• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Jesus Christ was a Tamil Brahmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Very useful links.
Thanks a lot.
Though I may not agree on every point they raise, it gives me lot of information for my research work.
swami
swamiindology.blogspot.com
tamilandvedas.wordpress.com

If it is so, All christians are brahmins and brahmins also can celebrate christmas in a grand manner. In reality, Saibaba can be seen as jesus if a christian wants him to see as. God is love and love is god.

S.Ramanathan

If it is so, All christians are brahmins and brahmins also can celebrate christmas in a grand manner. In reality, Saibaba can be seen as jesus if a christian wants him to see as. God is love and love is god.

S.Ramanathan

Followers need not be TBs.
Just like how Lord Rama is a Kshatriya..that doesnt make all his followers Kshatriyas isnt it?

I was wondering if Jesus was indeed a TB was He an Iyer or Iyengar???

BTW who else is not a TB..even Shekar Subramaniam of Ra One fame is a TB!!LOL

[video=youtube_share;6FteXhp7MZY]http://youtu.be/6FteXhp7MZY[/video]

Followers need not be TBs.
Just like how Lord Rama is a Kshatriya..that doesnt make all his followers Kshatriyas isnt it?
Agreed. I simply applied If a=b and b=c then a=c. (Followers of christ are christians and if christ is a brahmin then followers of brahmin are brahmins):eyebrows:

S.Ramanathan

Shri Ramanathan,

Jesus' immediate followers during his own lifetime were from different parts of society and did not belong to one and the same group/tribe. So, it may not be possible to grant that all christians are tabras or even bras ;)

Kindly also note that Shri Vartak does not endorse the "brahmin" conclusion of savarkar.

After the decipherment of the Dead Sea Scrolls, it was opined that what Jesus or the Essenes preached might have been from some oriental religion.

Seems to be no height there is for blasphemies. Why not contend Jesus was a Nambudhri, no no a Telugu Brahmin, no no a North Indian Kashmiri Brahmin as was reported in 'Mirror' magazine some decades ago. He could also have been a Gounder or Nadar or Chettiar or Mudaliar or Pillai or Pallan or Parayan or Sakkili or Nair or Menon or Naidu or Reddy or Kammavar or Gowda or Okkaliga or Jat or ..................................
Controversies galore as do cooked up evidences.

I was reading about Dr P.V Vartak and came across his publications(in Marathi) that Jesus was a Tamil Brahmin.

click on this link..see No 9.

..:: Dr. P V Vartak

I looked up online and came across this book:

Jesus Christ Was a Hindu

Dont know how far its true but worth a read.

Some decades ago someone raised a query "Why Brahmin caste alone exists in all languages? No other caste exists in more than one language. You don't have a Nair outside of Malayalam group, you don't have a reddy or naidu outside Telugu group, you don't have a Nadar or Mudaliar or Pillai or Chettiar or Kallar or Gounder outside Tamil group. The following version was proscribed although there are nil historic evidences to support the viewpont.

The Israelites were divided into 12 tribes after the 12 sons of Jacob. During their periods of exile they scattered abroad and some came to India. Among them were the Levites who were ordained priests. When the locals enquired of their origin, the Israelites responded, as was their custom, that they are descendants of 'Brhm' the hebrew name for Abraham. The were referred to as Brahmins by the localites, giving a twist to the name of their forefather. The Levites mingled with the locals. Their after-descendants embraced the faith of their fathers but spoke the language of their mothers. Hence Tamil Brahmins, Telugu Brahmins, Marathi Brahmins, Gujarati Brahmins etc.

As though to corroborate this version, some of the practices of Brahmins are written in Torah, the Law book of the Israelites.

There are numerous other versions and stories too. As funny and as eccentric!!!!

Last edited:
Jesus Christ was definitely a Tamil Brahmin.
Look how many Brahmins follow him today by eating MEAT and drinking WINE.
He was an exemplary Brahmin.

is this post not rude and insensitive. to both tamil brahmins and christians?

as if the entire christian faith boils down to eating meat and drinking wine (that too in capital letters). brahmins of the vedic age ate meat, that too horse meat, and drank soma juice. one tends to forget or have selective memory.

after living in a multicultural london for 25 years, is that all everything comes to?

Sir

Then ,can we say that Jesus followed Vedic Brahmins?

I dont think any Christian will take it in a bad sense.

My point is what is the use of discussing whether Jesus was a Brahmin or not when we ourselves don't know what is Brahminism. Every time the issue came for a discussion in the website one thousand different opinions/views came and we never reached any consensus. When we ourselves did not know or "pretend not to know" who is a true brahmin why should we discuss this? I am sure one person is going to askus Did Jesus do Sandhayvanadanam? Did he say Gayathri in Sanskrit or Hebrew? Please take my satire in a lighter vein.

Only when you say or define or agree on who is a brahmin? this Jesus discussion will be useful.
A lot of us are proud to call ourselves Brahmins, but never do three time Sandhavandhanam like your grand dad or my grand dad, never follow what they followed. Eating meat and beef burger and fish fingers and quote Agastya eat human flesh and Ramakrishna Paramahamsa eat fish. Raping a woman and say that Indra raped Ahalya. For your information two temple priests are imprisoned in London for raping women bhaktas. Drinkling wine and refer to soma rasam, murdering people and refer to parasurama.
Sir
Can you please define who is a Brahmin?

Can you please define Brahminism?

Can you please tell me in what way you identify Jesus with a Brahmin?

How many times the Tamilbrahmins. com is going to discuss this without reaching a consensus?

Sir

Then ,can we say that Jesus followed Vedic Brahmins?

I dont think any Christian will take it in a bad sense.

My point is what is the use of discussing whether Jesus was a Brahmin or not when we ourselves don't know what is Brahminism. Every time the issue came for a discussion in the website one thousand different opinions/views came and we never reached any consensus. When we ourselves did not know or "pretend not to know" who is a true brahmin why should we discuss this? I am sure one person is going to askus Did Jesus do Sandhayvanadanam? Did he say Gayathri in Sanskrit or Hebrew? Please take my satire in a lighter vein.

Only when you say or define or agree on who is a brahmin? this Jesus discussion will be useful.
A lot of us are proud to call ourselves Brahmins, but never do three time Sandhavandhanam like your grand dad or my grand dad, never follow what they followed. Eating meat and beef burger and fish fingers and quote Agastya eat human flesh and Ramakrishna Paramahamsa eat fish. Raping a woman and say that Indra raped Ahalya. For your information two temple priests are imprisoned in London for raping women bhaktas. Drinkling wine and refer to soma rasam, murdering people and refer to parasurama.
Sir
Can you please define who is a Brahmin?

Can you please define Brahminism?

Can you please tell me in what way you identify Jesus with a Brahmin?

How many times the Tamilbrahmins. com is going to discuss this without reaching a consensus?

Shri swaminathan,

your justifying your sarcastic post # 12 notwithstanding, the way you wrote it, it is really not creditable for a person with your background and experience.

Your above post is proof, if proof is required, that there is no such thing as "brahminism"; it is simple venkAyam as EVR correctly said. Prophetic, perhaps! Some people claimed they were "brahmins" due to birth and enjoyed privileges in the society; the privileges have gone now and so the people have to stick that label on since they only made it birth-based - otherwise many could have moved on to SC, ST or Dalit.

Whether Jesus was a brahmin or not, he did not give rise to a caste-based society; on that basis, perhaps, we may say Jesus was not a brahmin.

Hi
Sorry if I have offended any one or given a wrong impression. I have been doing Sandhayvandhanam at least one time every day for forty years. Since I have three mantra Upadesas I have to bathe every day and do the mantra. I don't eat meat or drink liquor. My sons also follow me until today in these rituals.
God bless every one.

Dear London Swaminathan,

From one angle you are broad minded indeed. But from an other angle you are diametrically opposite.

It is futile indeed to discuss whether Jesus is a Brahmin or not. Poor Brahmins!!! Brahmins are desperately seeking someone to give their caste a value. It is Jesus today. It may be Mohammed tomorrow and Buddha, Mahavira etc in forthcoming days. True, no one will ever reach a consensus on this until the Brahmin's search for someone to add value ceases.

You also need to understand, following Jesus is not about drinking wine and eating meat. I read in the Bible, where Paul the Apostle of Jesus exhorts like this "The Kindgdom of heaven is not in eating and drinking but in Righteousness, Peace and Joy in the Holy Ghost". Merely because the Europeans eat meat and drink wine, you cannot jump to the conclusion that Jesus taught His disciples so. Brahmins don't perform Sandhyavandhanam nowadays. Especially for Brahmin youth (barring a miniscule) who were born during the 70s and after, their only aim is to go to America, earn wealth even if it involves compromising on so-called brahmin values and virtues. Does that mean the 3 Acharyas, Sankara, Madhwa and Ramanuja, commanded and taught their disciples to throw away in the air all virtues and values!!!! The problem with many of us is, whatever the westerners practice, we conclude it is representative of Jesus. Sadly it is not true. Please learn to separate Jesus from Christianity, a religion founded by the Europeans to suit their comforts dragging the name of Jesus.

I am an Iyer. Mandated by family values, tradition, custom and culture, I had to learn Sanskrit, Vedas, Bagwad Gita etc. Does that forbid me from reading the other scriptures. I have read the Bible as diligently as I have the Gita. I listen to Sermons by Evangelists as enthusiastically as I listened to Chinmayananda. Yet I am a Vegetarian more by choice than by birth. What one eats is decided on discretion than on descent.

Trust some saner counsel would prevail prior to committing some hasty remarks.

Shared in Phileo (brotherly love)
Iyer

Last edited:
Hi
Sorry if I have offended any one or given a wrong impression. I have been doing Sandhayvandhanam at least one time every day for forty years. Since I have three mantra Upadesas I have to bathe every day and do the mantra. I don't eat meat or drink liquor. My sons also follow me until today in these rituals.
God bless every one.

Dear London Swaminathan,

Performing Sandhyavandhanam 3 times, and all that you mentioned above, do you think these alone will make you a brahmin? Does not your words sound of self-righteousness, self-exultation and pride? Even if you have reached the so-called Brahminhood, to the point of being certified by Vasishta Maharishi, do you think you have fulfilled the purpose for which God created you?

You may be inside a garage holding spanners, nuts and bolts. Does that make you a mechanic?

Is reaching Brahminhood the ultimate and absolute end, is it the eternal Truth? Please enlighten this ignorant soul who I am. I shall be much obliged to you.

Love,
Iyer

Last edited:
... Raping a woman and say that Indra raped Ahalya.
Sorry, a rapist will have to look elsewhere to justify his despicable act, Ahalya wanted it just as much as Indra did and that makes it an act of mutual consent.

This thread is another glorious example of Brahmin narcissism, they just have to be the center of everything, if it is a funeral they just have to be the cadaver, nothing less will do, but at least one sandhya a day, well, that is good and dandy enough to feel proud.

These wannabe Brahmins want to be brahmin only as much as possible and convenient, and that is like a woman trying to be a virgin, or for that matter pregnant, as much as possible and convenient.

Cheers for happy and prosperous NY to all my sisters and brothers of the forum ....

Hi
God bless every one.

mindless and selective adherement to certain rituals, and claiming that you are superior to everyone, is, in itself, i think, a very questionable act of self deception - unfortunately you have also propagated falsehood to your next generation.

you have lived in london for 25 years, and what have you learned about universality of humanity. i can understand a view like yours, coming from someone who has not stepped outside of an agraharam. i would say, please look at your surroundings, look at the humanistic values of the society you live, the abundant freedom that you experience, and above all, the rights of your womenfolk.

sorry sir. you are a great disappointment to the concept of humanity and brotherhood of humans.

Who is real Brahmana. Here Lord Krishna told about real Brahamana to Bhisma when he was lying on bed of arrows.
“Acts alone determine who is a Brahmana and who is not. Performing all rituals and sacrifices does not make a Brahmana. There is only one bondage, namely, that caused by desire. He who is free from this bondage is a Brahmana. He who restrains his senses, who is constantly in yogic samadhi is a Brahmana: he is distinguished above all others, and derives his joys from the Self alone.” (Shanti Parva of the Mahabharata)

But as for Tambrams is concerned we are united on the caste basis only which is also a compulsion for us.

Renu,

I skimmed over the paper, somewhat in a rush, so may have missed somethings. But for now am thinking maybe Savarkar's brain was working overtime in the Andaman prison. Maybe Savarkar wanted to tell the missionaries and englishmen that Jesus was a Hindu, Tamil and Brahmin, so he spun a story.

Hence when he came out of prison, he wrote a few things from puranas (unconnected to the topic) and out of nowhere suddenly claims Jesus was Tamil and Brahmin. In the paper i saw no evidence why should Jesus be considered a Tamil or a Brahmin...

I have no idea how Vartak and Savarkar can claim Parawata = Mesopotamia, Kurios = Kurus, Turvasus = Turks, Anara = Wanara, Arava of Bible = Tamil language, Balhika = Baltic countries (btw in Mahabharat the Balhikas practiced Aliya system of property inheritance to nephew - those interested do look that up), and so on.

Savarkar mentions one scholar from Andhra, and someone named Ramasamy Iyer, both of whom gave Savarkar the idea that Jesus was Tamil and Brahmin.

Some people think arava = tamil. The use of the term Arava is rather old (in telugu), and imo refers to the languages of tribes such as Irula / Yenadi / thigala, etc, whose languages are classified under dravidian family, but are quite different from other dravidian languages (those interested please look up details on irula arava). This simply shows 'dravidian' is not one single entity. This in no way means Jesus was Tamil.

Regards.

Renu,

I skimmed over the paper, somewhat in a rush, so may have missed somethings. But for now am thinking maybe Savarkar's brain was working overtime in the Andaman prison. Maybe Savarkar wanted to tell the missionaries and englishmen that Jesus was a Hindu, Tamil and Brahmin, so he spun a story.

Hence when he came out of prison, he wrote a few things from puranas (unconnected to the topic) and out of nowhere suddenly claims Jesus was Tamil and Brahmin. In the paper i saw no evidence why should Jesus be considered a Tamil or a Brahmin...

I have no idea how Vartak and Savarkar can claim Parawata = Mesopotamia, Kurios = Kurus, Turvasus = Turks, Anara = Wanara, Arava of Bible = Tamil language, Balhika = Baltic countries (btw in Mahabharat the Balhikas practiced Aliya system of property inheritance to nephew), and so on.

Savarkar mentions one scholar from Andhra, and someone named Ramasamy Iyer, both of whom gave Savarkar the idea that Jesus was Tamil and Brahmin.

Some people think aravam = tamil. The use of the term Arava is rather old (in telugu), and imo refers to the languages of tribes such as Irula / Yenadi / thigala, etc, whose languages are classified under dravidian family, but are quite different from other dravidian languages (those interested please look up details on irula arava). This simply shows 'dravidian' is not one single entity. This in no way means Jesus was Tamil.

Regards.

I found that link amusing too..thats why I put it in forum and wanted everyone to join in and have some fun reading it...cos the trend these days is everyone is an TB..

1)Jesus
2)Darren Sammy
3)SRK in Ra One..

Sorry, a rapist will have to look elsewhere to justify his despicable act, Ahalya wanted it just as much as Indra did and that makes it an act of mutual consent.

This thread is another glorious example of Brahmin narcissism, they just have to be the center of everything, if it is a funeral they just have to be the cadaver, nothing less will do, but at least one sandhya a day, well, that is good and dandy enough to feel proud.

These wannabe Brahmins want to be brahmin only as much as possible and convenient, and that is like a woman trying to be a virgin, or for that matter pregnant, as much as possible and convenient.

Cheers for happy and prosperous NY to all my sisters and brothers of the forum ....

Like the humor in your post (specially the cadaver part). However regarding the Ahalya story, I read recently that she was completely and innocently deceived because Indra assumed the form of Rishi Gautam. Of course that didn't help her from being cursed at the end, because I guess a wife is just supposed to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back