• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

An invasion of falsehoods

This is really bad ..the protests are getting worse.
I am surprised its not stopping at all.
Dont these protesters have jobs?
And how can everyone function with so much negativity around.
Its almost impossible to control the country.

It is a new way to derail democracy. Can't win elections. So they are doing everything to disrupt normal functioning of the country. Notwithstanding the lies you are hearing from the other side, the CAA, the NPR (the national population register), the NCR - all these are not something cooked up by this govt. All these were in works for long time - actually mooted by the previous UPA govt only. Even the detention centers (in Assam) were built based on high courts' orders. And they were for keeping illegal immigrants and deporting them only. So the outrage on human rights that you see now is completely bogus. There are no principles here - some political parties are in last legs - so doing everything including burning country to stay relevant...

This is really bad ..the protests are getting worse.
I am surprised its not stopping at all.
Dont these protesters have jobs?
And how can everyone function with so much negativity around.
Its almost impossible to control the country.

Renukaji,

Do you remember my prophetic prediction (even before viral acharya said) after the disastrous demo, that Indian economy will collapse , and that people will be rioting on streets, due to the contagion, Avalanche effect by this most idiotic policy ?

Most of the people,are jobless, and they were waiting for some issue to come up to protest against this govt and vent out their anger.

And this govt made it worse by clamping down any and all dissent over the last 5.5 yrs, leading to enormous buildup of anger with no safe let out.

So when CAA and proposed NRC came up, all, these people erupted in anger and protesting non stop for days. This is what happened in hongkong, Iran and in every dictatorship authoritarian country !

How this massive standoff ends is the biggest concern for all.

JK.

Renukaji,

Do you remember my prophetic prediction (even before viral acharya said) after the disastrous demo, that Indian economy will collapse , and that people will be rioting on streets, due to the contagion, Avalanche effect by this most idiotic policy ?

Most of the people,are jobless, and they were waiting for some issue to come up to protest against this govt and vent out their anger.

And this govt made it worse by clamping down any and all dissent over the last 5.5 yrs, leading to enormous buildup of anger with no safe let out.

So when CAA and proposed NRC came up, all, these people erupted in anger and protesting non stop for days. This is what happened in hongkong, Iran and in every dictatorship authoritarian country !

How this massive standoff ends is the biggest concern for all.

JK.

Dear Jaykay ji,

The situation is different in Iran and Hong Kong..there the people are protesting for valid reasons...but in India it just seems senseless and uncalled for.

There seems to be a total failure of communication partly cos of the "Hindutva" chest thumping approach.

Many Hinduwebsites on FB do carry very very harsh anti Muslim sentiment..even when they speak about the glory of ancient India they go all out blaming invaders for it.

On Christmas day one Sanskrit page had a pic of Bhisma on a bed of arrows and Jesus on the cross and it stated that it only took 3 nails to kill Jesus but Bhisma was on a bed of arrows yet he didnt die and chose when to die..so say with pride that Sanathana Dharma is the stronger religion!

Can you imagine?

This is how pages are on Sanskrit websites that I got sick and tired and left it.

All these sort of reaction induces fear in others too.

I am not supporting minorities but I feel mutual respect is important.

In my country if anyone wrote anti any religion they would be nabbed by the police.
Even the infamous Zakir Naik is not allowed to make speeches anymore in Msia cos the country doesnt want anyone destabilizing the citizens even though there might be individual differences and opinions.

And the political parties in India seem to be only self centered and not thinking of the welfare of the nation.

Its really hard to believe that Ancient India was great once..may be when it was individual kingdoms it was never really one big nation so it was well controlled.

Sometimes may be monarchy might do a better job.

Dear Jaykay ji,

The situation is different in Iran and Hong Kong..there the people are protesting for valid reasons...but in India it just seems senseless and uncalled for.

There seems to be a total failure of communication partly cos of the "Hindutva" chest thumping approach.

Many Hinduwebsites on FB do carry very very harsh anti Muslim sentiment..even when they speak about the glory of ancient India they go all out blaming invaders for it.

On Christmas day one Sanskrit page had a pic of Bhisma on a bed of arrows and Jesus on the cross and it stated that it only took 3 nails to kill Jesus but Bhisma was on a bed of arrows yet he didnt die and chose when to die..so say with pride that Sanathana Dharma is the stronger religion!

Can you imagine?

This is how pages are on Sanskrit websites that I got sick and tired and left it.

All these sort of reaction induces fear in others too.

I am not supporting minorities but I feel mutual respect is important.

In my country if anyone wrote anti any religion they would be nabbed by the police.
Even the infamous Zakir Naik is not allowed to make speeches anymore in Msia cos the country doesnt want anyone destabilizing the citizens even though there might be individual differences and opinions.

And the political parties in India seem to be only self centered and not thinking of the welfare of the nation.

Its really hard to believe that Ancient India was great once..may be when it was individual kingdoms it was never really one big nation so it was well controlled.

Sometimes may be monarchy might do a better job.

Hi Renukaji,

Agree with most. The one point I want to clarify is the protests are valid except the unfortunate violence.

This govt has openly, tacitly, indulged in minority hatred on all forums including social media through its army of paid agents & volunteers, encouraged violence by its various outfits, vindictive politics against opposition, clamping down on al liberal secular foundations, etc..

And despite so many people (remember the celebs letter) telling this govt to stop, it is going on with its hate agenda.

So what is the option left for them ? Only street protests.

Hence this is a culmination of a series of blunders and self goals by this govt. they came on Sabha Sath, Sabka Vikas, if they had only stuck to it, and delivered on it...

JK

Latest ads

Back