• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Invisible invasion - Food for thought..

• Thread starter jayashree Shankar
  • Start date
J

jayashree Shankar

Present corporate call centre culture - Youngesters earning loads of money of course with heavy stress and strain . with due regards to the matured and sincere and committed youngesters let me pen down some points:
1. Huge money for the youngsters and of course to some class of people creating an economic imbalance.
2. American culture even in the dress code.throwing shockwaves.
3. detoriating moral values facing threat.
4.self centrered - weekend activities - pub, discothe..less interest in family gatherings...
5.bioclock disturbances- no sleep at night-and make up sleep during day-
are we not doing errands for the west.... aping the west?
i am not against the idea of this outsourcing business of the west.. but instead of giving projects for a few and making a section of pupil rich creatng economic classes why not th govt intervene and create more opportunities.
are we aware that slowly american invasion is creeping in .let us arise and awake before it is toooooo late.

madam,
with due regard i only want to say that if govt intervenes these BPOs will vanish.now at least you find all class community regional people in the employee list.govt will try to impose quotas, son of soil etc,
regarding control it is best left to individuals or the parents.
even china is openly canvassing for uncle sam 's capital.
by banning certain activity we may rouse the curiosity in the youngsters!!
i may be wrong!!
regards
eswaran

jayashree Shankar said:
Present corporate call centre culture - Youngesters earning loads of money of course with heavy stress and strain . with due regards to the matured and sincere and committed youngesters let me pen down some points:
1. Huge money for the youngsters and of course to some class of people creating an economic imbalance.
2. American culture even in the dress code.throwing shockwaves.
3. detoriating moral values facing threat.
4.self centrered - weekend activities - pub, discothe..less interest in family gatherings...
5.bioclock disturbances- no sleep at night-and make up sleep during day-
are we not doing errands for the west.... aping the west?
i am not against the idea of this outsourcing business of the west.. but instead of giving projects for a few and making a section of pupil rich creatng economic classes why not th govt intervene and create more opportunities.
are we aware that slowly american invasion is creeping in .let us arise and awake before it is toooooo late.
Dear Jayashree:
As an Indian-American, I must protest!!

Not really!... I am just kidding! Seriously, though, I have to agree with your #2; but dress code is innocuous; it doesn't really affect other people. On the other hand, I wish they would also copy other American values such as punctuality, friendliness, being honest and up front (keeping up the promises made or just flat out say they couldn't do it).
I dont know if this is good or bad; but the American influence is permeating the whole world.
As for your suggestion that the government should intervene! - this is where I have some problems. Many in India have this idea that the government should do everything for you; yet, the very same people would go to any length to avoid paying taxes to the govt!! Besides, don't you know what would happen if govt., steps in? Just compare the industries in private sector with the public sector.

You are doding errands for the West? Fine, if you dont want to do it, then a host of countries are waiting to take it away from India. Already we see intense competition from East European countries, Philippines, China....
Be thankful that India is getting all these outsourcing jobs; I agree this makes only a small section of the society wealthy but at least the money is flowing in and hopefully it will trickle down to other segments. As for bioclock disturbances, I guess it goes with the territory.
You never mentioned how the govt., can intervene and create opportunities! As soon as govt., jumps into this BPO, (as Eswaran has nicely pointed out) BPOs will vanish; the West will take away all those projects and go somewhere else! You know what will happen if the govt., steps in. They will impose 90% reservation by bringing in incompetent people, the sycophants will creep in, nepotism will be rampant. Quality will become non-eixstent.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back