• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is Ancient India over rated? A mind blowing analysis by Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Renuka Madam,
A brief on " Puniya Bhoomi" Why India was called "Puniya Bhoomi"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzxGhZDsqPs&t=14s

I am travelling through India at the present time. I had a wrong impression that after Modi (that too on the indoctrination from my BJP Family members) India would be very different. Alas I was disappointed from the Airport itself. The corruption is rampant, Cash still flows. The unwanted porter was not happy with Rs 50.00 to go away. He wanted some Dollars. No body was collecting GST at the Sari shops. When I inquired I was informed that it was too much paperwork.

All the talk of corruption free India is a pipe dream. I am totally aghast.

Mrs Renuka Madam,
A brief on " Puniya Bhoomi" Why India was called "Puniya Bhoomi"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzxGhZDsqPs&t=14s

Dear Sir..You said what is not found in India is not found elsewhere.

Not true.
There are no polar bears in India.
Horses were not native to India.
Zebras and Girafes are not found in India.

Chilies and potatoes were not native to India.

I still prefer to look at Loka and Samastha as Punyaloka..Bhur..Bhuva Svah..Naraka..Patala too included.

Brahman is all encompassing...Brahman is not partial...there is no special Punyabhoomi.

If going by stability of weather..I can safely say my country Malaysia is practically immune from natural disasters..land is so fertile..green all year round..water supply good..peaceful and harmonious..so can it be called Poonyabhoomi too?

Thailand calls itself Svarnabhoomi.

So each country will call itself many names but Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam doesnt allow me to divide the world into Punyabhoomi or Papabhoomi.

Its Vasudha Eva Kutumbakam if you break it down...its not Bharatam Eva Kutumbakam.

Last edited:
If going by stability of weather..I can safely say my country Malaysia is practically immune from natural disasters..

So, there are people killed by Natural calamities... as per the World Disasters Report....

Report speaks only about last ten years....

A five-fold rise in disaster victims

GOMBAK: More than half a million Malaysians were affected by disasters in the past 10 years, according to the World Disasters Report 2014.

This represented a five-fold increase from 103,168 people between 1994 and 2003 to 532,851 people between 2004 and 2013.

However, the report, Focus on Culture and Risk, noted that the number of people killed in the country due to disasters decreased from 660 to 310. It revealed that floods, which accounted for 44% of deaths, were the most frequent natural disasters in the world last year. Storms, which caused 41% of deaths, were the second.

The two deadliest natural disasters last year were Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines in November and killed 7,986 people, and a flood caused by monsoon rain that claimed 6,054 lives in India.

International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Asia-Pacific zone director Jagan Chapagain said Malaysia was lucky that it was not situated in a disaster-prone area, as almost 90% of natural disasters happened in the region.

“Malaysia can play a big role in supporting other South-East Asian countries as it assumes the chairmanship of Asean in 2015,” he told a press conference at the International Islamic University Malaysia here after releasing the report.

“I hope that it can show huge leadership to neighbouring countries as it also holds a seat in the United Nations Security Council in handling and coordinating humanitarian aid during natural disasters.”

He said international aid agencies should consult local communities hit by natural disasters before introducing any development or humanitarian aid programme.

“We always get feedback from the community first as we want to be accountable and we want to change the hand-out mentality to the empowerment mindset,” Chapagain added.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...2000-malaysians-affected/#1xX25hSBBKvj9IIe.99

It is nature... no discrimination....

[h=1]Natural Disasters In Malaysia 2013[/h]July 2013

This list contains all major natural disasters in Malaysia in 2013 with detail report
· July 11: Earthquake shakes Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Tremor was well felt across Malaysia including Kuala Lumpur.
· July 4: Landslide in Ukay Perdana, Malaysia

Landslide in Ukay Perdana, Malaysia has claimed lives of three workers and injured one other.

June 2013

· June 23: State of emergency in Malaysia

State of emergency has been declared in Malaysia after the air pollutant index (API) reached 16-years-high.
· June 14: Malaysia storm kills 2, more than 100 houses destroyed

At least two people died and five other were injured in storm in Penang, Malaysia.
· June10: Flash flood hits Alor Star, Malaysia

Flash flood has hit Alor Star, the Kedah province of Malaysia with worst in Taman Uda, Taman Ambar and Taman Muhibbah area.

May 2013

· May 7: Landslide damages cars in Malaysia

At least nine cars damaged in a landslide near the Bukit Nanas monorail station in Jalan Sultan Ismail, Malaysia.
· May 3: Flash floods in Klang Valley, Malaysia

Heavy storm has caused flash floods in Klang Valley of Malaysia.

April 2013

· April 7: Flash floods and landslide in Penang, Malaysia

Heavy rainfall caused flooding and landslide in Penang, Malaysia.

March 2013

· March 27: Landslide in Puchong, Malaysia

Landslide in Puchong, Malaysia has displaced about 300 people.
· March 13: Thunderstorm in Kulim, Malaysia

Thunderstorm in Kulim, Malaysia has damaged around 30 houses.

February 2013

· February 26: Flooding in Kelantan, Malaysia

Flash floods have affected people in Kuala Krai, Pasir Puteh, Tanah Merah in Kelantan and Setiu in Terengganu.

January 2013

· January 25: Landslide in Bukit Gasing, Malaysia

Heavy rainfall caused landslide hazard in Bukit Gasing region of Malaysia.
· January 8: 'Terengganu Tsunami' hoax spreads as storm 'Sonamu' nears

There is rumor that 20-foot high tidal waves will hit the state's capital but government officials have said that no mini-tsunami will occur.
· January 8: Tropical storm Sonamu in Malaysia, Tsunami rumor spreads

Kelantan, Terengganu and Pahang are placed on high alert for a tropical storm Sonamu which is expected to make landfall today.
· January 4: Mudslide in Subang Jaya, Malaysia

Seven vehicles were buried under a mudslide at Persiaran Putra Bahagia, Subang Jaya, Malaysia.
· January 1: Flooding in Terengganu and Kelantan, Malaysia

Still 1,524 people are living in evacuation centres in Terengganu, Kelantan and Pahang region of Malaysia.

Source: http://www.disaster-report.com/2013/02/natural-disasters-in-malaysia-2013.html

Floods in Malaysia

<Meaningless post>

Do not post such irrelevant things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heritageji,
With you name as such you have a bias and it shows.
One can argue with Points based on facts, but there is no point in discussing with emotions.
I have given ample proof of why there was no country named India before the British.
It is upto you to prove otherwise.

Pakistan, and Bangladesh could claim everything that India is claiming.

The Mauryan empire was not even A Hindus kingdom.

Indian Subcontinent was Known, but that does not mean It is the country of India.
Just as Americas was Known But USA was created much later.

<deleted>
Are you child
that has to be admonished everyday?

Dear Sir.
So each country will call itself many names but Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam doesnt allow me to divide the world into Punyabhoomi or Papabhoomi.

Its Vasudha Eva Kutumbakam if you break it down...its not Bharatam Eva Kutumbakam.

Perhaps such great phrases signifying 'The world is only family' is aptly engraved in one of the entrances of Indian Parliament.

History

Thephrase appears in Maha Upanishad. It is in Chapter 6 of thetext. This verse of Maha Upanishad is engraved in theentrance hall of the parliament of India.

[SUP]Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasudhaiva_Kutumbakam[/SUP]

Floods in Malaysia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Floods in Malaysia are regular natural disasters in Malaysia which happen nearly every year during the monsoon season

KualaLumpurGombakKlang.jpg

Gombak river merges with the Klang river. Heavy development has narrowed certain stretches of the river: this contributes to flash floods in Kuala Lumpur, especially after heavy rain

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floods_in_Malaysia

Hello..
Its nothing much..compared to other countries.

East coast tends to get monsoons but seldom thousands die.

Perhaps such great phrases signifying 'The world is only family' is aptly engraved in one of the entrances of Indian Parliament.

History

Thephrase appears in Maha Upanishad. It is in Chapter 6 of thetext. This verse of Maha Upanishad is engraved in theentrance hall of the parliament of India.

[SUP]Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasudhaiva_Kutumbakam[/SUP]

But sadly you have a very narrow view and getting all worked up that ONLY India is Punyabhoomi.

I am having a broader outlook that entire creation is Punyaloka cos Brahman is all encompassing.

I am not praising only my country..I feel entire creation is sacred cos Brahman in impartial.

Your emotional response proves a Laghucetasam..
Surely not an Udharacaritam.

But sadly you have a very narrow view and getting all worked up that ONLY India is Punyabhoomi.

I am having a broader outlook that entire creation is Punyaloka cos Brahman is all encompassing.

I am not praising only my country..I feel entire creation is sacred cos Brahman in impartial.

Your emotional response proves a Laghucetasam..
Surely not an Udharacaritam.

It is your point of view... need not be a judgement.....LOL

So what?
Law is efficient...so people get caught for crime.
Rapists get it maximum...no one blames rape victim.

Why there is crime....?

Why there are rapes..?

But I don't have narrow mind the define that such countries are land of sinners.

Now Jai Shankar Ji will go on searching for data about prisons..natural disasters in Msia just to prove his pointless points.

I was just saying we do not have major disasters..so can we be called Poonyabhoomi?

I am not planning to play the same game by searching for natural disasters in India or other countries cos it isnt nice to dig up issues about death just to prove a point.

All I searched online is..Man with Multiple Username out on the loose!LOL

I am travelling through India at the present time. I had a wrong impression that after Modi (that too on the indoctrination from my BJP Family members) India would be very different. Alas I was disappointed from the Airport itself. The corruption is rampant, Cash still flows. The unwanted porter was not happy with Rs 50.00 to go away. He wanted some Dollars. No body was collecting GST at the Sari shops. When I inquired I was informed that it was too much paperwork.

All the talk of corruption free India is a pipe dream. I am totally aghast.

This one is also POV.

Everyone one is entitled to their POV.

Now Jai Shankar Ji will goon searching for data about prisons..natural disasters in Msia just to provehis pointless points.

Now Doctor Madam, what is pointless point... LOL

You have reported that Malyasia is immune to natural disasters…

Now you diplomatically add word ‘Major’…lol

You talked about cheating…

Hence the prison and prisoners……who knows how many of them in the prison are booked for cheating, breach of trust, etc etc

Hello

It is you who compared with your Malaysia.....

Oye..read what i wrote..I said Thailand calls itself Svarnabhoomi and I said we in Msia have stable climate and rarely major disasters..peaceful etc..Is that wrong?

Get a hold of your emotions..you cant stop anyone from explaining a point.

In Heritages Video he was talking about stable climate..abundance of resources..rivers..sea..lack of natural.disasters in India hence it is Poonyabhoomi..
So in response I said even in Msia we have same situation.
So can it be called Poonyabhoomi?

If you dont even understand this..then its your Papa Dhristi.

Why there is crime....?

Why there are rapes..?

But I don't have narrow mind the define that such countries are land of sinners.

Everyland is sacred...if Vamanas feet covered entire creation..where can a land of sinners exist?

May be Vamana should step on your head next onam to.give you a Sanmati.

Everyland is sacred...if Vamanas feet covered entire creation..where can a land of sinners exist?

May be Vamana should step on your head next onam to.give you a Sanmati.

Such avalanche of meaningless words are expected especially when there is a counter......LOL

Go after the myths.... LOL

Vamana, Sanmati....Dhristi.....LOL

Any thing more... go ahead...

I don't accept..... and return them safely to you back as IMO you richly deserve them...

Prasad Sir ,
[FONT=q_serif, Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif]Mahajanapadas (महाजनपद) literally means "Great kingdoms" (from Sanskrit Maha = great, Janapada = foothold of tribe = country). Ancient Buddhist texts like Anguttara Nikaya (I. p 213; IV. pp 252, 256, 261) make frequent reference to sixteen great kingdoms and republics (Solas Mahajanapadas) which had evolved and flourished in the northern/north-western parts of the Indian sub-continent prior to the rise of Buddhism in India. Fights between provinces happens that doesnt mean its not a Kingdom,For Example Scotland ,Wales,Ireland where always fighting but they are considered part of one Kingdom.[/FONT]You ask for proof what exactly is the proof you desire which will be acceptable to you?

Such avalanche of meaningless words are expected especially when there is a counter......LOL

Go after the myths.... LOL

Vamana, Sanmati....Dhristi.....LOL

Any thing more... go ahead...

I don't accept..... and return them safely to you back as IMO you richly deserve them...

For all the pride you have about greatness of India alone you yet call Vamana a myth.

This shows you have no stand in any debate..to just win you will even call your own culture a myth.

Masha Allah!

For all the pride you have about greatness of India alone you yet call Vamana a myth.

This shows you have no stand in any debate..to just win you will even call your own culture a myth.

Masha Allah!

Not surprised….. I know I will have to face such mannangatti comments, when I don’t join the obedient ‘Jalra Club’…..

And I can only define such discussions as a mannangatti debate

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back