• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

is drinking okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
கள்ளுண்ணாப் போழ்திற் களித்தானைக் காணுங்கால்
உள்ளான்கொல் உண்டதன் சோர்வு.

துஞ்சினார் செத்தாரின் வேறல்லர் எஞ்ஞான்றும்
நஞ்சுண்பார் கள்ளுண் பவர்.

Only in few Kurals , we could see such strong words from thiruvalluvar. This is one such.

Hi AV
looks like you are spamming
why don't you post all of them together and most importantly
why don't you translate in Eng
I am sorry I cant read Tamil I was educated in Hindi and English right from KG
but I can speak very good Tamil

Shame shame

I am very disturbed by brahmins drinking and then doing all those poojas. Is it okay ?

I have seen people hindus have swami room in one remote corner of the room , but have good drink/bar room. why are they having this conflict in their lives?

I truly don't believe in Caste. but seeking discussion from others.

ITS VERY FUNNY TO SEE THE ANSWERS WHICH ALL OF THEM QUOTING THE VEDAS FOR DRINKING AND EATING MEATS.. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER RULES AND WAY OF LIVING.. IF YOU ARE NOT TRUE BELIVER THEN U WILL FIND A HOLE TO ESCAPE... REAL SHAME.:violin:

ITS VERY FUNNY TO SEE THE ANSWERS WHICH ALL OF THEM QUOTING THE VEDAS FOR DRINKING AND EATING MEATS.. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER RULES AND WAY OF LIVING.. IF YOU ARE NOT TRUE BELIVER THEN U WILL FIND A HOLE TO ESCAPE... REAL SHAME.:violin:

shan,

yours is a very cryptic post. can you please substantiate what you are trying to say.

what are the 'other rules and way of living'?

and.. what is so humourous about quoting vedas for drinking and eating meats? do you mean that it was all good jest? or ridiculous?

i am looking forward to a more detailed post from you.

thanks.

My view on this topic:

Grains of malt and barley do they ferment
Brew a potion that induces an involuntary lament

Is it right? Is it wrong? asks a voice
I muse silently, it is all your choice

A sip of liquor, does no harm
Taken in rightly, as a remedial balm

Brings a smile to the weary lips
A soothing drink, to go with spicy chips

Food is poison, that which is over the norm
So then, does it not cause a faint alarm?

"It is all in the mind", easy to say
But when addicted, one holds no sway

Choose your life, style will follow
Drops off, whatever is a little shallow

True to the mind, be what you are
Do you still doubt? Go to the nearest bar!

Drinking is neither a sin nor a gift
Only be sure that you dont get adrift

Clear is he who reads this over a shot
But knows the purport on the dot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back