• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Indian Man Assaulted in NZ, Told to Go Back to His Own Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone read these lines in this link: timesofindia /indian-assaulted-in-new-zealand

A man who claimed Bikramjit was speeding yelled at him, saying: "Go back to your country - slow down!

You know what the speed limit is here."

Bikramjit says he wasn't speeding, is a New Zealand citizen and has lived here for more than a decade.

The man who hurled abuse in that case ended up apologising in an email, blaming two alcohol beverages

he'd consumed earlier that day.

Last edited:
Doctor Mam,

This thread was opened by me yesterday night by 09.31 PM

Now I reproduce a text of news published today by 13.04 which also falls in line and described this attack only as a
'Hate Crime'

So your arguments will not hold any water

Your simply repeating in every posting like a parrot that this attack is a traffic fight will not dilute the seriousness of this attack on an Indian.

And here is the news report for the minds which were already influenced with malice and biased:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
‘Go back to your country’: Another Indian becomes victim of ‘hate crime in New Zealand

Amid the rising incidents of Indians becoming victims of “hate crimes” in the President Trump-ruled United States, another similar incident has come into light in New Zealand.

An Indian national in New Zealand was assaulted, subjected to a racist tirade and told to go back to his own country during a road rage incident in Auckland, a media report said on Monday.

When Narindervir Singh left after the incident, he assumed it was all over. But when he parked on a nearby side street, he says the white Holden (car) of the abuser pulled up once again and the racist rant, including the ‘n’ word, continued.

Another man, Bikramjit Singh, suffered similar abuse last week as he left a Papatoetoe storage facility.

A man who claimed Bikramjit was speeding yelled at him, saying: “Go back to your country — slow down! You know what the speed limit is here.”

Bikramjit says he wasn’t speeding, is a New Zealand citizen and has lived here for more than a decade. The man who hurled abuse in that case ended up apologising in an email, blaming two alcohol beverages he’d consumed earlier that day. But those who work with migrants say such discrimination does appear to be increasing.

“We are seeing it much more openly which is a very serious concern,” said Anu Kaloti from the Migrant Workers Association. “I think societies are becoming more and more intolerant, especially since (Donald) Trump was elected President of the US.” Both men have filed complaints with police.

The incident comes at the heels of a flurry of “hate crimes” reported in the United States.

Read more at: http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/wor...es-victim-of-hate-crime-in-new-zealand-371415

P.S: Now those whose mind got struck with 'traffic fight' may please join 'Merry-go-round' and have a more FUN. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone notice this.....

"After Singh informed the driver that he's uploading the video live, the situation escalated and Singh was abused, sworn at and told to go back to his own country."

This may be the crux of the issue......

But people who respect others feelings may know the seriousness of such abuses

And for people who take everything easy like a 'traffic fight' may not........

Originally it was argued that it is a video uploading live thing that should be curbed, etc etc

Then the focus of the argument shifted to Traffic fight....

And I don't know what is next.........

Interesting ....

And those who fail to find new theory for argument may go for a ride on
Merry-go-round.......Merry-go-round....LOL

Doctor Mam,

This thread was opened by me yesterday night by 09.31 PM

Now I reproduce a text of news published today by 13.04 which also falls in line and described this attack only as a
'Hate Crime'

So your arguments will not hold any water

Your simply repeating in every posting like a parrot that this attack is a traffic fight will not dilute the seriousness of this attack on an Indian.

And here is the news report for the minds which were already influenced with malice and biased:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
‘Go back to your country’: Another Indian becomes victim of ‘hate crime in New Zealand

Amid the rising incidents of Indians becoming victims of “hate crimes” in the President Trump-ruled United States, another similar incident has come into light in New Zealand.

An Indian national in New Zealand was assaulted, subjected to a racist tirade and told to go back to his own country during a road rage incident in Auckland, a media report said on Monday.

When Narindervir Singh left after the incident, he assumed it was all over. But when he parked on a nearby side street, he says the white Holden (car) of the abuser pulled up once again and the racist rant, including the ‘n’ word, continued.

Another man, Bikramjit Singh, suffered similar abuse last week as he left a Papatoetoe storage facility.

A man who claimed Bikramjit was speeding yelled at him, saying: “Go back to your country — slow down! You know what the speed limit is here.”

Bikramjit says he wasn’t speeding, is a New Zealand citizen and has lived here for more than a decade. The man who hurled abuse in that case ended up apologising in an email, blaming two alcohol beverages he’d consumed earlier that day. But those who work with migrants say such discrimination does appear to be increasing.

“We are seeing it much more openly which is a very serious concern,” said Anu Kaloti from the Migrant Workers Association. “I think societies are becoming more and more intolerant, especially since (Donald) Trump was elected President of the US.” Both men have filed complaints with police.

The incident comes at the heels of a flurry of “hate crimes” reported in the United States.

Read more at: http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/wor...es-victim-of-hate-crime-in-new-zealand-371415

P.S: Now those whose mind got struck with 'traffic fight' may please join 'Merry-go-round' and have a more FUN. LOL

Dear Sir...my mind works in a simple format..that is as long no one ended up injured or dead the case is considered no big deal.

Here we go round the mulberry bush..the mulberry
bush ..the mulberry bush...here we go round the mulberry bush..so early in the morning.

That was really a responsible answer of a diplomat unlike our joyful Mathas who sing rhymes holding hands..LOL

[h=1]Indian ‘abused’ in Auckland: Envoy says New Zealand does not condone racial attacks[/h]
New Zealand does not condone racial abuse in any form, the country’s Acting High Commissioner to India, Suzannah Jessep, said on Tuesday after an Indian in Auckland said he was assaulted, spat at and subjected to racist slurs during a road rage incident.

“New Zealand does not condone race-based abuse in any form. The comments reported do not reflect the views of the vast majority of

New Zealanders, who celebrate and embrace New Zealand’s diversity and multicultural character,” said Jessep in a statement.
She said her country has a strong track record in human rights matters, and was ranked first globally for tolerance for immigrants, community safety, and religious tolerance in the 2016 Social Progress Index (SPI). Nearly 90% of migrants in New Zealand say they feel they belong to New Zealand and the vast majority of New Zealand citizens believe the country’s culture, society and economy are improved by immigrants.

On the Indian diaspora, she said: “New Zealand is home to a thriving Indian diaspora (representing four per cent of New Zealand’s population), whose members are represented in government, the police force, civil society groups, business, education and elsewhere. Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city, is the fourth most culturally diverse city in the world - more diverse than even London and New York, according to the 2015 World Migration Report. Hindi is also the fourth most widely spoken language in New Zealand. For these particular cases, media have reported that complaints have been laid with the Police, and it is important that this process be allowed to continue independently.”

Read more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...-says-envoy/story-lktkeZw9GL4Fynqhlt9PaJ.html

Does anyone notice this.....

And those who fail to find new theory for argument may go for a ride on
Merry-go-round.......Merry-go-round....LOL

Dear Rudhran,

I just made a google search of "hate crimes in New Zealand" and the search returned 16,70,000 results. Even assuming 16,69,000 of the returned results are "irrelevant" at least there have been 1000 supposed hate crimes in the past so many years and this is not a new phenomenon.

I feel there is no need to get over-worked and have disagreements with members because they hold a different or slightly lenient view of the alleged "hate crimes" or they do not club it in the hate crime statistics.

Rather than sounding politically correct and making noises, I think it would be prudent to admit that humans have a tendency to differentiate between 'US & THEM' and for all practical purposes the samadarshanam is happening only at intellectual level and almost never felt at ground level.

There is a need to refrain from the hyper activism which the media tries to project by tabloid headlines like "one more hate crime against Indians" etc. When you check back, you will notice that the media never keeps a track of the number of crimes or hate crimes and no magazine or TV channel or newspaper reports that this incident is 128th or 39th hate crime etc. Their intention is only to add fuel to fire with such headlines as "one more hate crime".... "Indians now attacked in NZ after Australia etc".

Have you ever come across any journalist or reporter refusing or not applying for visa because of supposed hate crimes? I havent come across any.

The word "hate crime" itself is a media creation. Has any country enacted laws to give more stringent punishment to the hate criminals other than the punishment for other criminals?

Last edited:
Has any country enacted laws to give more stringent punishment to the hate criminals other than the punishment for other criminals?

Sir,

Please enlighten me this law of USA

I stumbled upon this while I searched in Google

On October 28, 2009 President Obama signed the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate CrimesPrevention Act, attached to the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010, which expanded existing United States federal hate crime law to apply to crimes motivated by a victim's actual or perceived gender, ...
Hate crime laws in the United States - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime_laws_in_the_United_States
Hate crime laws in the United Statescommitted to investigating crimes that are potentially hate-motivated.

And in India we do have Hate Speech laws enacted.

The query is raised only in the interest of the topic .... :)

In USA, hate crime laws were enacted in order to impose much tougher penalties for a crime deemed to arise out of hatred.

In an interdependent society that we live in, acceptance of each other regardless of their religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, race, caste etc is very important. It is easy to start a major riot if hatred is used to spark initial violence. Hence hate crime is dealt with differently.

Even in this forum, which is really a global forum, we have ignorant posts now and then which are rooted in narrow mindedness with the false thinking that somehow a poster living in India is superior in matters related to religion to those living elsewhere. This kind of parochial thinking is part of human nature and most often such thinking rarely sparks cliques that end up being detrimental to the growth of this forum.

In the past when a set of messages signaled that people from other countries are unwelcome some otherwise extraordinary posters ended up having to leave the forum. And that is the right thing for the preservation of the forum.

For preservation of order in any society or country or even a forum certain behaviors cannot be allowed. That is why countries act quickly to ensure that when hate crime is reported they react appropriately. Tourism and trade as well as flow of intellectuals can dry up if a country is seen as hostile to outsiders. The first immigration order (by President Trump) in USA which had overtones of bias based on religion was defeated by the courts with assistance of ordinary citizens and technology companies.

While there is enough blame to go around in this specific case, hate speech is not formally tolerated by NZ law which is the right response in my view

Even in this forum, which is really a global forum, we have ignorant posts now and then which are rooted in narrow mindedness with the false thinking that somehow a poster living in India is superior in matters related to religion to those living elsewhere.

Ishwara!

I have never felt that posters had narrow mindedness that only those in India have superior knowledge with matters of Religion and Culture.

Some might be just better informed and share their opinion..that does not equal to being having a narrow minded superior mindset of the ignorant kind.

Sometimes we might have a False Notion of the actual truth.

Last edited:
Sometimes we might have a False Notion of the actual truth.

or we might have false notions about false notions of the actual truth... or true notions about false notions of self-perceived truth...or ... oh well, I'll let it go by...

or we might have false notions about false notions of the actual truth... or true notions about false notions of self-perceived truth...or ... oh well, I'll let it go by...

Asato Ma Sad Gamaya!LOL

I was a TOURIST in New Zeland last month. I met a Tamilian running a New Zeland food joint in a sheep farm on the outskirts of Picton. This place was 40 miles from a sleepy town. I had a lengthy talk with this enterprising young man.

I can not comment on the race relations in that country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back