• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kalki krishnamurthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong if the sect is known and the owner is not ashamed of talking about it. Hebbar, mandiya and asuri iyengars were and are proud to belong to the groups.

Is there any need to worry about the sub-sect of famous personalities?

from wiki, i am very surprised that kalki considered alai osai his best work.

i found it a drag, moving aimlessly, without a central goal or figure or theme. and too many coincidences to happen in large cities of today.

compared to that ponniyin selvan is 1000 times better in my opinion. PS is multi faceted, very clear in its narration description and character build. it is believable albeit happening 1000 years ago. alai osai happend in 1920 thru 40s and the story looks contrived and unbelievable. i guess it won sahitya academy award only because kalki definitely is owed one, and this dealt with the freedom movement..somewhat.

Is there any need to worry about the sub-sect of famous personalities?

No worry at all. Why do u have negative thinking? There is no harm in knowing the
sub-sect of famous personalities. It also conveys how the sub-sects participate
in the overall community of a particular caste.

Nothing wrong if the sect is known and the owner is not ashamed of talking about it. Hebbar, mandiya and asuri iyengars were and are proud to belong to the groups.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back