• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Indian Stock Market

Jaykay767

The bank merger is a desperate cry to save them from collapse under the unprecented NPAs. So merge loss making banks with profitable ones.

Now watch out for the next desperate measure - interest rates will drop from approx 6 % down to 1%, then many super duper supporters will be gasping for air to survive. (How can banks pay such high interest rates when they are under such NPAs.?) They will then desperately message the forum owners to bring back the political disucssions to all. LOL.

Sariyana Padam !! The Avalanche is approaching the final collapse - Rmember my many posts on demo and so many were trying to push it under the carpet.. LOL,

And lets not forget the Venezuela situation !!

LOL !

Jaykay767

It will be beyond hilarious to see the faces of these Andh bakths, and the govt supporters when bank interest rates drop to 1% !!

LOL...

krish44

Now,experts admit that recession is around the corner.

Stock market is moving in a range .

Losses of retail investors are mounting.

There is no meaningful response from the govt.

Nationalised Banks are getting merged and consolidated leading to possible reduction of surplus staff . VRS for

50 plus is looming large.

Manufacturing sector is just going downhill.

GDP at all time low of 5%.

Layoffs are happening in auto sector.

Contract labour getting laid off. Permanent getting work only four days a week.

No takers for discretionary consumer goods.

Well off are taking refuge in Gold.

Food is becoming expensive.

Airfares have increased more than 50%.

Govt is politically savvy but economic management ,it has no clue.

Opposition is in disarray. It is unable to gt its act together.

Excessive rains has lead to floods.

Agriculture is bound to suffer.

Unless rural economy picks up , the situation appears bleak

Janaki Jambunathan

The slump in auto industry may be an advantage ! I tried to sell my 2007 car but offer was around 70000 only (OLX etc)

See the gain if you go for exchange offer!

Inventories are piling up ! Dealers are in a fix! Buyers bargain for huge discount! S cross ( fully loaded) on road costs 11.7 L in Chennai The deal was struck for 10 L - Discount of 60000 plus freebies like seat cover and some accessories . (By manufacturer and dealer)

The exchange offer for my car is Rs 1.1 L !

The exchange offer is higher because of huge inventory in their show rooms this has to be reduced at any cost ! ( Ms. Rita of Lanson Toyota commits suicide after a board meeting on plunging sales)

I don't need a car now as we go around in Ola ! Then why go for exchange !? Nexa is ready to register new S cross on my son's name though the exchanged car was on my name!

The PPF started in 2003 in my son's name by me with my regular contribution for the next 15 yrs matured in April 2019 The amount is about 8 L With additional 2L from his savings no need for bank finance - & this is a Diwali gift for him!

Last edited:

krish44

Govt is trying to restrict surge pricing in uber'

I had spent a lot on higher uber prices during peak hours. in chennai

Ola follows uber price and also jacks up the rates in peak hours.

Hotel rates also spike depending on number of stars given to it.

Airfares are already up by 50% even in lean months .

Market follows Airindia who price it high to reduce their losses . Others are a few hundreds less following the

market leader

Vistara appears to be good , only their flight timings are not good for distance travel.

Budget airlines are a horror for seniors.They do not use the loading bays and park at a distance in airports

One has to take the bus to board .

N.R.Ranganathan

Indian markets look to the US and western countries for inspiration.

Nifty 50 is hogged by a few shares and presents a rosy picture.

In fact most who have invested in mutual funds [except Gold ETF] have made losses.

Govt is fickle and gives daily adhoc directions and over using the control measures.

SEBI is going for the over kill citing investor protection.

Auto,housing sectors are in doldrums .IT majors are facing the wrath of US for not using local talent for jobs.

Consumers are not spending on discretionary goods as recession is around the corner.

Exchange rate of around rs 69 to dollar and higher oil prices are screwing up the indian economy and the market.

Shares are moving in a range . Market is volatile and it more or less returns to same value at the end of day.

Only day traders are making money in intra day trades.

One can at best make 6 to 10% in day behaving like a trader and taking a shot.

Alternately lay off and pray for monsoon and cheaper oil
sir,
The Government is very busy with polemics. It has not devoted time to devise plans for industrial/agriculatural growth. It is strange that our FM comes out with a statement saying that because of Uber and Ola, the Automobile industry is facing crisis !. Look at the Budget for this year - it is just a statement of intentions. There is nothing in it.

N.R.Ranganathan

Sirs:
The perception is that it is safe to invest in Mutual Funds, under the impression that collective professional wisdom is better than individual wisdom. They also suffered due to the failure of the industry in general and the Government's handling of certain laws is shabby. The Companies Act has been amended many times and almost every week MCA is coming out with amendments/alterations. Hope the Government will concentrate on home-work before doing anything.

I have also invested in some Mutual Funds and the NAV is falling. :(

krish44

Mutual funds are not the best way to invest.

You are paying a fund manager to invest your funds

He does not guarantee you any returns.

Except Gold ETF none is worth investing in.

Better pick a few good equity stocks with large market cap.

Make a shortlist of six or seven good group A shares belonging FMCG,private banks,insurance .

Distribute your money on them.

Sit back and relax.

If any share makes more than 10 promptly sell.. Similarly if any share falls more than 5%, dispose off.

This should give a return 15 to 20%

krish44

FM came out with a package to concessions to industry relieve distress of ailing sectors like auto, real

estate,exports,

msme amounting to 1.64 lakh crores. This made the stock market sensex jump by about 2000 points and nifty

by

570 points.

Shares of all companies large, medium , small crazily moved up by about 10 to 12 % in a span of few minutes.

Smart players booked profits became richer by huge amounts .

Even small retaill investors encashed as it was an oppurtunity of a lifetime .

Such a thing happened in 1991 when then FM Manmohan singh opened out the indian economy with reforms.

Private industry rejoiced and hailed FM Nirmala Sitaraman .

She cut tax rates to about 25% less by about 10% for corporate houses.

She also cut GST rate for hotels .to 12% for hotel tariff of 1000 to 7500 ,18%[10 less] for those above 7500..

.She also gave tax relief for FPI [foreign portfolio investors].

All these measures will increase our fiscal deficit.

It is hoped that business sentiment would improve.

I do not know what is in it for the common man?

He does not stay in five star hotels nor he has the money to buy articles of discretionary consumption.

Food inflation is only inching up.

Who has the money to invest in Affordable Housing when the economy is in doldrums?

Those who have the money are reluctant to spend and some are parking in gold which is inching up due to

oil crisis.

Mutual funds are giving negative returns. Only Gold ETF can give some returns.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts