• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

It's time to stop religious dicrimination against hindus when it comes to educational institutions

Balacs

Happy New Year to you and your family too.

We all have to behave no matter we are.
Like in India right now with all the protest..tell me..isnt the public behaving? Nope!
They actually dare fight and beat up police men too and not willing to listen to their PM.
So its very natural for humans to misbehave and some strict laws should be there for crime prevention.

The recent case of the rape of Dr Priyanka..and the 4 rapist cum murderers got shot dead...I was glad justice was served though I do not rejoice the death of anyone be it saint or sinner.
I am sure a lot of people were happy with that decision of the police.
Some would have cheered for all I know.

So you see we only want others to "behave" but expect ourselves not to abide.

In a hot dry weather..the hijab in the Middle east protect's one from the sun and the hijab is only to be worn outside and not indoors at home or even work place.

Some might call anything a "damn garment" if they do not identify with it.

Just like how some view the sacred thread as not in line with their thinking and harm people wearing it.
See what I mean? If we have hatred for something and attached the "damn" adjective to it, it can translate as violence if not checked.

A hijab/abhaya is just made of cloth.
If one doesnt like it just dont wear it..its that simple.

Manu smirti is man written.
Geeta is from Lord Krishna(word of God)....its a lot of difference.

I am not glorifying KSA....it isnt as bad as the media paints it...thats the picture I get from my very reliable source.
I quite understand the need to "behave" and comply with the laws of the land, but non-compliance
should not entail "surgery". Apart from being a qualified professional, I also happen to be a law graduate. Punishment should be commensurate with the crime. Chopping of the hand for robbery is excessive. If this is the "strict law" you are talking about, I have nothing to say.

What the police did in Hyderabad should be condemned by any right-thinking public. This is what happened in the case of the French Revolution. However, what started as "instant justice" later got labelled as tyranny and the guillotines were working for 8 to 10 hours every day to chop off heads of anyone who was even falsely branded as a criminal. This was also used by the "powers that be" to get rid of their opponents. For the existence of a civilised society, it is absolutely essential that even the most dreaded criminals have the opportunity to defend themselves. Under the laws of our land, everyone is innocent unless proved guilty. If the police have unbridled powers, society as we come to know it will cease to exist. "Let a hundred guilty be acquited, but one innocent should not be convicted" - this statement is the guiding principle behind rules of procedure and evidence guiding our courts. You are, of course, not expected to be aware of it. Here the police acted as the judge, jury and the executioner. Of course, the jury concept is no longer prevalent in India. We have only the word of the police that the four accused were guilty. What even if one of them was innocent???

Having been in Kolkata (Calcutta) for nearly 5 decades, I am well aware of the fact that the hijab is not worn inside the house. The "damned things" was just an expression of personal revulsion by a group of Hindu women and they are entitled to it. This has nothing to do with hatred or violence. People go to places like Saudi to earn a lot of money and put up with a lot of inconveniences. Hence, you cannot say that who asked them to go to Saudi in the first place if they don't like wearing the hijab and the abaya.

"Not wear the hijab and the abaya if you don't like it"! Are you sure you got it right? A woman whose religion is not Islam is compelled to wear it in Saudi when outdoors. Please get your facts right!

I attended the Chinmaya Bala Vihar for years to learn the Bhagwad Gita. I am aware that the Bhagwad Gita was narrated by Lord Krishna to Arjuna. Even those who have never learnt the Bhagwad Gita are aware of it.

renuka

I quite understand the need to "behave" and comply with the laws of the land, but non-compliance
should not entail "surgery". Apart from being a qualified professional, I also happen to be a law graduate. Punishment should be commensurate with the crime. Chopping of the hand for robbery is excessive. If this is the "strict law" you are talking about, I have nothing to say.

What the police did in Hyderabad should be condemned by any right-thinking public. This is what happened in the case of the French Revolution. However, what started as "instant justice" later got labelled as tyranny and the guillotines were working for 8 to 10 hours every day to chop off heads of anyone who was even falsely branded as a criminal. This was also used by the "powers that be" to get rid of their opponents. For the existence of a civilised society, it is absolutely essential that even the most dreaded criminals have the opportunity to defend themselves. Under the laws of our land, everyone is innocent unless proved guilty. If the police have unbridled powers, society as we come to know it will cease to exist. "Let a hundred guilty be acquited, but one innocent should not be convicted" - this statement is the guiding principle behind rules of procedure and evidence guiding our courts. You are, of course, not expected to be aware of it. Here the police acted as the judge, jury and the executioner. Of course, the jury concept is no longer prevalent in India. We have only the word of the police that the four accused were guilty. What even if one of them was innocent???

Having been in Kolkata (Calcutta) for nearly 5 decades, I am well aware of the fact that the hijab is not worn inside the house. The "damned things" was just an expression of personal revulsion by a group of Hindu women and they are entitled to it. This has nothing to do with hatred or violence. People go to places like Saudi to earn a lot of money and put up with a lot of inconveniences. Hence, you cannot say that who asked them to go to Saudi in the first place if they don't like wearing the hijab and the abaya.

"Not wear the hijab and the abaya if you don't like it"! Are you sure you got it right? A woman whose religion is not Islam is compelled to wear it in Saudi when outdoors. Please get your facts right!

I attended the Chinmaya Bala Vihar for years to learn the Bhagwad Gita. I am aware that the Bhagwad Gita was narrated by Lord Krishna to Arjuna. Even those who have never learnt the Bhagwad Gita are aware of it.
What i meant is this..
In Saudi everyone regardless of religion has to wear a hijab/abhaya if outdoors.
If one doesnt want to wear a hijab one can go back to their country of origin and not complain about the garment using strong adjectives but surprisingly not using the word" damn money" earned in middle east...did any of the women you know say "cant wait to get rid of the damn money"?

No one forced anyone to work there...its not a slave trade.
All want to earn riyals yet condemn the culture and country.

Seems strange to me...a tad ungrateful it seems.
When I was in India I never broke any rules even a rule that didnt allow non brahmins to sit in the same dining room as brahmins in a temple.
I didnt get all emotional and go" wallahi! This is haraam!"

No big deal for me..i just abide rules..it was an orthodox temple where the patron Supreme Lord decided to break all tradition and turn the His own idol to face His downtrodden Bhakta back in those times...so you see I am simply very law abiding.

You should be happy that people like me exists since you are a lawyer.

Btw you use all sorts of adjectives and comparative words yet you try to escape on technical grounds and then say I take things out of context! Lol

True..about the Geeta..one doesnt need Chinmaya to know about Lord Krishna and Arjuna.

Balacs

What i meant is this..
In Saudi everyone regardless of religion has to wear a hijab/abhaya if outdoors.
If one doesnt want to wear a hijab one can go back to their country of origin and not complain about the garment using strong adjectives but surprisingly not using the word" damn money" earned in middle east...did any of the women you know say "cant wait to get rid of the damn money"?

When I was in India I never broke any rules even a rule that didnt allow non brahmins to sit in the same dining room as brahmins in a temple.

No big deal for me..i just abide rules..it was an orthodox temple where the patron Supreme Lord decided to break all tradition and turn the His own idol to face His downtrodden Bhakta back in those times...so you see I am simply very law abiding.

Btw you use all sorts of adjectives and comparative words yet you try to escape on technical grounds and then say I take things out of context! Lol

True..about the Geeta..one doesnt need Chinmaya to know about Lord Krishna and Arjuna.
When people do not have anything substantive to say, they use LOL or LMAO. I find that you are adept at avoiding replies to what I have stated and going off at a tangent. Those who are incapable of earning money in their own land or in civilized countries rush off to places like Saudi Arabia. That doesn't mean they have to like wearing the hizab and the abaya.
What i meant is this..

Your original statement was "that one does not have to wear the hijab and the abaya if they don't like it".
Now you repeat what I have stated that people of all religion needs to wear it in Saudi. I do not understand why you keep repeating either what I have stated or what is well known and obvious.

Only those who are incapable of earning enough money in their own country or other civilized democracies would rush headlong into a medieval country like Saudi Arabia. That does not mean they have to like it or enjoy wearing the hizab and the abaya. I find that you are adept at avoiding proper responses and go off at a tangent to cover your shortcomings.

Just because of someone desperate to earn money going to Saudi Arabia doesn't mean that they have to accept whatever is going on! You appear to carry a chip on your shoulder about the fact of your being an NB.

Unlike you, I am trained to give point by point responses and so your allegation of escape on "technical grounds" is absolute balderdash. LOL and LMAO are used by people who are at a loss for words.

By the way, could you name at least 4 or 5 temples where Brahmins and non-Brahmins are made to sit separately in the dining hall? In the past 10 days, I visited at least 20 or more temples in Kerala and Karnataka. I found not one temple which has the rule. Are you sure it is not a figment of your imagination?
Are you by any chance referring to an archaic rule existing a century back???

I said that I am a law graduate and you immediately presume that I am a lawyer. Just because you have described yourself as a doctor, am I presuming that you are a heart surgeon???

Anyway, enough of this! In parting, I shall leave with the celebrated words of Mark Twain, "Never argue with an ________. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

renuka

When people do not have anything substantive to say, they use LOL or LMAO. I find that you are adept at avoiding replies to what I have stated and going off at a tangent. Those who are incapable of earning money in their own land or in civilized countries rush off to places like Saudi Arabia. That doesn't mean they have to like wearing the hizab and the abaya.

Your original statement was "that one does not have to wear the hijab and the abaya if they don't like it".
Now you repeat what I have stated that people of all religion needs to wear it in Saudi. I do not understand why you keep repeating either what I have stated or what is well known and obvious.

Only those who are incapable of earning enough money in their own country or other civilized democracies would rush headlong into a medieval country like Saudi Arabia. That does not mean they have to like it or enjoy wearing the hizab and the abaya. I find that you are adept at avoiding proper responses and go off at a tangent to cover your shortcomings.

Just because of someone desperate to earn money going to Saudi Arabia doesn't mean that they have to accept whatever is going on! You appear to carry a chip on your shoulder about the fact of your being an NB.

Unlike you, I am trained to give point by point responses and so your allegation of escape on "technical grounds" is absolute balderdash. LOL and LMAO are used by people who are at a loss for words.

By the way, could you name at least 4 or 5 temples where Brahmins and non-Brahmins are made to sit separately in the dining hall? In the past 10 days, I visited at least 20 or more temples in Kerala and Karnataka. I found not one temple which has the rule. Are you sure it is not a figment of your imagination?
Are you by any chance referring to an archaic rule existing a century back???

I said that I am a law graduate and you immediately presume that I am a lawyer. Just because you have described yourself as a doctor, am I presuming that you are a heart surgeon???

Anyway, enough of this! In parting, I shall leave with the celebrated words of Mark Twain, "Never argue with an ________. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
You are right..I shouldnt drag myself down to low levels interacting with those who arent like me.

There is no chip i am carrying.
Allah Malik..rest are His servants.
The temple i was talking about is in Udupi..that was in 1990.
Up to you to believe it or not.
Rules could have changed now.

Last edited:

Janaki Jambunathan

And we can see ourselves, Hindus dominate in all spheres of our lives. So what are we crooning about how here ?

True Hinduism is Satya meva jayate - truth alone trumps. Let's be salves / Bakths of truth and truth alone !!!(#2)

Crooning about Salatullhah Salamullah!

Janaki Jambunathan

Renuka(#64)

Rules could have changed now.(#64)

I don't know Arabic I think Sallatullaha Salamullaha is about glory of Allah Mallika Renu can you translate this song for me to understand this song fully

renuka

Renuka(#64)

Rules could have changed now.(#64)

I don't know Arabic I think Sallatullaha Salamullaha is about glory of Allah Mallika Renu can you translate this song for me to understand this song fully
Ya Habibati Sayeeda Janaki Jambunathan..

Its available online.

Here it is..

Janaki Jambunathan

Ya Habibati Sayeeda Janaki Jambunathan..

Its available online.

Here it is..
shukraan lakum Renuka

Janaki Jambunathan

Take a look at this...sung by an Arab Muslim singer for Christmas and it didnt go well with the fanatics ! (#69)

Carol singing is Haram I am sure ! Aurangzeb banned music - It is history.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts