• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

(Late)Padmasri Dr.H.Srinivasan - Birthday.

Brahmanyan

Today September 7th is the Birthday my cousin (Late)Dr.H.Srinvasan. On this day ninety years ago my cousin Malayappa Ganapathi Srinivasan was born to my Uncle Dr.V.Hariharan aunt Smt. Janaki. Highly qualified and recognised Surgeon Padmasri Dr. Srinivasan, FRCS, dedicated his entire life for the amelioration of the suffering lot in devising special surgical methods to correct the deformities of Leprosy patients. He never aspired for any glory or monitory benefits for the services rendered.

On this day let us remember this great Doctor and humanist and salute him for his service to the humanity.

Today Dept of Orthopaedics in KMC Mangalore and the Canara Orthopaedic Society are planning to name the Trauma Ward in Govt Wenlock Hospital after him for his contribution in the field of Orthopaedics and Hand surgery.
I have written a brief biography of him which you can find in the following URL.
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Today September 7th is the Birthday my cousin (Late)Dr.H.Srinvasan. On this day ninety years ago my cousin Malayappa Ganapathi Srinivasan was born to my Uncle Dr.V.Hariharan aunt Smt. Janaki. Highly qualified and recognised Surgeon Padmasri Dr. Srinivasan, FRCS, dedicated his entire life for the amelioration of the suffering lot in devising special surgical methods to correct the deformities of Leprosy patients. He never aspired for any glory or monitory benefits for the services rendered.

On this day let us remember this great Doctor and humanist and salute him for his service to the humanity.

Today Dept of Orthopaedics in KMC Mangalore and the Canara Orthopaedic Society are planning to name the Trauma Ward in Govt Wenlock Hospital after him for his contribution in the field of Orthopaedics and Hand surgery.
I have written a brief biography of him which you can find in the following URL.
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Nice.

Is Malayappa a name of person or place and if it is is place where is it?

Our Kuladeivam is Malayamarungar (Malayappan - மலையப்பன் ) and Mangalambikai in Perungalur. Till last generation it was the custom in our family to name the first child in the family as Malayappan or Hariharan if it is a male child or Mangalam if it is a female child. I have been to this Temple complex a few times when ever I visited Tanjavur.
I have written about this temple in my Blog in Tamil Brahmins Forum which is available in the following URL:

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/blogs/brahmanyan/3104-perungalur.html

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Latest ads

Back