some go for live in relationship that offers a whole some package of - Finance Sharing, free from Boredom, mutual help of some sort and Sexual fulfillment. As well, offers a rehearsal to perform as a complete and effective spouse, no matter if the experiences learned would be used to perform as a complete spouse by way of marriage with the same live-in partner or with some one else (having got to know that he/she is now a learned and experienced person to be a spouse BUT some how the present live-in partners could not get going perfectly with their frequency, chemistry, vibrations etc..etc after couple of years of living together..LOL!!)

Under these records of Brutalities on Women, the ladies who are equally responsible in their affairs (excluding true rape victims) and in fact have manipulated with guys for their sexual fulfillment, take refuge.

I think, due to all these, the brothel industry must be under crisis..;) And are now focused on establishing trade networks out of the country, strategically practicing "sex trafficking".

I was feeling very sleepy but this post really woke me up!

From Roti,Kapda Aur Makaan it shifts to Roti,Kapda Aur Ladki!LOL

I guess stress of life makes people sing in a different raaga as explained by this stanza in the famous Bhag Bhag song:

Hum toh hai kabootar, Do pahiye ka ek scooter Zindagi
Jo Dhakelo toh Chale
Arre kismat ki hai kadki, Roti Kapda aur Ladki teeno hi
Paapad belo toh miley..
Yeh bheja garden hai, aur tension maali hai.. yeah..
Mann ka taanpoora, frustration me chhede ek hi Raag.. Raag Raag..
Bhaag.....

We're pigeons, life's a scooter with two wheels,
if you push, it moves (forward),
our luck is bad, food, cloth and girl all three (basic needs)
are achieved only when we work very hard
this mind is a garden, and tension is the gardener,
the tanpoora (musical instrument) of the heart, plays just one raaga in frustration,
run run....

Last edited:
Exactly!!!

I can understand your concern so what do you recommend to help the sex industry.

I agree with post 3 w.r.t. the fact that the study cannot be used to analyse conditions in India. I cannot (and will not) correlate the below statements (as indicated in the op/the newspapaper):

a) 38 per cent of women who are murdered are killed by their intimate partners.
b) Some 30 per cent of women worldwide are victims of brutalities perpetrated by their close partners
c) Not to mention that 35 per cent of all women experience abuse of some form or the other
d) and 42 per cent sustain injuries during their lifetime

and then the article concludes - Little wonder then that domestic violence constitutes a distinct category by itself under criminal law

The four points may be true and it may also be true that women might suffer from domestic violence, but the four standalone points do not make a case, imo. For example, point a may be due to infidelity, oppression by the partner, abuse of relations, drug abuse etc. which may not be apparent on a statistical statement like this. We need more info before we conclude.

Statistics, if presented appropriately, can be used to suit any side of the coin. Only the nuances of the case would reveal the truth - but then it would mean we just cannot generalize.

Link to the article A home-grown epidemic - The Hindu

If you do not agree with the message, then kill the messenger. May be then the new messenger will bring the message to your liking.

Sri Sangom Ji,

With all reluctance I am posting this reply since you rack up the issue.

I am reproducing hereunder the concluding portion of your esteemed posting for one of my earlier thread:

"Therefore, please discard all such irreligious thoughts from you rmind and also sub-conscious so that all the punya you are trying to earn by going to temples,uzhavArappaNi, etc., do not go waste and you end up as a worm or some lowly creature in your next birth".

Do you feel proud for such posting? You have termed it as a frightening ,sort of thing, I am sorry you are mistaken. I never expected then such a posting from a Veteran as I have great respect forevery Member of this August Forum. I was really disturbed. I immediately requested to forum owner to close the thread. When I was questioned by the Moderator for my act, I repeated the very same version and had not made any complaint. If you feel proud for having sent such a disturbing posting, it is your style of writing While you have every right to differ, I fervently believe that you have no right to pass such a sort of curse. For your information I don’t have belief of my next birth which is a different issue. You may now ask me why I fail to reply then? Cos I don’t want to make fuss of things. I am not here for that. Even now I am writing this bcos you have mentioned this unnecessarily in your above posting.

As for your point on my active participation, it is my discretion either to participate actively or keep aloof. You have absolutely no right to prevent me.

I know pretty well that one man's elixer is otherman's poison. As every coin has two sides, everyone's opinion tend to differ. As such, you are at liberty to express your opinion. But let the opinion be a opinion in strict terms and not either directional or instructional, bcos it is a common forum with everybody having their own freedom of expression and equal rights.. It is not an Office. Neither you are my Boss nor I am your subordinate. Hence you can't be giving directions like this:

"First, you should find out whether the report in question (The World Health Organization report issued in collaboration with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the South African Medical Council) covers all types/kinds/strata of societies and if yes, travel to the interior rural areas of India and live among the poorest sections of the society (for example, in rural TN there are many villages, peopled by the lowest strata in terms of economics as well as caste structure) where family income per annum varies around Rs. 5000 or 6000 and each household has 5 or more kids"

You want me to probe or investigate? You go on to say live among the poorest section.. bla bla .

Do you mean to say that there is no domestic violence prevenlent or you have no idea of the husband's beating their wife after consuming intoxicating drinks. There are number of cases seeking divorce on the ground of domestic violence.

Let me make clear things. I have every right to post threads. You can very well differ. But in future if you inclined to reply in your own style I have no other alternative except to ignore them repeat ignore them. Very sorry.

With regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back