• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

India Is Ignoring a Nightmare Snakebite Massacre

prasad1

An onslaught of fatal snakebite attacks is sweeping India and killing tens of thousands each year—and so far, the government’s response has been to ignore, trivialize, and cover up the crisis altogether.

A 2020 study, which was based on verbal autopsies, suggests that on average, close to 58,000 Indian citizens die each year due to snakebites. In contrast, the country’s government reports ridiculously low numbers: In 2018, the Health and Family Welfare minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey declared that only 689 snake-related deaths had occurred in India that year—a fraction of the figure referenced in the study, and one that any expert would quickly balk at.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doctors in the country also say that there is a lack of awareness among the masses about how to seek immediate help, which drastically increases causality numbers. “An overwhelming majority of the cases are asymptomatic, bitten by non-venomous snakes. Yet we have many casualties and morbidities because of lack of awareness” says Dr. Ramachandra Kumar, a government doctor from Nalanda Medical College and Hospital in the eastern Indian state of Bihar.

“What we see is that the patients bitten by snakes suffer other injuries like cuts and bruises which aggravate the problem. In order to ooze out the blood, people make cuts around the snakebite area using whatever available accessories like knives and stilettos. They even apply pressure by tying cloth near the bite to stop blood reaching to other parts of the body," says Kumar, explaining that these DIY treatment methods often lead to further complications.

According to Visvanathan, without support from the government, there’s no end to India’s snakebite crisis in sight.

“The major problem with the snakebite is we actually lack data, we don’t have a baseline data and we don’t have the mechanism to capture the gravity of the problem,” he said. “The government, for some strange reason, is sitting on it.”

https://news.yahoo.com/india-ignori...e-085042370.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=ma

Snake bites reduce population, nature's way of population control - Vedanti venu
Did you really want to make such a callous statement?
The worst monsters of the world, who perpetuated horrendous crimes against humanity like Hitler would not make a statement like that.

Where is empathy? or do you think your statement was funny? Let me tell you, it is not funny.:cry:

Did you really want to make such a callous statement?
The worst monsters of the world, who perpetuated horrendous crimes against humanity like Hitler would not make a statement like that.

Where is empathy? or do you think your statement was funny? Let me tell you, it is not funny.:cry:
Sorry bogus empathy will not wave people. One has to see God's hand in all death (even in mine). The truth is we are encroaching the living space of animals and snakes. Snakes come to catch mice and rats. But biting people is not it's intention. We never try to understand the nature and take precaution.

Did you or other go the villages and try to educate them. ? Do people listen? These deaths are predetermined. Once I was in deep sleep a huge Kodi Sarpa- most venomous snake was slithering through my side. My whole house tried to awake me but I was in deep sleep. The snake moved out. If I have to die, it would would have killed me. So, please don't shed crocodile tears.

Rat population increases because people don't want to kill them as they are considered the carrier of Vinayaga (Mushiga Vahana). They don't store food carefully. So, rat population is increasing and the snakes are after their dinner. So, it is pathetic to show sympathy without you going through every village and educate the people and safe them from snake bites.

I have done social service with poor, but nothing could change them. Indians pretend they know all and outsiders are ignorant.

Ignorant people in Africa too die when black Mumba bites them. Do we shed tears fro them as they too are our cousins.

COVID is killing and sympathizing is not saving any one, but that is how nature controls uncontrollable human reproduction and encouraging on forests and other areas where these snakes wants to live.

Should ask you “what is your hidden agenda living in USA without coming to India and help these people from snake bites”?

Most tropical diseases are not understood in the West, as they seldom have it. When an immigrant brings the disease, it takes them a long time to decode the disease. The solution involves huge investment- billions of dollars- and the return on the investment is very low. We can see many diseases in India do not have solutions as the West can not and will not get involved to give away free medicine, when we have never directly contributed to their economy. We think in terms of welfare, they think in terms of business according to their constitution. US constitution includes property rights including intellectual property right as a fundamental right and thus thrived. Our UK trained politicians choose to follow the British system which even Britten does not care about. Our forefathers while sacrificed their life to get freedom it is a pity there was not even one intellectual who thought about the implementation and governance. We can sit in India and shout about USA or Britain it is immoral. Do we pay taxes to USA to expect help? But we do punish those countries by exporting most useless people for every really great intellectual.

Now many will argue that I am against India etc. Not at all. I have been doing social service from a very young age and have found that unless almost every one participate in the social services – must be made compulsory to get any public benefit- thus feel very sad. I have helped a dozen or so people which are drop in a bucket. Thus, I am writing based on my own experience.

The first thing is to accept our mistakes and then work out ways to remedy them. We are still talking about quota without realizing that poor children and their mothers need prenatal care from conception and nurturing before they can be equal. Just taking some free floating intellectual (0.0001 %) from them and giving them quota does not help the castes as a whole. Nutrition, health care, prenatal care, KG strategies, quality education and food etc., are the best way to uplift all castes. But that will be only a dream.
I know this forum can not and will not solve the problems of Brahmans, therefore let us share only opportunities here and leave blaming others for our troubles on the way side.

Latest ads

Back