• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Intra human Marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
aiyer_maami, your analysis is right, but there are 2 main factors which contributed to this windfall. I do not know your cousin, but I know from experience that, when one is marrying out of love or mutual acceptance, there needs to be a compromise that needs to happen.

Here is how I see love marriages or marriages in general when they fall apart: First off, it is very painful for the girl's parents to see their child move away from their home, which creates a semi-void in their day to day activities. They are happy for her marriage, but still she is not present with them as before. This needs to be taken into consideration by the Boy/husband and he needs to compromise and make sure that he and his family supports the girl's parents and makes sure that he appears as a friend to the in-laws than a guy "taking" their girl away.

In this case, the muslim boy, if he really loved this girl, he should have made it abundantly clear to the girl and her family that they are NOT seperating their old ties and moving away, rather her place where she lives and whom she lives with has been changed, thus the girl's parents are never left defenseless and the girl too has someone to fall back on, when the guy betrays her.

Sometimes I think that breaking family ties which has grown for 20+ years for a guy/girl who comes in and sweeps you off your feet is ridiculus. The logical way is for both of them have to accept to keep their family ties and still want to have union.

-GGR

Dear Srimati born_again_iyer_mami,

In my opinion you have just explained why the Hindus seem rudderless! Yes, our culture and our dharma (incliding the Varnashrama Dharma) were designed to operate in times where people stayed together as a non mobile societies in Villages. It was then the concept of 'individual rights' and 'individual freedom' were alien concepts.

Once Industrialization and Mobility came in the wake of the British occupation, our whole culture began to change. 'Atomization' became necessary as one lived amongst those not vested in the interest of the individual. Individual liberty and individual dignity are concepts that came post industrialization and not before. And these concepts are the very ones that are playing havoc with our culture, because we have not yet adopted the values embodied by these concepts.

You are correct - no one can save anyone from himself/herself. But as you say, one can at least support instead of piling on.

All of this I attribute to His design where Kali Yuga as it progresses is supposed to introduce more and more chaos in to the society!

Pranams,
KRS

Hey sizzler,

From your query it appears you are not a Hindu/Indian. Am I correct ?

You have asked a deep question and I am prepared to reply provided you tone down your language and show some politeness.

LQ

I have a suggestion for you

Sizzler,

I know where you will get all the answers to your questions. Please click on over to viduthalai.org. I am sure you can have a very enlightened discussion with others there. In fact, they write JUST like you over there! Please, now please, go there, won't you? Pretty please?

If you feel so strongly negative about what is written here, why are you wasting your time here? Please leave.

And NO BAD language!!

Don't make me take action on this.

all posted here is ****,
it never tells me the meaning of Brahmin,
the above posts are written by Orthodux ppl rather than open minded
u read them first n reply

I am a moderator in this forum.

I have read and analyzed the postings in several threads. So thank you very much.

You, on the other hand are not even aware that you are posting something completely inappropriate.

So watch it.

u read them first n reply

Not that I support vertical stratification based on birth, but as a Hindu you might know that Hindu socierty was organised on the basis of vertical stratification of society based on birth. Brahmins occupied the top slot at the apex of the pyramid.

Today, due to better awareness of the rights, people at the bottom and intermediate levels of pyramid are asserting their rights and asking for a fair share of the loot.

This is of course a simplistic explanation of the whole scenario. Tons and tons of pages could be written for greater understanding and explanation of the whole scene. Are you ready to get involved in such studies ?

sizzler,
no one owes you an explanation. we are not here on an ego faning trip. and what was that about criticism ? and what do you think you were doing ? if you aren't convinced about the forum which you are entitled to, the exit door is always open.

sirs - i think even this question "WHO IS A BRAMIN?' has been answered before. any vegetarian, whose father is a bramin, or who has been adopted by a male bramin or who has married a male bramin is a BRAMIN.
even the caste system in hinduism is not necessarily discriminatory. the belief is that each & every person will be born in three varnas - bramin, khsatriya & vaishya in each & every birth. so the privileges associated with any caste was to be enjoyed only during the time when the person is born in that caste. this is a rotational principle. of course, nobody would like to be born as a sudra. because sudra means animal killer. and this was considered a sin in hinduism.

Dear NARAS and other posters,

Please do not attempt to answer sizzler's question on "who is a brahmin?" This poster has shown no effort towards reading other threads that have a well developed debate on this issue.

Every poster is required to be responsible. That means being mindful of other people's time and effort AND a willingness to help oneself by reading enough threads to figure out what the forum is about. Nobody here has the time to reinvent the wheel for every new person who joins the forum. It is each person's responsibility to make an effort to understand what's happening ON ONE'S OWN before asking questions. So far sizzler has not demonstrated that responsibility.

We will give sizzler a chance to get oriented towards a more responsible debate. So if you do not see a thoughtful posting from this person please do not respond. I do not want to see the energies of other thoughtful persons wasted on thoughtless postings.

Chintana.

sirs - i think even this question "WHO IS A BRAMIN?' has been answered before. any vegetarian, whose father is a bramin, or who has been adopted by a male bramin or who has married a male bramin is a BRAMIN.
even the caste system in hinduism is not necessarily discriminatory. the belief is that each & every person will be born in three varnas - bramin, khsatriya & vaishya in each & every birth. so the privileges associated with any caste was to be enjoyed only during the time when the person is born in that caste. this is a rotational principle. of course, nobody would like to be born as a sudra. because sudra means animal killer. and this was considered a sin in hinduism.

You seem to know the answer

coooolllllllllllllllllllllllll
u r unable 2 answer my questions, and posting such a comment....
instead of spending time for the above useless reply, u could have answered my quesiton....
Yeah you seem to know the answer, and your answer is different from all the posts in this forum. SO why dont you be our guruji and answer your own smart question? We all will sit humbly and listen.

Last edited:
Cockroaches

The problem with cockroach infestations is that once you let one in, they become hard to get rid of, and also lower the impression and quality of the place they infest. A quick Baygon/Raid sweep should be in order. Over the coming years there is a likelihood of more cockroach infestations, so maintaining a clean environment by removing any of their droppings as soon as possible is, in my opinion, good for all.

Last edited:
Point taken

Thank you.

The problem with cockroach infestations is that once you let one in, they become hard to get rid of, and also lower the impression and quality of the place they infest. A quick Baygon/Raid sweep should be in order. Over the coming years there is a likelihood of more cockroach infestations, so maintaining a clean environment by removing any of their droppings as soon as possible is, in my opinion, good for all.

Sizzler's Next Avatar - Read this first

Sizzler, Sizzler2, Sizzler^n,

I am sure you will try to get in again under a new garb. Try reading this first & if you have grey matter between your ears, try n understand :

a) Who is a brahmin ?

This is as open ended a question as "How many stars are there in the Galaxy ?". There is no definite answer to this & MOST IMPORTANTLY we haven't appointed you as our Guru to lead us.

Just as you have a view, realize & try to respect that others too are entitled to theirs.

It is easy for me to define what are the qualities expected of a brahmin. For starters, he is expected to respect first and t-h-e-n expect respect in return.

How would you feel, if someone walking in the street suddenly gets you by the scruff of the neck & starts abusing you ? You have done the cyber equivalent of that. You have made no attempt to go thru the various threads & posts and try to imbibe the dignity & decency maintained by the various contributors.

You have acted like a street dog in the dead of the night which goes about chasing every passing vehicle without any rhyme or reason. But hey, even the dogs wait till the night to fall over to do it isn't it ?

b) Why this site ?

Why not ?

We have only created a forum to share views, discuss issues affecting us as a community & try to make a "small, however small" difference to lives of "handful of people".

People like you who question our motives, have no better alternative. Moving an inch is a lot better than inertia.

And what was that about Govt not taking notice of us ? We don't want that & iff that was the case, there would be no need for this site in the first place.

We are only trying to do our bit when the Govt with all it's might in the garb of setting right a historical injustice is wittingly creating a new order of discrimination. We have like minded people who come together & try to help in their own little way to causes. We may not be even addressing 0.1% of the population but as i said, half a step forward is a lot better than standing still.

If you in your "infinite wisdom" want to disagree, you are welcome, but allow us the lesser mortals - 0s & 1s - to do what we believe in. Hey, infinity is such a huge number but it is the 0s & 1s which are used in binary programming.

c) Thanks, but no thanks

Thanks to your unsolicited advice about dealing "straightforward" with the Govt.

:doh:

Caste bias unchecked here- Sysler2 Sir are you there?

[FONT=times new roman,new york,times,serif]I do not know whether this is the right thread to publish but since Sri. Sysler2 sir is here this is for his comments too?

Caste bias unchecked here
S. Vijay Kumar
17 Dalit panchayat presidents sign statement

MADURAI: As many as 17 Dalit panchayat presidents in Madurai district admit that caste-based discrimination, including the `two-tumbler' system, still exists in their villages.
A few of them even allege that the vice-presidents, mostly caste Hindus, occupy chairs at official meetings while they sit on the floor as "mute spectators". The presidents have signed a statement attesting to this fact to a non-governmental organisation that surveyed villages in Madurai.
In the Keeripatti reserved panchayat, where elections could not be held for a decade following stiff resistance from caste Hindus, the newly elected panchayat president, M. Balusamy, admits to the prevalence of caste discrimination. "The two-tumbler system still prevails in our village. Even a small boy, belonging to the dominant community, calls a senior Dalit by his name. In the nearby Poothipuram reserved panchayat, the president sits on the floor while the others occupy chairs and conduct official proceedings," Mr. Balusamy told The Hindu on Sunday.
The study conducted by Evidence, a Madurai-based Human Rights Organisation, revealed that "untouchability" prevailed in one form or the other in 70 per cent of the 83 reserved village panchayats in the district. Answering a printed questionnaire, the panchayat presidents acknowledge that at least 25 forms of "untouchability" exist in their villages.
The team found that doctors and para-medical staff in some primary health centres "refused to touch Dalit patients."
The team collected statements and signatures of more than a 100 Dalits in the reserved panchayats.
State-wide study

"A similar situation prevails in the neighbouring Sivaganga, Ramanathapuram and Virudhunagar districts. This is a State-wide study on untouchability practices in the reserved panchayats. Even years after the panchayats were allotted Dalits, nothing much has changed," said A. Kathir, Executive Director of Evidence.
The other forms of "untouchability" include restrictions on Dalits entering local temples, community halls and main streets.
"We have sent our preliminary report to the National Commission for SC/ST and the State Human Rights Commission. Our team members saw many panchayat presidents washing teacups meant for Dalits after using them," he said.

[/FONT]

Sizzler, Sizzler2, Sizzler^n,

I am sure you will try to get in again under a new garb. Try reading this first & if you have grey matter between your ears, try n understand :

a) Who is a brahmin ?

This is as open ended a question as "How many stars are there in the Galaxy ?". There is no definite answer to this

:doh:

sirs - there IS a definite answer to this. any person whose father is a male bramin or who has been adopted by a male bramin or a who has married a male bramin is a bramin. there s no other way a person can b a bramin.

hi sizler,

among brahmins although there may be different opinions, one brahmin can surely identify another and mutual interests as a community would be common. there is a breed called brahmin haters who have got the difficulty for defining or misinterpretting the terminology i.e brahmin.

hope you got the point

cheers

hi all,

sort of neighbour's envy owner's pride

media persons and so called liberated souls lecture about these so called lofty ideals for polluting the society. give a clap. they would be please. be aware of your wards. especially if you have more than one child. ek larki baag jate hi doosri ki zindagi ko narak me daal de thi hai. so what media is happy. socialites are happy. if one family suffers, thats cause of enjoyment for socialites.

he ram

good theory mami... game theory in a sociology back drop.. romba nalla. the argument of might is ...Rajyam vanitha veera bhojyam... is the law of jungle that does prevail upto some extent... and in a democracy numbers attract numbers (Organic chemistry says like dissolves like) material attitude is appeased by materials. Ultimately any clan or individual is protected by its own virtue. Karma goads thoughts and decisions (one's choice).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back