• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Karadaiyan Nonbu 2015 - Savitri Nombu Vritham 2015 date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

I am also a conservative - liberated lady!

If you remember my posts in 'vaNNa vaNNa manithargaL', you must know what I mean! :)

what one would call the right blend of east and west? :) dear raji?

the important thing is many men these days are like ram or me... they would never dream of abusing or even ordering their wives for anything that they can do themselves.

not like the fathers of the previous generation. somehow it was felt, i feel, it ok, for men to be rash arrogant rude towards their womenfolk. and it took the arrival of a grandson or daughter, to soften them up.

including my own maternal grandfather, i have lost count of women who used to say with awe, about the anger of their men, in their younger days. nowdays those things simply dont wash.

Last edited:
Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

As I have already written in ''
ஓ அமெரிக்கா ... '' ( O America ...) thread ''இந்தியாவிற்கு இங்கிருந்து நல்லவை போகவில்லை!!''

Many of our girls like to follow the dress culture, English accent, hair style (my mom fondly calls as 'Badhra KALi' hair style!), eating

habits (see the number of Pizza outlets), shouting in get together-s, regular visit to pubs, boy friends etc. from the west and none of

the good qualities like respecting all the elders (most of them refer to them as 'perusu' - thanks to Tamil movies!), punctuality, using

the trash cans etc! Girls from our family circle who have settled abroad never wear tight fitting or showy dresses and we all like that.

They wear the thirumAngalyam (made with 6 gms each in 4 gms size which are small and cute) in thin chains - no compulsion from

the parents.

So, respect for all elders, punctuality,
faith in God, decent non showy dressing, no hugging of random persons of opposite gender :)D ),

saying no to spirits and cigarettes is what I consider as a good blend of east and west! :)

P.S: Opinions differ and what I have written is mine.

hi

generally H 4 gals are more liberated in USA....becoz newly married...husband under control.....NO INLAWS PICCHU PIDUNGAL...

NO SIL ANBU THOLLAI........just 1 hour cooking/washing.....23 hours freedom in a day...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back