• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Legalising lgbt is blasphemy of hinduism

Ok...in that case can you kindly furnish me with evidence that some souls are saved and untouched by Karma as you had earlier said?

If you feel I am only being Bhagavad Geetaish..then please state the supporting authentic text which support your claim.and produce me one line that would support your anti.LGBT stance too.

To be fair to me and you and to prove none of us are
deluded.

superficially intelligent challenge.

please review my earlier posts madam.

Last edited:
"......A Hindu believes......:"

Dear Sri Prasad,

Please meditate on this one phrase, giving loud thoughts on it, expanding and exploding all the interpretations possible.

Eventually you are sure to arrive at the greatest Truth that will open your eyes to see a Sparkling Light.

You will discern the chains that have been binding us breaking, the yokes that have been burdening us being lifted off, the scales that have been eclipsing us from the Truth falling, all the dark clouds clearing.

Last edited:
most lovable mr a-tb,

very many thanks for honoring/revering me with your continual responses.

with due respect to your erudite knowledge, regret to mention you exposed your gullibility and you, not I, deceived your own self.

invading others' privacy, uncivilized/uncouth queries are your standards of integrity and you make irrational justifications of your pursuit.

you may carry on with your jumping to irrational conclusions and with your vitriolic verbal assaults.

quoting from the Bible does not make one a christian as much as sandhyavandhanam/vegetarianism does not make one a brahmin.

review your own posts and see all your invariably inappropriate remarks.

can't care less to waste any more of my precious time unsuccessfully trying to drive saner counsel in you.

thanks for your sincere wishes anyway.

May God bless you too!!!

Come on pal,

You came to put the gays in the closet and in process your messages have outed you as to who you are and what your agenda here is.

Integrity, Truth and messages without hypocrisy - They may seem alien to you but it is valued by forum members here,

You are out of the closet now, my friend.
Own it!
Accept it!

And "the truth will set you free"

Be well

superficially intelligent challenge.

please review my earlier posts madam.

Please show some respect to the questions put forth by Madam Renuka,

They are not superficial. In the process of trying to answer and in your inability to answer, you will come further out of the closet.

Embrace the truth because it will set you free

Getting back to topic.

GSji,
You can be for or against an Issue, even LGBTQ.
That is a social position, and we can discuss for or against it.

That issue is not religion based and has no religion.
I support the SC judgment that it should be decriminalized.
I do not know any friend or family member who has come out yet. It will make it awkward when I see it for the first time.
It made me squeamish when I saw people eating piglet (that looked live). But now I do not flinch when I see it.
So that too shall pass.

I do not know all the variations in Hinduism, I do not know all that Hinduism will accept. So I am not an authority on Hinduism. So it is very difficult to be a defender of Hinduism. I defend the Hindus, I defend Indians, I defend human beings.
I am against Pakistan, and I am against Indians who support Pakistan.

OK, Mr Sravana.

I want to end this exchange on this note.

Morality, positivity, negativity --- All are subjective

May the best things happen to you

Easy way out saying they are subjective but may the best things happen to you too

I understand that the level of morality of people is in accordance with their spiritual or mental development whatever you may call it. That does not mean morality is subjective. One has to understand the difference.

I understand that the level of morality of people is in accordance with their spiritual or mental development whatever you may call it. That does not mean morality is subjective. One has to understand the difference.

I am sorry I do not know what happened to the rational Sravna, who used to advocate the Advaita philosophy!!!
Morality is absolutely subjective, it bound by time and location, it is also unique to each group.

a particular system of values and principles of conduct, especially one held by a specified person or society.

A simple example:
A child marriage was morally right 100 years ago in the Indian subcontinent.

It is immoral in India today.

Morality can be a body of standards or principles derived from a
code of conduct from a particular philosophy, religion or culture, or it can derive from a standard that a person believes should be universal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morality

Last edited:
Please Shri. Prasad do not go by the definition of wikipedia. They are influenced by the western idea of morality.

My point is what is right and what is wrong are absolute. But everyone cannot achieve the same high standards of morality. So we use relative standards for those who are not evolved enough and say if they are are able to achieve even such diminished standards they are doing the right thing. But peace in society requires that those are not not evolved enough be under the control and guidance of more evolved people who are able to achieve absolute standards.

A Division Bench of the Kerala High Court on Monday allowed a woman to go with her female lover and live together.

The Bench passed the order when a habeas corpus petition filed by Sreeja S. of Kollam complaining about the illegal detention of her female lover by the latter’s parents came up for hearing. The court, after interacting with the woman who was produced by the police, allowed both of them to go together.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...d-to-go-with-female-lover/article25032549.ece

Please Shri. Prasad do not go by the definition of wikipedia. They are influenced by the western idea of morality.

My point is what is right and what is wrong are absolute. But everyone cannot achieve the same high standards of morality. So we use relative standards for those who are not evolved enough and say if they are are able to achieve even such diminished standards they are doing the right thing. But peace in society requires that those are not not evolved enough be under the control and guidance of more evolved people who are able to achieve absolute standards.

Are you sure you wanted this post?

Morality is a Western Concept. Morality is an English word.
The only way to express a meaning is in English, and yes the concept in western.
The morality of any society changes over time.

Your assertion of "right and wrong" being absolute is blasphemy.
Except for Brahman nothing is absolute.

slok- ärdhena pravakshyämi yad-uktam granthakotibhih |
brahma satyam jagan-mithyä jivo brahmaiva näparah ||
- meaning - ‘In half of a sloka I state what has been stated by millions of texts; that is, Brahman alone is real and this jagat is mithyä, and the jiva is non-different from Brahman.’ From this statement, the Advaita philosophy can be divided into three distinct areas of analysis – i) Brahman is Satyam, ii) Jagat is Mithyäand iii) Relationship between the jiva and Brahman.

https://www.speakingtree.in/blog/brahman-satyam-jagat-mithya

If Shankara says the JAGAT is mithya, everything in the Jagat is mithya too. Morality being in this world is mithya too. That also has to die.

If you do not see the hollowness of your argument, I can not help you.

Mitya here means temporary, Satyam means that which pervades time and place.

Last edited:
Again a girl age 1, running naked is totally acceptable (moral), but a girl age 20, running naked is immoral.

But if that 20-year-old girl is being chased away by a tiger of fire again that is acceptable.

Similarly, a soldier killing an enemy is moral but killing anyone else is immoral.

Sravna...you should listen to videos of Sadguru.
When he speaks he doesnt use the word morality..he says..its a matter of what we want and most conducive for us.

Some youths asked him about casual relationships and he replied this

Btw I have noted after you came back to Forum you are not engaging with me in any post unlike before..any new sadhana to avoid interaction with females?

[video=youtube_share;e6xOvcmJgrk]https://youtu.be/e6xOvcmJgrk[/video]

Einstine in November 1915, found the right equation for describing gravity and space. He called this new idea for gravity the general theory of relativity.​
Relativity is the key word here. Einstein’s math had indicated that time would not seem to slow down to an observer who was speeding along. It only showed up by comparing that person’s time relative to what it was back on Earth.​
Nor was time the only thing that could stretch with relativity. In Einstein’s theory, time and space are closely related. So events in the universe are referred to as locations in spacetime. Matter moves through spacetime along curving pathways. And those pathways are created by the effect of matter on spacetime.​
Today scientists believe that Einstein’s theory is the best way to describe not only gravity, but also the entire universe.

Nothing in this universe is NOT changing, everything is changing.​

Dear Renuka,

I love engaging with you. Probably either the messages were not provocative enough or I might have missed them.

Are you sure you wanted this post?

Morality is a Western Concept. Morality is an English word.
The only way to express a meaning is in English, and yes the concept in western.
The morality of any society changes over time.

Your assertion of "right and wrong" being absolute is blasphemy.
Except for Brahman nothing is absolute.

slok- ärdhena pravakshyämi yad-uktam granthakotibhih |
brahma satyam jagan-mithyä jivo brahmaiva näparah ||
- meaning - ‘In half of a sloka I state what has been stated by millions of texts; that is, Brahman alone is real and this jagat is mithyä, and the jiva is non-different from Brahman.’ From this statement, the Advaita philosophy can be divided into three distinct areas of analysis – i) Brahman is Satyam, ii) Jagat is Mithyäand iii) Relationship between the jiva and Brahman.

https://www.speakingtree.in/blog/brahman-satyam-jagat-mithya

If Shankara says the JAGAT is mithya, everything in the Jagat is mithya too. Morality being in this world is mithya too. That also has to die.

If you do not see the hollowness of your argument, I can not help you.

Mitya here means temporary, Satyam means that which pervades time and place.
Dear Shri Prasad,

Living in accordance with values is not a western concept but a universal and a timeless concept. You elevate your mind by understanding values and practicing them. Moral values are not mithya but by practicing them you remove the mithya because there has to be a way to remove mithya and practicing moral values is the way to it.

Again a girl age 1, running naked is totally acceptable (moral), but a girl age 20, running naked is immoral.

But if that 20-year-old girl is being chased away by a tiger of fire again that is acceptable.

Similarly, a soldier killing an enemy is moral but killing anyone else is immoral.

Morality operates at different levels , one is the literal one and the other in accordance with the higher dharma. What you use as examples can be resolved this way . Lying is wrong but lying to save another's life is not wrong. This does not mean morality is subjective. It only means you need to see the big picture better when nuances are involved.

I am not an authority on the English language. I do not invent the meaning of words, I have to realize the word definition is Dictionary. If you were contesting the spelling bee championship, and invent your own spellings. Similarly, a word has a set of meanings defined in dictionaries. encyclopedias etc.

Morality operates at different levels , one is the literal one and the other in accordance with the higher dharma. What you use as examples can be resolved this way . Lying is wrong but lying to save another's life is not wrong. This does not mean morality is subjective. It only means you need to see the big picture better when nuances are involved.

Your big picture is in your mind, and you alone can see it on a given day.

Dear Shri Prasad,

To understand there is an absolute standard consider the perfect moral entity which is God. He would have no dilemma in selecting an action under any situation. It seems subjective because there are limitations to human mind and the capabilities among humans are varying but there is indeed an objective answer for a perfect being. The less the limitations of a person or more evolved he is, the more close is his thinking towards that of the perfect being. There is also the factor of faith. Some people prefer to blindly trust the views of who they think were highly evolved.

sravna;412 What you use as examples can be resolved this way . Lying is wrong but lying to save another's life is not wrong. This does not mean morality is subjective. It only means you need to see the big picture better when nuances are involved.[/QUOTE said:
Lying to save your skin ? What is the big picture in that situation? Perjury is higher dharma!

Latest ads

Back