• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Indian Man Assaulted in NZ, Told to Go Back to His Own Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rudhran

This Indian was assaulted at New Zealand.... hate crime at New zZealand too ??

Indian Man Assaulted in NZ, Told to Go Back to His Own Country

An Indian national in New Zealand was assaulted, subjected to a racist tirade, and told to go back to his own country during a road rage incident in Auckland, a media report said on Monday.
Narindervir Singh said he was filming from inside his vehicle when the incident happened last week.

"I gave him a space... that lady gave me the finger. He was driving that car (pointing to a white Holden) and now he's trying to threaten me, giving me bad names," Singh says in a video which was being streamed live onto Facebook.

After Singh informed the driver that he was uploading the video live, the situation escalated and Singh was abused, sworn at and told to go back to his own country.

The abuser, who is seen in video wearing a grey Everlast t-shirt, was tail-gating according to Singh, who says he simply pulled over to let him pass. The man also made derogatory remarks about Punjabi people, Newshub reported.

To read more click here:

Hate crime is everywhere in the world and has been happening all the time. It is just that they never got reported. In today'd internet world supported by blogs and social media such news get the deserved attention.

All these becomes a concern only if any group is targeted (like Jews in second world war) and if there is a support for such actions by the ruling majority.

Lone wolves and fringe groups will continue to attack 'foreigners'. If the public at large in a given country is against such attacks then it is not unsafe for foreigners including Indians in those countries.

This does not seem a case of hate crime
..its just reaction to a person uploading video live.

This uploading video mentality has to stop.

A few weeks back I witnessed a minor accident while driving..I stopped my car to see if victim needed any help but I was scared too..reason?
People were filming everything..I didnt want to be on someones face book.

I had a dupatta in my car..covered my head fully so that my face was not seen and then got out of my car to attend to the victim.
Next time I should keep a spare hijab in my car so that even if anyone films anything my identity would be not known.

So anyone can get uneasy when videos go live and then abuses of any kind start.

Doctor Mam,

Are you trying to derail the essence of the message...?

If that was not a hate crime....then why the statement to back to his own country.....?

See uploading a film by an individual iIMO is nothing to do with his country or nationality, etc....

In that case why this aversion..?

He reported to have
made tasteless remarks about Punjabi people

And BTW what does he know about Punjabis.....?

May be a racial slur.....!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Mam,

Are you trying to derail the essence of the message...?

If that was not a hate crime....then why the statement to back to his own country.....?

See uploading a film by an individual iIMO is nothing to do with his country or nationality, etc....

In that case why this aversion..?

He reported to have
made tasteless remarks about Punjabi people

And BTW what does he know about Punjabis.....?

May be a racial slur.....!!

Dear Sir,

Its very common for racial slurs to be spewed when 2 people of different race or community get into a traffic road rage case.

I have seen in my own eyes even out here people get into fights becos of an accident involving different races.

Even if its India..just say a Nortie and Soutie would get into a road rage problem surely all racial slur words would be in the scene.

The problem is the so called "victim' here decided to film the road rage and the other person said "go back to your country" cos he didnt want to be flimed.

Initially the "offender" didnt talk about race isnt it?

I am sure if it had happened in India where 2 different communities had clashed all sorts of slurs like Kaala K**ta Madrasi..Bho** C*** Bong..Behen/Madar C*** Punju would be used.

So no big deal actually.

In India... Africans are treated very badly..assaulted..called all sorts of slurs by Indians yet Indians never see that as hate crime..they try to justify themselves by saying the Africans are an unruly lot and Indians have the right to defend themselves from Africans etc.

Even North East Indians who resemble Chinese are at the receiving end at India.

So why complain?

No one is really innocent.

Last edited:
After Singh informed the driver that he was uploading the video live, the situation escalated and Singh was abused, sworn at and told to go back to his own country.

Just shut up and drive and stop telling people we are going to expose them online...this can even escalate to murder!

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

What you have written is true! Even in the highly ranked institutes like I I T, I have seen Tamil and Telugu speaking

students teasing each other as 'ar*va vAdu' and 'g*lti' respectively! And Malayalis are always 'm*llus'!

Good that the abuser did not have a gun and hence could show only his bum!! :peep:

Last edited:
So why complain?

No one is really innocent.

Doctor Mam,

First and foremost thing is that I don’t belongs to your 'fan club' in Forum who used to pay a visit sincerely and say “whatever you wright is right….. 100% right”….LOL

There may be substances and ample evidences to prove hate crimes .

It was reported that besides this victim, there was another Indian National by name Bikramjith Singh also was a victim of racial abuse last week, when he left for Papatoetoe storage facility.

Now both these two victims have filed complaint with local police.

The Jalra coterie may wish to come out with another flimsy cock and bull story..

There are reported groups advocating more racism and who may wanted to preserve old white New Zealand..

There are reported violent attacks that can only be defined or described as hate crimes

There may be Institutionalized racism practiced employing only Kiwis…

But what I read was that deep down New Zealand, there are reported to be cases of Indians mugged and robbed.

To sum up, every one may not be an innocent… but there are people who hate other nationals and do attack them and it happens.

We are sharing wherever Indians are attacked……… and such messages concerns us :)

There are some who won’t let such hate crimes go unchallenged…

Doctor Mam,

First and foremost thing is that I don’t belongs to your 'fan club' in Forum who used to pay a visit sincerely and say “whatever you right is right….. 100% right”….LOL

Why get personal here..my dear Sir?

You do not have to be my fan...even my "fans" disagree with me many times.

They too have differing opinions and I welcome any opinion.

You are free to say I am right or wrong or partially right or partially wrong or you cant make up your mind.

I have no problems...I am also entitled to my own opinion just like you too are entitled to your opinion..both can be right and wrong in our own ways.

So let not this thread escalate into a "rage"!LOL

Last edited:
hi

here in the forum....some ppl have problems....involving giving suggestions......otherwise they feel irritated....

எல்லா விஷயத்திலும் மூக்கை நொழைக்கறது....இல்லாட்டி தெரிஞ்சாலும் தெரியாவிட்டாலும்

கருத்தை சொல்லறது......இல்லாட்டி அவர்களுக்கு தலை வெடிக்கும் போலெ தோண்றது ....

Dear TBS Sir,

There is no problem in writing posts as long as it does not irritate the fellow members! :cool:

No two members can agree with each other 100%. :)

சாத்தான் வேதம் தறதைப்பற்றி படிச்சிருக்கேன்..................

..its just reaction to a person uploading video live.

Doctor Mam,

You are free to express your opinion,,, but that need not be always right....

Now what is the moral right one has to ask other to go back to their own country......

And what for the Government, Laws are there....?

Does that not amounts to overstepping ones liberty...?

How can it be a just reaction......??

Assaulting the other and abusing...

It is reported that it is a verbal attack...

At times verbal attacks prove more dangerous than physical attack.

Doctor Mam,

You are free to express your opinion,,, but that need not be always right....

Now what is the moral right one has to ask other to go back to their own country......

And what for the Government, Laws are there....?

Does that not amounts to overstepping ones liberty...?

How can it be a just reaction......??

Assaulting the other and abusing...

It is reported that it is a verbal attack...

At times verbal attacks prove more dangerous than physical attack.

Dear Sir,

I once told a person who was not behaving as well as he should to go back to his planet.

As it is we go by the press report besides the video

These are all teh some of the news clips speaks volume....

One thing is clear people are becoming intolerant

One can openly see such things which is a very serious concern

We should respect each ohter and every culture

And one does not any right to ask the other to 'Go back to your own country'

[h=1]Indian-origin man verbally attacked in New Zealand, told to go back to his own country[/h]Link: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-man-assault-new-zealand-racial-attack/1/898077.html
[h=1]Indian abused in New Zealand, told to go back to his own country[/h]
Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/indian-assaulted-in-new-zealand-told-to-go-back-to-his-own-country/articleshow/57497606.cms\
[h=1]Indian-origin man subjected to racial slurs in NZ; told to go back to his own country[/h][h=2]The abuser, who is seen in video wearing a grey Everlast t-shirt, also made tasteless remarks about Punjabi people[/h]Link: http://indianexpress.com/article/wo...d-told-to-go-back-to-his-own-country-4557578/
:

Dear Rudhran Sir...

Have you not seen traffic rage cases..sometimes I myself feel like showing some middle phalanx but using some foresight..I usually refrain from doing so cos it could escalate into a fight.

But men usually fight..yeh common yaar..all sorts of words will fly.

Out here once one woman got shot dead becos of a traffic fight..So this video is nothing actually
Its Kiwi vs Santa thats all.

There have been traffic fights here where people break windscreen of others with sledge hammer.

So whats the big deal here..as a female I myself feel this is nothing so why does a male that too a Punjabi need to feel so offended?

Punjus are known to be Shers..here he was being a bit less macho.
Here he is... Oye Ghora doing this..Oye
Ghora doing thatLOL!

Common yaar..either drive off or dont instigate an angry person and threaten to upload video online.

He was lucky he escaped sans injury and all of us got to see a pale gluteus maximus.

Last edited:

As it is, we go by the press reports and video clips:

These are all some of the news clips which speaks volume

One thing is clear that people are becoming intolerant

One can openly see such things which is a very serious concern

We should give respect to each other and cultures

Last but not the leat, no one has got any right to ask the other to 'go back to your own country' whch is nothing but high handed behaviour......
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indian assaulted in New Zealand, faces racist rant

Link: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...zealand-faces-racist-rant/article17419854.ece

Indian-origin man verbally attacked in New Zealand, told to go back to his own country

Link: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-man-assault-new-zealand-racial-attack/1/898077.html

Indian abused in New Zealand, told to go back to his own country

Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/indian-assaulted-in-new-zealand-told-to-go-back-to-his-own-country/articleshow/57497606.cms\

Indian-origin man subjected to racial slurs in NZ; told to go back to his own country

The abuser, who is seen in video wearing a grey Everlast t-shirt, also made tasteless remarks about Punjabi people

Link: http://indianexpress.com/article/wo...d-told-to-go-back-to-his-own-country-4557578/

Dear Rudhran Ji...when I was in India as a student sometimes when any student from another country was not aware of local culture and behaved not in accordance with the norm..it was very common to hear words like You NRIs..You Foreigners..You this..You that.

Its also a form of discrimination..but it never really affected anyone.

Dear Rudhran Ji...when I was in India as a student sometimes when any student from another country was not aware of local culture and behaved not in accordance with the norm..it was very common to hear words like You NRIs..You Foreigners..You this..You that.

Its also a form of discrimination..but it never really affected anyone.

Doctor Mam,

It is the tolerance level that matters.

Here at Chennai...

People protested for 'Jallikattu' though no one was directly a victim...they got the necessary orders passed by the Government

Some protested against oil leak though we were not directly affected.....
Chennai oil spill clean-up hit first by late response, then an understatement of magnitude ...The spill from a collision between two cargo ships on January 28 has damaged 40 km of coastline.
https://scroll.in/article/831025/ch...-response-then-an-understatement-of-magnitude

Now a Section is protesting against Coke..Pepsi, etc though no one is directly affected

And there is another section protesting against Hydrocarbon at Neduvasal,

So and and so forth......... :)

Btw why no Punjabi Galiyaans used to scold the Kiwi?LOL.

Surely that was not recordedLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back