• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduce yourself here

Great work started by Praveen ( i presume.). i am tech savvy . So i am unable to reply fast like others . still learning .
my admirations to all who are running the threads ........very nice job......... soon i will also learn to participate / navigate at this site .

Namaskaram,
My name is S.Gopalan, joined this forum long back, but introducing myself for the first time. I was practising as a Chartered Accountant in Delhi for the past 34 years, and since May,2018, settling down in Chennai.Trying to help our community in finding suitable alliance for their siblings.
On Monday, the 19th, attended the marriage function of my nephew. Met parents of an M.B.A Son, working in Chennai and they need a suitable Iyengar girl for their son. In the same way, mother of an Archakar, working in Thirupullani need a suitable Iyengar girl for her son. In the same way 37-38 years old boy working in T.C.S. Bombay, needs a suitable Iyengar girl.
Iyengar girl (27-28 years)working in Central Government, Chennai needs a suitable boy.
I am trying to get all the details and particulars of the above boys and girls and try to help the parents in my spare time.
I am very happy to have joined this forum.
Regards,
S.Gopalan.
Chennai-Nungambakkam.

Hi I am PAHI, a new member.

WHEN-A-MAN-TAKES-A-PLUNGE-INTO-THE-SEA.jpg
om sairam

Vannakkam to All!

Respected Sirs,

My name is Vinod Narayan Sami and I hail from Fiji, currently, I am training to perform temple rituals or temple Puja's, and I am in the initial stage and would appreciate if I am provided some guidance and assistance in Puja Vithi's. I will also be coming to Tamil Nadu shortly for attachments.

Thanks a lot!

Kind Regards

Vinod N Sami

Hello guys,
I am Sundaram and an ardent Rafi Saab fan. I would love to interact with you on music. I love this forum which gives splendid and in depth details regarding our community.?

Vanakkam to each and every one ,
I am Sridhar Ramadurai. I am born and bought up in Vijayawada. We are originated from Kooram near Kanchipuram. We are manufacturers of Coffee powder and dealers of Tea Powder for the past 43 years in Vijayawada. We want to open a branch in Chennai. My Wife Krishnaveni is looking after our Shop. She is from Devakottai near Karaikudi. I am doing one more business dealing with school shoes and socks in Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu. I have one son Srivatsan Sridhar. He is going to complete his B.com in computer science this year. Thank you all for giving this opportunity to introduce myself to you all.

I am Ramadass and I am 59 years old. I am basically from Mangalore, Karnataka and a Shivalli Brahmin. I studied in Chennai and now I am settled in Nanjangud, Mysore. I did my M.A. in English fro Madras University.

Namaskarams to everyone. I am Santosh Subramanian from Mumbai. My grandparents are from a village called Chorottur in Palakkad. I am an Iyer, Srivatsa Gotram, Swati Nakshatram, 31 years old and enjoy Sanskrit language, Vedic culture, agraharam style living, samayal chapad, carnatic music and motorcycling. Looking forward to learning and contributing to our community.

Last edited:
Namaskarams to everyone. I am Santosh Subramanian from Mumbai. My grandparents are from a village called Chorottur in Palakkad. I am an Iyer, Swati Nakshatram, 31 years old and enjoy Sanskrit language, Vedic culture, agraharam style living, samayal chapad, carnatic music and motorcycling. Looking forward to learning and contributing to our community.
hi

is it chittur.....thekkegramam.....just curious...very near palakkad...

Chorottur Bhagavathy temple (Palakkad district Kerala):

Chorottur Sri Kurumba Bhagavathy Temple is Shakti temple located at Thrikkangode,Kerala.

Devotees visit this temple to seek fulfillment of Getting married to a person of a girl's choice Health and longevity of husband.

is it chittur.....thekkegramam.....just curious...very near palakkad...
It is Chorottur.. I have only been there once so I am not sure if Chittur is another name for Chorotur.
As Shri Raji Ram has mentioned above, we also visit the Kurumba Bhagavathy Amman temple.

Chittur is taluk headquarters of Chittur taluk which is about 17 kms from Palakkad main. My sister stays in Lankeswaram village which is one km from Chittur main and near Anicode tri-junction on roads leading to Kollangode, Palakkad and Thrissur.

Hi, I am Muthukrishnan from Kadayam, Tirunelveli District. Basically am a chemistry graduate.Later joined the services under an autonomous body under the Ministry of Labour Govt. of India.During the course of service qualified in law from Madurai Law College and added M.B.A (Marketing) from Madurai Kamaraj University.I am now retired.Happy to be a member in the esteemed Community of Tamil Brahmins so that I may learn about the custom and tradition of our community with much exposure given by this web site. In fine I thank the web site for having accepted my membership.

Chittur is taluk headquarters of Chittur taluk which is about 17 kms from Palakkad main. My sister stays in Lankeswaram village which is one km from Chittur main and near Anicode tri-junction on roads leading to Kollangode, Palakkad and Thrissur.
hi

i know lankeswaram.....very famous gramam....very peculiar name to this village....i studied veda patashala

in chittur thekkegramam...ver near to aniclode....lankeswaram is very close to chittur bhagavathy amman

temple..between chittur and palakkad...

hi

i spent my teen age days in chittur.....very nice place....between trissur and coimbatore....very close

to palakkad district head quarters....

Namaskaram to all,

Iam Dr B Ashok, Shadamarshna gothra, bodhyana sutra, native of Tanjore and settled in Bangalore.
I earned multiple degrees in varied fields as Engineering, Science, Law, Management and Multiple Ph.D's from reputed institutions. I came up the hard way from very modest background.

My name is A. N. Krishnaraj (Ariyapadi Nagasundaram Krishnaraj). I am 56 years old and was born in Madras and grew up in Madras. I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Botany in 1977 from Vivekananda college in Madras. I moved to the US in 1989 to pursue my MBA and having been living in the US since then. My wife and I blessed with two children. I have spent the last 36 years working in the pharmaceutical industry. We live close to Sri RajaGanapathi Temple in Swedesboro, New Jersey and very involved with the temple activities. Pls. let me know if there are any questions.

Latest ads

Back