• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is Ancient India over rated? A mind blowing analysis by Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Na Punyam Na Paapam Na Soukhyam Na Dukham,
Na Manthro Na Theertham Na Veda Na Yagna,
Aham Bhojanam Naiva Bhojyam Na Bhoktha,
Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham

Na Me Dvesha Ragau Na Me Lobha Mohau
Mado Naiva Me Naiva Maatsarya Bhavah
Na Dharmo Na Chartho Na Kamo Na Mokshah
Chidananda Rupah Shivoham! Shivoham!!

Last edited by a moderator:
India is no more a puNya bhoomi! :nono:

In olden days, there WERE many scholars living in this place (Now called India) and MOST of

the people followed DharmA.

There were crimes of all kinds even then; but nothing compared to what is happening right now! :shocked:

Just one example: Chain snatchers FLY from Delhi to Sing. Chennai, to do 'business'!

Series of chain snatching cases cracked, Delhi-based men held

And see this news item!! Over 34,600 rape cases in India, Delhi tops among union territories :doh:

One should not forget that this is Kali Yuga….. and cannot be compared with other yugas..

Attributes of Kali Yuga

Hindus believe that human civilization degenerates spiritually during the Kali Yuga,which is referred to as the Dark Age because in it people are as far away as possible from God. Hinduism often symbolically represents morality (dharma) as an indian bull. In Satya Yuga, the first stage of development, the bull has four legs, but in each age morality is reduced by one quarter. By the age of Kali, morality is reduced to only a quarter of that of the golden age, so that the bull of Dharma has only one leg.
Prophesied events during the Kali Yuga

A discourse by Markandeya in the Mahabharata identifies some of the attributes of Kali Yuga. In relation to rulers, it lists:

· Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.

· Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
· People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.

· "At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [guna or temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser." (Srimad-Bhagavatam (2.7)

With regard to human relationships, Markandeya's discourse says:

· Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
· People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.

· Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.

· Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.

· People will take vows and break them soon after.

· People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.

· Gurus will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

· Brahmins will not be learned or honored, Kshatriyas will not be brave, Vaishyas will not be just in their dealings, and the caste system will be abolished.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

It is believed that at the end of the Yuga, Lord Kalki will appear....

[h=1]15 Most Amazing Predictions for Kali Yuga from the Bhagavata Purana[/h]In the last canto of the Bhagavata Purana there is a list of predictions and prophecies about the dark times for the present age of Kali Yuga. The following 15 predictions, written 5,000 years ago by sage Vedavyasa, are amazing because they appear so accurate. Despite the negative tone of these prophecies, there is still one bright spot for all of us, which is mentioned at the end.

Prediction 1:

Religion, truthfulness, cleanliness, tolerance, mercy, duration of life, physical strength and memory will all diminish day by day because of the powerful influence of the age of Kali.

Source: Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.1

sri-suka uvaca
tatas canu-dinam dharmah
satyam saucam ksama daya
kalena balina rajan
nanksyaty ayur balam smrtih

Prediction 2:

Read more at: : https://www.indiadivine.org/15-most-amazing-predictions-for-kali-yuga-from-the-bhagavata-purana/

15 Most Amazing Predictions for Kali Yuga from the Bhagavata Purana

In the last canto of the Bhagavata Purana there is a list of predictions and prophecies about the dark times for the present age of Kali Yuga. The following 15 predictions, written 5,000 years ago by sage Vedavyasa, are amazing because they appear so accurate. Despite the negative tone of these prophecies, there is still one bright spot for all of us, which is mentioned at the end.

Prediction 1:

Religion, truthfulness, cleanliness, tolerance, mercy, duration of life, physical strength and memory will all diminish day by day because of the powerful influence of the age of Kali.

Source: Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.1

sri-suka uvaca
tatas canu-dinam dharmah
satyam saucam ksama daya
kalena balina rajan
nanksyaty ayur balam smrtih

Prediction 2:

Read more at: : https://www.indiadivine.org/15-most-amazing-predictions-for-kali-yuga-from-the-bhagavata-purana/

I know there is a desire to post. We all do.
But also it should be to the point. Does this post has anything to do in this thread?:focus:

Jaishankarji there is no need to report, I will do it myself.

I know there is a desire to post. We all do.
But also it should be to the point. Does this post has anything to do in this thread?:focus:

Jaishankarji there is no need to report, I will do it myself.

I know that most of our members don't like to receive counters.... and they don't take counters sportively..

It is a public Forum.... and cannot expect everybody to behave like an obedient subservient member to say 'YES BOSS'

I think it is quite relevant when someone comes here to quote increasing crime rate and comparing this 'Iron Age' with that of 'Golden Age'.

It is about ages... used in Indian History ( by those who believe in Hinduism) viz

1) Sat Yuga (Golden Age)

2) Treta Yuga (Silver Age)

3) Dwapar Yuga.. (Bronze Age) and

4) Kali Yuga (Iron Age)

The ages makes the difference..

And it has got everything to do IMO....

I expected nothing less from you. You are a trained fighter, let loose among common folks. Your motto is to attack,
This thread is about India. We may agree to disagree about perceived facts. There is no room for predictions or some cooked up facts.

But sir you will force your views, I know that.

I expected nothing less from you. You are a trained fighter, let loose among common folks. Your motto is to attack,
This thread is about India. We may agree to disagree about perceived facts. There is no room for predictions or some cooked up facts.

But sir you will force your views, I know that.

Prasad Ji,

I also expected such a biased judgment from you which is totally untenable.

I know there are few in this Forum who are known to adopt ‘My way or High way’ attitude while arguing.

There are few who consider their POV is always right…. and others are wrong… some are adamant and dogmatic too.

It is a mixed bag. Now how can one deal with such members who don’t listen to others…??

I stand by my ground, with reason, facts and figures.

Culture and language were the binding forces before this concept of Nation State, thats why you would find pANini who resided in ancient GandhAra (present day Afghanistan) writing treatise on Sanskrit Grammar, kAlidasa residing at Ujjain composed poems in Sanskrit comforming to PANinian grammar and Yajnvalkya gave us Brihad-Arankya upaniSad again in Sanskrit being located at Mithila.

Culture and language was the glue that held together people of same tribe or ethnicity or race before this concept of nation state was born and it is this glue that induces Sri Prasad1 to spend some part of his daily routine at this site which is foreign to him if only citizenship of a country is reckoned.

That is a very compelling point that you have made.

However, I feel that the similarity of culture or shared culture, or shared language had nothing to do with nation or state. All arab speaking territories do not belong to one nation. All english speaking territories do not form part of one nation either. All christian territories are not one nation either.

We have so many different languages that tightly bind the individual to his group.

Even within the same language group, there were factions that couldn't see themselves as a unified unit. We had the Cheras, the Chozhas, the Pandiyas, the Pallavas who shared the same culture, but were different kingdoms. They may not be able to identify as one nation.

While we, in this forum, use an english language, it is not the language that binds us together. Is it? I may read an english novel and appreciate it, but I do not identify myself with an englishman!

I believe, there is an intrinsic tribal / feudal ownership of territory that has been handed down by history. A history that is a tiger's tail.

Aside : In sankalpams, do we not say "Baratha kande"? It could either mean that some major area was the land of Barath. Either that or we guys migrated from the land of Barath since but did not want to change the sankalpam.

However, I feel that the similarity of culture or shared culture, or shared language had nothing to do with nation or state. All arab speaking territories do not belong to one nation. All english speaking territories do not form part of one nation either. All christian territories are not one nation either.

We have so many different languages that tightly bind the individual to his group.

Even within the same language group, there were factions that couldn't see themselves as a unified unit. We had the Cheras, the Chozhas, the Pandiyas, the Pallavas who shared the same culture, but were different kingdoms. They may not be able to identify as one nation.

While we, in this forum, use an english language, it is not the language that binds us together. Is it? I may read an english novel and appreciate it, but I do not identify myself with an englishman!

I believe, there is an intrinsic tribal / feudal ownership of territory that has been handed down by history. A history that is a tiger's tail.

Aside : In sankalpams, do we not say "Baratha kande"? It could either mean that some major area was the land of Barath. Either that or we guys migrated from the land of Barath since but did not want to change the sankalpam.

Sir,

Do read this it may throw some light

http://www.hitxp.com/articles/histo...hy-jambudvipa-bharathavarsha-bharatha-khanda/

........ Aside : In sankalpams, do we not say "Baratha kande"? It could either mean that some major area was the land of Barath. Either that or we guys migrated from the land of Barath since but did not want to change the sankalpam.
There is an expert in our dear forum, who can 'create' sankalpam for any place

- be it the U S of A or Australia or any other country! :thumb:

There is an expert in our dear forum, who can 'create' sankalpam for any place

- be it the U S of A or Australia or any other country! :thumb:

And we do have a Veteran here who prefer to spend time commenting on other's capability!! :thumb:

Well written post.
All bindings are arbitrary. The concept of attacking all glory to a religion, a geographical location, or culture is global. At the same time we avoid accepting blame for the atrocities committed by the follows of the same region.

I remember reading Russian books on physics and chemistry, all the scientists were Russian. No Newton, no Charles law instead it was konosky's law or Petrovanko's theorem.

There is no doubt that Indians excelled in arts, culture, science and mathematics..But it is a surprise to know that Kungfu was founded by a Prince of Kanchipuram!!

http://postcard.news/is-ancient-ind...chinese-professor-from-university-of-toronto/

Dear Mr. vgane,

My upvote to you.

I am sharing this article with our children. it can create feelings of self esteem towards our common heritage.

Frankly, I am puzzled at the shenanigans of some in the thread. Those who have a pessimistic outlook of life will come forth with cynical critiques without basis.

Most of us have Indian heritage regardless of the place we live. Boundaries of countries drawn by invaders and outsiders does not change our roots, culture and common values.

Dear Mr. vgane,

My upvote to you.

I am sharing this article with our children. it can create feelings of self esteem towards our common heritage.

Frankly, I am puzzled at the shenanigans of some in the thread. Those who have a pessimistic outlook of life will come forth with cynical critiques without basis.

Most of us have Indian heritage regardless of the place we live. Boundaries of countries drawn by invaders and outsiders does not change our roots, culture and common values.

Thank you for your compliments!!
It is exactly for the reason quoted by you that I had posted the article...I find a tendency amongst us to belittle our own achievements..This is to set the record straight!!

I think many of our members have F B account.

Here is an amazing video about Chidambaram Natarajar Temple, showing the great intellect of our ancestors.
award_star.png

facebook.com/natarajartemple

Dear Sir..You said what is not found in India is not found elsewhere.

Not true.

Zebras and Girafes are not found in India.

I am in India and now that you have dragged me in, I have to read the posts in this thread. I also note that suddenly this thread is on steroids !!!

Renuka Ji,

Members of the order Perissodactyla, otherwise known as odd-toed ungulates, are mammals characterized by an odd number of toes and by hindgut fermentation with somewhat simple stomachs.they digest plant cellulose in their intestines rather than in one or more stomach chambers. The order includes three extant families: Equidae (horses, asses, and zebras), Rhinocerotidae (rhinoceroses), and Tapiridae (tapirs), with a total of about 17 species. Despite their very different appearances, they were recognized as related families in the 19th century by the zoologist Richard Owen,

These ancestors of Zebras and Giraffe where very much of Indian orgin,In fact 200 Fossils found in Maharashtra they are not able to identify the species
Click on the link. Also kindly note it really debunks the Max Muller theory of Aryan invasion and time of vedic age for which he heavily relied on a fact that horses used in Ashwameda Yagna and since horses originated in Greece accordingly he place the time as more recent

https://hub.jhu.edu/2014/11/20/india-fossils-perissodactyla/

Sir,

I have been in this Forum right from 2012 on wards.

The member with whom you are currently dealing with had never admitted and will argue only 'My way or High way'..

For them the opponents are always on the wrong side.

And searching facts, figures and presenting them in defence will only annoy them and will lose their control.

I have been experiencing this ....now that you have given a link.....

The strategy will be now to drift the thread and divert the topic..

let us see the reaction.

There is NO need to butt in and 'declare' how a particular member will react!

This is not in good taste! :nono:

P.S: I am NOT bothered if a
icon13.png
is given!! Because, except ONE, all others are from the SAME member. :cool:

There is NO need to butt in and 'declare' how a particular member will react!

This is not in good taste! :nono:

P.S: I am NOT bothered if a
icon13.png
is given!! Because, except ONE, all others are from the SAME member. :cool:

There is CERTAINLY NO NEED TO butt in and pronounce judgement

This may amounts to bullying others which is NOT in good taste:nono:

As for
icon13.png
keep on counting seriously and your specifically mentioning this, shows that you are really bothered.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back