• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduction to Vedic Astrology

9. Stree dheergha Porutham

Stree Dheergha Porutham mainly looked to analyze the following points

. Longer lifetime with no health issues.
. Good and understanding husband and enjoying it till the old age.
. Longer lifetime for the husband, also with excellent health.
. Excellent and affluent lifestyle through out their lifetime.
. Longevity comparison of the girl and boy.

The Stree Dheergha Porutham mainly deals with the quality of the married life of the Girl. Counting from the birth star of the girl, we have to reach the star of boy, if that count exceeds 15 we normally believe that the Stree Dheergham as per the horoscopes in question is achieved.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
10. Rasya dhipati Porutham

This Porutham refers to the birth stars of both the girl and the boy with their lords who should be in friendship with each other for a compatible marriage. If the lords of the birth stars of the boy are not in friendship with the lords of the birth stars of the girl the marriage will not last long but if they are in friendship then the marriage will be a happy and a long-lasting one. Therefore, Santanam is ensured through this porutham. 'Santanam' also means progeny which is denoted by Rasi Koota.
The Rasi of the girl and the boy are taken into view and it is made sure that the lords of both their birth stars are either friendly or neutral. This also has effect on the forthcoming children. The friendliness of the lords is tabulated and then studied as below:

Planet Sun has as friends the Moon, Mars Jupiter, as neutralMercury and as enemy Saturn and Venus. Planet Moon is friends with the Sun andMercury, neutral with Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Venus and no enemies. Mars isfriends with Sun, Moon and Jupiter, neutral with Saturn and Venus and enemywith Mercury. Mercury is friends with Sun and Venus, neutral with Jupiter,Mars, and Saturn. It is enemy with Moon. Jupiter is friends with Sun, Moon andMars; it is neutral with Saturn but enemy with Venus and Mercury. Venus isfriends with Mercury and Saturn; it is neutral with Mars and Jupiter and enemywith the Sun and the Moon. Saturn is friends with Venus and Mercury, neutralwith Jupiter and enemy with Sun, Moon and Mars.

The north style of matching 36 Gun are done as follows. In fact there 8 aspects which are looked intoand different points are given as per matching level achieved and the totalpoints comes to 36 as below.

Nadi : 8 points - Based on nakshatra The 27 nakshatras arel divided into 3 groups - antya madhya and adhya. Best match is person outside your nakshatra group..e.g. antya with madhya or adhya. It indicates physical compatibility and ability to have children. Couples with same nadi often face problems conceiving. Points given are 8 or 0.

Bhakoot: 7 points- it is emotional compatibility based on your ascendent or lagna (sign on eastern horizon at time of birth). Certain planet combinations are more favorable. Indicates sensitivity of both partners to each other's emotional needs. Points given are 7 or 0.

Gan :6 points: - every person is classified into 3 ganas - devta, rakshas and manav (godly, demoniac,human). It represents a person's basic nature..like devtas are introverted, simple living etc while rakshas may be more aggressive etc. Best match is same gana as you. Second best match is with dev manav or rakshas manav worst is opposite. Points given are 6,5 or 0

Maitri :5 points - Based on planetary compatibility of moon sign or rashi. Indicates ability of couple to develop friendship with each other based on mutual interests, likes and dislikes. Points given are 5 or 0.

Yoni :4 points - Based on nakshatra again. Indicates physical compatibility in terms of attractiveness and ability to satisfy each other. Also over all health and well being.

Varna :1 point - indicates occupational nature and compatibility. E.g some people like to do research and study, others like to work with their hands etc

Total Points 36. Anything above 20 is considered compatible. 28+ indicates smooth and happy marriage.

It is interesting to note that greater weightage was given by our ancients on factors like progeny, emotional compatibility, basic nature and friendship then romantic love. It is also important to note that the points indicate favourable circumstances for success of marriage. Actual marriage can succeed only when both individuals put in the right effort and do their marital duties well.

These techniques were drawn at such a time when the couple never used to meet before marriage and marriages mainly solemnized as decided by elders only and the interests of “couple to be” where never asked or considered. Time now has changed and marriage is not meant for Vamsa Vridhi only. It also has a social status and responsibility. The individuality of the persons involved in a marriage has gained more importance. The lady never remains as a house wife any more. She has many social obligations now days and also there are several responsibilities other than the household chores on her shoulder. As such my personal opinion is that these factors should also be given importance while making an alliance now days, for a successful marriage. With technological advancement, and coming of internet and mobile services which connect with the whole world, it is now possible for the prospective couples to find out the areas of compatibility for themselves.

And lastly, the query was related to delayed marriage, whether one should stick to these conditions even on delayed marriage. Astrological texts do not differentiate the marriage matchmaking on age group basis. So one has to take a wise decision depending on the circumstances he or she is in. The suggestion inviting intervention of elders like Acharyas and Seers on the subject is definitely a welcome one and I also support it.

Hi TKS

Gopalan Sir has already given you his opinion and as such please take requisite action accordingly. However let me give youe the general view on match making as per astrological practice as committed in post no. 157 for benefit of your self and other members

Sri Ganesh65, Sri Gopalan,

Thank you for sharing your views. I did not have a specific actionable request and it was a question of generic concern. I was not asking to apply to anyone I know. It is not a purely astrology related question but somewhat connected.

If I were to rephrase the question , it is about applicability of rules based on a static view of planets at the time of birth while many free willed actions may have already taken place as a person grows up. If the world view of astrology is entirely deterministic then my question does not apply. But if the belief includes actions done by free willed based decisions, then the impact of those decisions can never be taken into account in a reading of horoscope that seems to be purely based on fixed charts and known evolution of the movement of those planets.

Let me share a known example where the astrology consultation proved to be more of an issue than good.

Some years ago (about 8 or so) one of our friends (TB family) were looking for a groom for their daughter. We know this girl since her teen years and she is highly accomplished in every dimension. Further, she has a pleasing personality and well versed in all our TB customs for a girl born in USA. She quickly became a very successful executive in a major media company once she started her career and had no time. Parents were searching for TB boy who would be very tall since this girl is very tall (over 5'10"). They wanted alliance with someone who would follow our customs etc.

We happened to also know a boy who is related to us and very accomplished. He is extremely well mannered, 6'1", and highly successful. After graduating from one of the world's top business schools he had a great career in store for him. So we made the introductions.

They liked each other's photos, parents liked each other's family after our introduction. Then they exchanged their respective horoscopes.

The girl's grandfather in Chennai, who has background in Vedic astrology blocked the wedding based on his understanding of the match (at a horoscope level).

Nothing suitable came for the boy and when he turned 33 or so he ended up marrying a very rich girl (parents are Gujarati business people who have amassed tremendous wealth). His 'sweet' wife is very demanding and does not like to do any work (not employed and does not like to do any house work including taking care of their children) . This fellow makes about a million dollars a year and has a mansion with maids to cook and another to watch his young children. Such a lifestyle in western world is rare for a TB fellow. His wife though highly educated does not do much and he has aged considerably with his stressful job. If he cannot live up to the levels his wife expects, she threatens to move back to her parent's place (in India) where they have lots of servants. She actually executed on this threat for a year or so. He is struggling and his parents in India are not very happy.

The girl to date has not found anyone. She has been busy climbing the corporate ladder and their parents are going to every temple going around the Navagrahas hoping to find at TB boy who is a vegetarian, follows our customs, educated and tall. She is now 34 and remains unmarried.

I told the parents of the girl to stop looking at astrology anymore. I know you both will not agree. It makes no sense.

Also as people grow up, their future cannot be determined simply by static charts at the time of birth. because actions taken by free willed actions which include all kinds of pariharams by parents of the girl etc has to be included even within the belief system. If future prediction is based on taking into account free willed actions that has already transpired then the rules require an astrologer's own worldview to be factored into the equation making this entirely subjective.

Even if one believes in Vedic Asstrology, being that the adjective Vedic brings automatic respect, the astrologers are limited beings and can make mistakes given the number of rules and number of free willed actions that have already taken place.

I just explained not to put down any beliefs but just sharing contradictions with the area as I understand it.

Without derailing your primary purpose of the thread if you have any reaction to my statement kindly share it

Regards

These techniques were drawn at such a time when the couple never used to meet before marriage and marriages mainly solemnized as decided by elders only and the interests of “couple to be” where never asked or considered. Time now has changed and marriage is not meant for Vamsa Vridhi only. It also has a social status and responsibility. The individuality of the persons involved in a marriage has gained more importance. The lady never remains as a house wife any more. She has many social obligations now days and also there are several responsibilities other than the household chores on her shoulder. As such my personal opinion is that these factors should also be given importance while making an alliance now days, for a successful marriage. With technological advancement, and coming of internet and mobile services which connect with the whole world, it is now possible for the prospective couples to find out the areas of compatibility for themselves.

And lastly, the query was related to delayed marriage, whether one should stick to these conditions even on delayed marriage. Astrological texts do not differentiate the marriage matchmaking on age group basis. So one has to take a wise decision depending on the circumstances he or she is in. The suggestion inviting intervention of elders like Acharyas and Seers on the subject is definitely a welcome one and I also support it.

Sri Ganesh,

I did not read all the posts before I responded.

Thanks for sharing your views. I personally think in this day and age when girls and boys are beyond some age families need sanction from some religious leaders to stop looking at horoscopes for match determination.

ஒவ்வொரு ப்ராஹ்மணனுக்கும் குல தெய்வம் என்று ஒன்று உண்டு.. வருடா வருடம் இந்த குல தெய்வத்திற்கு அபிஷேக ஆராதனைகள் செய்ய பட வேண்டும்.இதை செய்யாமல் விட்டாலோ, அல்லது குல தெய்வத்திற்கு வேன்டுதல் நிறைவேற்றாமல் விட்டாலோ( இவர்களின் முன்னோர்களால்) இவர்களின் தகப்பணார் ஜாதகம் மூலம் பித்ரு தோஷம் உள்ளதா கால சர்ப்ப தோஷம் உள்ளதா என்பதை தாம்பூல ப்ரஸ்னம் மூலம் பார்த்து இவர்கலின் குல தெய்வம் எது இப்பொது எங்கு உள்ளது. பித்ரு தோஷம் எவ்வாறு ஏற்பட்டது அதற்குறிய பரிகாரம் என்ன என்று பார்த்துந்த பரிகாரங்களை முறைப்படி செய்த பிறகு மறுபடியும் தாம்பூல ப்ரஸ்நம் செய்து பார்த்து இதன் பிறகு தான் திருமணம் ஆக வேன்டிய ஆண்/ பெண் ஜாதகம் வெளியிட வேண்டும்.

தற்போதும் தாங்க இந்த ஆண்/பெண்ணின் தகப்பனார் பிறந்த தேதி, நேரம்,இடம். பிறந்த நட்சத்திரம் அனுப்ப்புங்கள்.பார்த்து சொல்கிறோம்.

ஒவ்வொரு ப்ராஹ்மணனுக்கும் குல தெய்வம் என்று ஒன்று உண்டு.. வருடா வருடம் இந்த குல தெய்வத்திற்கு அபிஷேக ஆராதனைகள் செய்ய பட வேண்டும்.இதை செய்யாமல் விட்டாலோ, அல்லது குல தெய்வத்திற்கு வேன்டுதல் நிறைவேற்றாமல் விட்டாலோ( இவர்களின் முன்னோர்களால்) இவர்களின் தகப்பணார் ஜாதகம் மூலம் பித்ரு தோஷம் உள்ளதா கால சர்ப்ப தோஷம் உள்ளதா என்பதை தாம்பூல ப்ரஸ்னம் மூலம் பார்த்து இவர்கலின் குல தெய்வம் எது இப்பொது எங்கு உள்ளது. பித்ரு தோஷம் எவ்வாறு ஏற்பட்டது அதற்குறிய பரிகாரம் என்ன என்று பார்த்துந்த பரிகாரங்களை முறைப்படி செய்த பிறகு மறுபடியும் தாம்பூல ப்ரஸ்நம் செய்து பார்த்து இதன் பிறகு தான் திருமணம் ஆக வேன்டிய ஆண்/ பெண் ஜாதகம் வெளியிட வேண்டும்.

தற்போதும் தாங்க இந்த ஆண்/பெண்ணின் தகப்பனார் பிறந்த தேதி, நேரம்,இடம். பிறந்த நட்சத்திரம் அனுப்ப்புங்கள்.பார்த்து சொல்கிறோம்.

Sri Gopalan,

Very gracious of you to offer to look into the specifics. I do not have access to the details like date of birth, place of birth of the people involved.

There was a discussion in this forum a while ago about Kala sarpa dosham that you mentioned here . I found out from online searches (do not know if that is correct) that people born over a 3 to 4 week period in many years would be subjected to such a Dosham - this will be considered to include probably 100 million people or more for such a scary sounding Dosham. Is that really realistic?

Coming to TB family with a child being born with this Dosham for example, what are they supposed to do while seeking alliance? Many people probably may fall under this Dosham if it afflicts very large number of people. I remember from past discussions that this Dosham was invented in 1950s or later. In other words this could not be considered a Vedic Astrology rules anymore if what I heard is true. Also such newly invented Dosham does major negative impact on lives of people who are believers - almost a self fulfilling prophecy in some cases.

I can be corrected if my understanding is incorrect.

Once again thanks so much for sharing your expertise.

Regards

Nothing suitable came for the boy and when he turned 33 or so he ended up marrying a very rich girl (parents are Gujarati business people who have amassed tremendous wealth). His 'sweet' wife is very demanding and does not like to do any work (not employed and does not like to do any house work including taking care of their children) . This fellow makes about a million dollars a year and has a mansion with maids to cook and another to watch his young children. Such a lifestyle in western world is rare for a TB fellow. His wife though highly educated does not do much and he has aged considerably with his stressful job. If he cannot live up to the levels his wife expects, she threatens to move back to her parent's place (in India) where they have lots of servants. She actually executed on this threat for a year or so. He is struggling and his parents in India are not very happy.

Aside:

I know of 2 couples where a tb married a gujju girl. In both cases, the girl is very strong willed, and aggressive than the boy.

I have heard from my elders that the rasi chart indicates the karma load while the navamsa indicates the future. So a combined reading has to be had for predictions.

Also the fructification of the predictions would depend on dasa, bhukthi, the strength of the relative lords in the charts, their inter-relationship, any special "paarvais", augmenting and diminishing forces of planets, time (muhurtham) of undertaking any new ventures / task / auspicious activity etc...

I do not know any intricacies, but this is based on my general understanding of what I have heard them analyse.

Sri Gopalan,

Very gracious of you to offer to look into the specifics. I do not have access to the details like date of birth, place of birth of the people involved.

There was a discussion in this forum a while ago about Kala sarpa dosham that you mentioned here . I found out from online searches (do not know if that is correct) that people born over a 3 to 4 week period in many years would be subjected to such a Dosham - this will be considered to include probably 100 million people or more for such a scary sounding Dosham. Is that really realistic?

Coming to TB family with a child being born with this Dosham for example, what are they supposed to do while seeking alliance? Many people probably may fall under this Dosham if it afflicts very large number of people. I remember from past discussions that this Dosham was invented in 1950s or later. In other words this could not be considered a Vedic Astrology rules anymore if what I heard is true. Also such newly invented Dosham does major negative impact on lives of people who are believers - almost a self fulfilling prophecy in some cases.

I can be corrected if my understanding is incorrect.

Once again thanks so much for sharing your expertise.

Regards

The term "Kalsarpa Dosham" is a lateral addition and does not form part of Vedic astrology. This probably have found by some research oriented astrologers who found certain specific formation of planetary placements giving specific common results. It says Kalsarpa Dosham is formed if all planets are placed in houses between the houses Rahu & Ketu are placed. That means if Rahu is placed in Lagna obviously Ketu will be placed in 7th house, rest of the 7 planets should occupy houses Lagna to 7 forms Kalasarpa Dosham. It is a tricky position and many 'Fakestrologers' use this opportunity to mint money by scaring people with dire consequences unless certain Pariharams are not done.
Let me give some world renowned persons who has this dosham in their charts.

1. Sachin Tendulkar
  2. Jwahar La Nehru
  3. Saurav Ganguly
  4. Dhiru Bhai Ambani
  5. Rajnikaanth
  6. Chiranjeevi
  7. Margaret Thatcher
  8. Nelson Mandela
Out of above Only the person at no. 8 has really suffered/struggled in his life and sl no. 2 to some extent due to Independence struggle. But there are also other astrological reasons in their cases to support their struggles at respective times. Rest of them have enjoyed/are enjoying an excellent life despite having Kalasarpa Dosham in their charts. So what I mean to say is nothing to be scared even if there is such a dosham is present in a chart and not to be fall victim of any fakestrologer.

The term "Kalsarpa Dosham" is a lateral addition and does not form part of Vedic astrology. This probably have found by some research oriented astrologers who found certain specific formation of planetary placements giving specific common results. It says Kalsarpa Dosham is formed if all planets are placed in houses between the houses Rahu & Ketu are placed. That means if Rahu is placed in Lagna obviously Ketu will be placed in 7th house, rest of the 7 planets should occupy houses Lagna to 7 forms Kalasarpa Dosham. It is a tricky position and many 'Fakestrologers' use this opportunity to mint money by scaring people with dire consequences unless certain Pariharams are not done.
Let me give some world renowned persons who has this dosham in their charts.

1. Sachin Tendulkar
  2. Jwahar La Nehru
  3. Saurav Ganguly
  4. Dhiru Bhai Ambani
  5. Rajnikaanth
  6. Chiranjeevi
  7. Margaret Thatcher
  8. Nelson Mandela
Out of above Only the person at no. 8 has really suffered/struggled in his life and sl no. 2 to some extent due to Independence struggle. But there are also other astrological reasons in their cases to support their struggles at respective times. Rest of them have enjoyed/are enjoying an excellent life despite having Kalasarpa Dosham in their charts. So what I mean to say is nothing to be scared even if there is such a dosham is present in a chart and not to be fall victim of any fakestrologer.

Sri Ganesh -

Interesting that so many famous people have this Dosham which I am not surprised since the Dosham afflicts people born over many days in a given year. Thanks for confirming that this is not part of the Vedic Astrology rules but this Dosham seem to have made its way into the vocabulary of even ethical Astrologers. Sri Gopalan mentioned about looking for it in a horoscope for example.

So is there such a Dosham or not? What should a believer do if their son or daughter has this specific placement of planets in their horoscope? How do they look for matches? If tomorrow a tragedy occurs people will draw conclusion that it is due to this Dosham and if it did not it will never be made public.

Thanks

No No TKS , Gopalan Sir is such a learned person, his references should not be mixed up here. He has given it here in context to tamboola prashnam which is entirely different subject and what I have mentioned is about placement of planets in a chart. Two scenarios are different. kindly note it.

No No TKS , Gopalan Sir is such a learned person, his references should not be mixed up here. He has given it here in context to tamboola prashnam which is entirely different subject and what I have mentioned is about placement of planets in a chart. Two scenarios are different. kindly note it.

Thank you for correcting me.

Latest ads

Back