• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

lamentations of a thamizh brahmin

drsundaram

i read and just sharing
" முஸ்லிம்மயமாகிமாகி #வரும்அக்ரஹாரங்கள்!

தஞ்சை, திருவாரூர், நாகை, காரைக்கால் உட்பட தமிழ்நாட்டின் எல்லா மாவட்டங்களிலும் நாங்கள் ஆன்மீக சுற்றுப்பயணம் செய்தபோது எங்களை அதிர்ச்சி அடையச் செய்தது அக்ரஹாரங்களில் நாங்கள் கண்ட காட்சிகள்தான்.

அக்ரஹாரங்களில் கோயில்கள் எல்லாம் இடிந்த மண்டபங்களாகக் காட்சி தருகின்றன. பர்தா அணிந்த பெண்களும், குல்லா, லுங்கி அணிந்த தாடி வளர்த்த ஆண்களும்தான் அங்கு நடமாடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்.

தெய்வீக மணம் கமழும் தஞ்சை மண்டலத்தில் சீர்காழி, மயிலாடுதுறை, கும்பகோணம், நாகூர், திருவாரூர் போன்ற முக்கியமான நகரங்களில் உள்ள அக்ரஹாரங்கள் இஸ்லாமிய மயமாகிவிட்டன.

தஞ்சை – கும்பகோணம் நெடுஞ்சாலையில் அய்யம்பேட்டைக்கு அருகிலுள்ள சக்கராபள்ளியில் அக்ரஹாரம் இன்று ஹாஜியார் தெருவாகவும், காயிதே மில்லத் தெருவாகவும் மாறிவிட்டன.
இங்குள்ள அக்ரஹாரத்தில் 1500 ஆண்டுகள் பழமையான சக்ரவாகேஸ்வரர் ஆலயம் மட்டுமே எஞ்சியிருக்கிறது.

இந்த சக்கராப்பள்ளிக்கு அருகில் ராஜகிரியில் மிகப்பெரிய அக்ரஹாரங்கள் இருந்ததற்கான அடையாளங்கள் உள்ளன. மற்ற ஊர்களில் அக்ரஹாரங்களில் கோயில்களாவது எஞ்சியிருக்கின்றன. ஆனால் இங்கு கோயிலும் இல்லை. அக்ரஹார தெருக்களில் ஜின்னா தெரு, காயிதே மில்லத் தெரு, ஹாஜியார் தெரு என்ற பெயர்ப் பலகைகள் மின்னுகின்றன. உள்ளூர் நபர்கள் சிலரிடம் விசாரித்தபோது ஹிந்துக்கள் அக்ரஹாரத்திலிருந்து பல ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பே வெளியேறி விட்டார்கள். இங்கிருந்த சிவன் கோயிலை இடித்துவிட்டு முஸ்லிம்கள் மசூதி கட்டிவிட்டதாகக் கூறினார்கள்.

திருவாரூர் அருகே உள்ள கொடிக்கால்பாளையத்திலும், அடியக்கமங்கலத்திலும் அக்ரஹாரங்கள் அடியோடு மாறிவிட்டன. இங்குள்ள மசூதிகள் எல்லாவற்றிலும் மிகப்பெரிய குளங்கள் உள்ளன. இந்தக் குளங்களே அங்கு கோயில் இருந்தது என்பதற்கான சாட்சி. அடியக்கமங்கலத்தில் பாப்பாரக் குளம் என்று அழைக்கப்படும் குளத்தையொட்டி மிகப்பெரிய மசூதி உள்ளது. இங்கு ஒரு அக்ரஹாரம் இருந்திருக்கிறது. அந்த அக்ரஹார ஹிந்துக்கள் பயன்படுத்தி வந்த குளமே பாப்பாரக் குளம் என்று அடியக்கமங்கலத்தில் கட்டிட வேலை செய்யும் ஒருவர் நம்மிடம் கூறினார்.

மயிலாடுதுறை அருகிலுள்ள நீடூரில் நிலைமை படுமோசம். இங்கு அக்ரஹாரத்திலுள்ள எல்லா வீடுகளையும் முஸ்லிம்கள் வாங்கி விட்டனர். அக்ரஹாரத்தின் முகப்பில் உள்ள பெருமாள் கோயில் இடிந்து போய் கிடக்கிறது. இந்தப் பெருமாள் கோயில் குளத்தை முஸ்லிம்கள் மதரஸா குளம் என்று அழைக்கிறார்கள்.

பெருமாள் கோயிலுக்கு நேர் எதிரே மிகப்பெரிய குளம் ஒன்று இருக்கிறது. இந்தக் குளம் அக்ரஹாரத்தின் ஈசானிய மூலையில் உள்ள விஸ்வநாதர் கோயிலுக்குச் சொந்தமானது. இந்த விஸ்வநாதர் கோயில் மூலஸ்தானத்தில் மிகப்பெரிய அரச மரம் வளர்ந்துள்ளது. இதனால் கோயில் இடிந்து கற்குவியலாக மாறிவிட்டது. மூலஸ்தானத்தின் இரு பக்கங்களிலும் அரசு மரத்தின் வேர்கள் தூண்கள் போல நிற்கிறது. இந்தக் கோயிலில் இருந்த விலை மதிப்பற்ற விக்கிரகங்கள் எங்கே போனது என்றே தெரியவில்லை. இந்தக் கோயில் இப்போது ஒரு முஸ்லிமின் கட்டுப்பாட்டில் உள்ளது.

அக்ரஹாரங்கள் எப்படி முஸ்லிம் மயமாகியது? சில அக்ரஹார பெரியவர்களிடமே கேட்டோம். முதலில் அக்ரஹாரத்தில் அதிக விலை கொடுத்து ஒரு வீட்டை முஸ்லிம்கள் வாங்கி விடுகிறார்கள். பிறகு அந்த வீட்டின் வாசலிலேயே ஆட்டை அறுப்பார்கள். மீனைக் கழுவி பக்கத்து வீட்டில் ஊற்றுவார்கள். அக்ரஹார பெண்களிடம் கலாட்டா செய்வார்கள். இந்தச் சமயத்தில் டெல்டா மாவட்டங்களில் திராவிடர் கழகம் செல்வாக்கோடு இருந்ததால் முஸ்லிம்கள் அவர்களோடு கைகோர்த்துக் கொண்டு பல அட்டூழியங்களைச் செய்தார்கள். இதனைச் சகிக்க முடியாத ஹிந்துக்கள் ஒவ்வொருவராக வீட்டை அவர்களுக்கே விற்றுவிட்டு, நாட்டின் பல பகுதிகளில் குடியேறி விட்டார்கள் என்று வேதனையோடு கூறினார்கள்.

தங்களது முன்னோர்கள் வாழ்ந்த வீட்டை பார்ப்பதற்கு இப்போது யாராவது வருகிறார்களா?’ என்று நீடூரில் ஒருவரிடம் கேட்டோம். “பலர் அதுபோல வருகிறார்கள். பலரால் தங்கள் முன்னோர்கள் வாழ்ந்த வீட்டைக் காண முடிவதில்லை. தங்கள் வீட்டைக் கண்டுபிடித்த சிலரும் அங்கு முஸ்லிம்கள் வசிப்பதை வேதனையோடு பார்த்துவிட்டுச் செல்கிறார்கள். சமீபத்தில் மும்பையிலிருந்து வந்த ஒருவர் அக்ரஹாரம் முஸ்லிம்மயமாகி இருப்பதைப் பார்த்துவிட்டு இந்த குளக்கரையில் உட்கார்ந்து அழுது கொண்டிருந்தார்” என்றார் அந்தப் பெரியவர். இதைச் சொல்லும்போது அவரின் கண்கள் கலங்கியது. அக்ரஹாரங்கள் எல்லாம் இன்று அரேபியாவாக மாறிக் கொண்டிருக்கின்றன. வேத மந்திரங்கள் ஒலித்த அக்ரஹாரங்களில் அரபி வசனங்கள் கேட்டுக் கொண்டிருப்பதைப் பார்க்கும்போது மனம் வலிக்கத்தான் செய்கிறது.

ஆன்மீக தமிழகம் அரபுஅடிமை நாடாக மாறுவதை தடுப்பது யார்.....??"

Dr Sundaram,

I empathize with you on the condition of our Agraharams. There are multiple reasons why Tamil Brahmins left their Agraharams which were coveted by the Thulukkans and with Arab money have entered the Agraharams. We are vanquished as far as Agraharams are concerned. But are we going to lie low or come out of this ignominy. What should we do to reconstruct our cultural traditions and moorings:

1. Every Tamil Brahmin family should have atleast one house in the Agraharam. We have the money to buy an Agraharam house. It may cost between Rs 30 to Rs 50 lacs
2. The retired folks should live in those agraharams atleast for 3 months in a year while the city going office goers should come during the Temple Festivals atleast twice a year
3. We should own some piece of agricultural land too and start with some cultivation
4. We should help in building veda pata salas in these Agraharams
5. We should establish good social contact with the rest of the communities too.

Money will not be a constraint. There will be naysayers here too...But we need volunteers with single minded devotion to make this a reality

Dr Sundaram,

I empathize with you on the condition of our Agraharams. There are multiple reasons why Tamil Brahmins left their Agraharams which were coveted by the Thulukkans and with Arab money have entered the Agraharams. We are vanquished as far as Agraharams are concerned. But are we going to lie low or come out of this ignominy. What should we do to reconstruct our cultural traditions and moorings:

1. Every Tamil Brahmin family should have atleast one house in the Agraharam. We have the money to buy an Agraharam house. It may cost between Rs 30 to Rs 50 lacs
2. The retired folks should live in those agraharams atleast for 3 months in a year while the city going office goers should come during the Temple Festivals atleast twice a year
3. We should own some piece of agricultural land too and start with some cultivation
4. We should help in building veda pata salas in these Agraharams
5. We should establish good social contact with the rest of the communities too.

Money will not be a constraint. There will be naysayers here too...But we need volunteers with single minded devotion to make this a reality
i was voicing the lamentation by a friend . true to what yu say. we are responsibile to the current status I fulyl am aware and conscious in this regard . We in our mullavasal perambur have our house intact and our brahmins street is with only brahmins till date ;so far so good .

Needs no comment. .....தீதும் நன்றும் பிறர் தர வாரா;

How Brahmin Neighbourhoods Near Temples Have Vanished In Tamil Nadu’s Thanjavur Region

Excerpts:

There are two reasons why the Brahmin neighbourhoods around the temples, particularly in this region that is famous for the temples, have vanished.

1578548525471.png

One is that the younger generation has opted to move out. Educated, they find jobs in Chennai or any of the other metropolitan cities or abroad. Most of the youth who move out are not keen on returning. “If at all people come here, it is to worship their family deity. Otherwise, they all prefer to stay in the cities. Some people are mulling over coming back, though,” says Pachapakesan.

…………………

The other reason is that these Brahmin neighbourhoods in the region have been taken over by Muslims.

“When the lease of any house in an agraharam comes up for a renewal, Hindus belonging to the Backward Class or Scheduled Caste buy it. Then they sell it off to a Muslim who might have offered a price higher than market rate,” says a local youth. Allegations are that some Muslims use these Hindus as fronts to take over the house on a lease.

…………………………………….

“The agraharams played host to temple artistes like nadaswaram and thavil vidwans, Bharatnatyam dancers and other experts. With agraharams vanishing and temples not being able to pay rents due to income loss, this culture of hosting artistes has been lost. They have all gone away as there was no income, and the presence of Muslim families near temples turned out to be a deterrence,” says Nathan*, another local.

Maybe, the Vazhuvoor style of Bharatnatyam could have already been lost, he says.

An observer says, one way some agraharams can be preserved to follow the Kerala government’s example. The neighbourhood state has granted heritage status to many agraharams in the Palakkad district including the one in Kalpathy. A similar initiative is necessary in Tamil Nadu, he says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will the Dravidian Government at Tamil Nadu follow Kerala Govt. example (or)

will the BJP Government at Karnataka follow Kerala example....????

I totally agree with dr sundaram. This take over by the muslim community has been going on in most villages in the entire tamil andu. I saw it when I visited my village out of curiosity about 40 yrs back, in the Udumulpet tahsil(now dt.) villages and was appalled. The Perumal koil lay in ruins. I was told by some that some arab country was funding them freely for such acquisitions. The modus operandi is exactly what shri sundaram has written. I found things recently even in the small streets opposite Siva Vishnu Alayam in Usman road chennai. The muslims, they say, in addition to the 'on record' price, offer a lot in black, And greed takes over. I am 91, settled in Central India and all my children in USA.

Latest ads

Back