• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Indian Stock Market

Janaki Jambunathan

Reliance AGM - Ambani's announcements are encouraging and looks 5 Trillion economy is possible! I think I will switch over to Gigs fibre! Exciting! I still hold about 500 shares bought in 70's when Convertible debenture was offered by Reliance Textiles as they were known then!

krish44

we think alike.I too have reliance from original IPO of late seventies.

Jio fibre is worth it. Like to subscribe when it opens in september

Janaki Jambunathan

I dont have a 4 K TV but my son in Banglore has one Ultra HD TV of a monstrous size But 4K streaming programs are not available either through cable or Dish. He has no time or interest in Netflix which boasts of huge library of streaming videos mainly of movies and noisy musics. I think Animal Planet & National geographic may give a great experience! Giga will bring this with an affordable price tag I am sure!

krish44

I do not know if any episodes of Animal planet or national geographic are available on you tube .Then it should
be possible to transport it to TV thru mobile or laptop

Janaki Jambunathan

0_img_20190815_164416-jpg.7810 Indian Stock Market

5PM Aug 15 I woke to streaming noise blasting through my bedroom window ! Independence day bash is on The photo from my balcony You can see a monsterous monitor with chairs in front for audiance to watch streaming DJ music at 7 PM The effect electrifying for teens to dance around - Needs some blue ray (laser) equipments . To get this effect in 4K TV you need high-speed internet which giga promises I am sure it will be available in my gated community when it is offered commercially! I don't have space for Home Theatre in my flat

krish44

Indian stock market is steadily spiralling downwards.

Sensex is reaching 10700 range. FPI,NRI are getting out of the market.

Domestic investors are getting into gold and are sticking to one or two shares which are safe and positive.

Most have withdrawn from the market and watching from sidelines,

Retail investors better stay away as further lows are expected.

WE are already in recession or close to it.

FD rates are further being lowered.SBI gives 7.2% as against 7.8 of HDFC bank and 8% of indusind.

There are no takers for car loans as automobile sector is in downturn. Many are laying of workers in auto and

ancilliaries.

Many housing companies like dewan housing, DLF are in finacial soup.

Yes bank with exposure to CG power, DHFL is hitting new lows - around 58 from highs of 100 plus

Nifty bank is hugely negative.

Many sarkari banks are close to their book value.

Private banks are not far behind.

New scams come out everyday.

PMO is trying to allay fears of industrialists who are bitterly complaining about the investment scene.

It requires a brave heart to invest in this market.

Janaki Jambunathan

There are no takers for car loans as automobile sector is in downturn. Many are laying of workers in auto and ancilliaries.(#27)

Maruti Kia Renault Hyundai have released new models in the last 10days!

This defies logic when there are no takers!

Yes bank with exposure to CG power, DHFL is hitting new lows - around 58 from highs of 100 plus(#27)

Yet Yes bank issue (QIP) is over subscribed 3 times !

krish44

Shares like yes bank,india bulls housing finance,DHFL are highly speculative shares.

My share broker [A south indian company] thinks that they should protect me and do not let me invest in these

shares in a volatile market. Yet these are the shares which will give fast short time returns.

Basically it is a traders market now . Make a couple of thousands a day with a bit of luck and square off

positions at the end of day.

Our FMs booster dose yesterday giving relief to FPI, releasing 70000 crores to PSU banks, and other measures

should help markets recover on monday.Let us see

krish44

If one plays in the share market buying some and selling equally fast, one loses respect for hard earned money.

Money only becomes scraps of paper one plays with with no emotion attached to it.

As a matter of principle, I always spend off all the ill gotten gains from the market on holidays and pleasure

activities . I do not remember later what happened to this money later.

I can kick the bucket with a clean conscience that I am not leaving this money to anyone else .Younger generation

ought to work hard to earn their living and not become speculators and hoarders.

prasad1

If one plays in the share market buying some and selling equally fast, one loses respect for hard earned money.

Money only becomes scraps of paper one plays with with no emotion attached to it.

As a matter of principle, I always spend off all the ill gotten gains from the market on holidays and pleasure

I can kick the bucket with a clean conscience that I am not leaving this money to anyone else .Younger generation

ought to work hard to earn their living and not become speculators and hoarders.

The money earned in the stock market or any other investment is not "ill-gotten". It is legit and hard-earned.
It is earned by utilizing your brain power as opposed to using physical work.

Janaki Jambunathan

How do you reconcile when you loose -specially if it your hard earned money and not the kill you made in stock market ?

krish44

How do you reconcile when you loose -specially if it your hard earned money and not the kill you made in stock market ?
There are some manly ways of reconciling-like couple of pegs of scotch and listening to Mehdi Hasan ghazals.

Then be an optimist and wait for another day to make a killing in the market.

Success goes to the persistent players and not weak hearts.lol

krish44

The money earned in the stock market or any other investment is not "ill-gotten". It is legit and hard-earned.
It is earned by utilizing your brain power as opposed to using physical work.
Thanks for trying to make me believe that my brain has some power to make money and it is legitimate.

We only take potshots in share market based on analysis put out by some broker or other . Some turn out to

be good shots. But on the whole it averages out and one ends up with 15 to 20% returns.

Janaki Jambunathan

As a matter of principle, I always spend off all the ill gotten gains from the market on holidays and pleasure activities .(#29)

There are some manly ways of reconciling-like couple of pegs of scotch and listening to Mehdi Hasan ghazals.(#32)

When glad hit Johny Red! When sad it is Johny Black !

Right spirit of a sensitive stock market player!

krish44

Thanks JJ ji.

Shares jumping up again because of FMs sops.

May not last long though.

Cash in while it rains money

krish44

RBI has transferred a huge amount to the govt to play with.

At last the govt has succeeded in partly emptying the coffers of RBI to fulfill fiscal deficit targets.

Last two RBI governors have resisted the govt moves. Now they have succeeded in getting a Governor who has

obliged the govt with largesse.

Institution of RBI has been arm twisted to meet the reckless finance management of the govt in power.

Janaki Jambunathan

RBI has transferred a huge amount to the govt to play with.

At last the govt has succeeded in partly emptying the coffers of RBI to fulfill fiscal deficit targets.

Last two RBI governors have resisted the govt moves. Now they have succeeded in getting a Governor who has

obliged the govt with largesse.

Institution of RBI has been arm twisted to meet the reckless finance management of the govt in power.
I wish the money is used for wealth creation and not to bail out Air India and BSNL or goes down the drain in some poverty alleviation yogana!

Jaykay767

I wish the money is used for wealth creation and not to bail out Air India and BSNL or goes down the drain in some poverty alleviation yogana!
Govt has kicked the bucket on the economy.?.with their terrible mismanagement. I suspect, they have no money for base sustainable, that's why they are desperate for this money.

I am afraid, they probably need the money to just pay the salaries..forget controlling fiscal deficit or stimulus package.....lets hope my suspicion is wrong !!

krish44

Further Reforms such as consolidation of 27 PSBs into 12 with five large global ones and some indian and

regional banks have been announced after the market hours .

While this may bring some liquidity into the economy, to what extent it will aid the economy is to be seen.

Merger of banks sooner or later will lead to these banks shedding their surplus staff.This may happen thru VRS .
In the meantime GDP of last quarter has further reduced.

Some opine that it may not be due to global economic scene.

It is due to Make in India and such campaigns.

Small unorganised units have closed down and MSME are in distress.

Exports have plummeted largely due to a strong rupee .

It had been kept at 65rs to dollar for long. Even 72 rs rate is not helping much.

RBI has been fighting inflation thru monetory policy.

Currencies of surrounding countries like bangladesh or vietnam are far cheaper and their exports do well.

It may not be a bad idea to make Re drop further to 78 to 80 Rs a dollar.

Our exports may pick up.Textiles and.IT will do better

Though there may be more inflation, growth will kick start creating employment for laid off workers.

Autos and four wheelor demands may pick up.

We have lived with higher inflation in eighties and early nineties. WE have survived.

We have to employ more people in urban and rural sector and agriculture needs to pick up. with higher

procurement prices.

Loss making PSUs need to be sold off or atleast govt ownership should be below 50%.

Govt should not be owning and running non strategic PSUs.

Excessive monitoring and control of govt is a disincentive to growth.

Unless govt stranglehold on public and private companies is relaxed , there can only be misery ahead for all

sections of society.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media