• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

In search of fair babies, Indians chase Caucasian donors for IVF Shobita Dhar, TNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Mayuri Singhal, 36, married into a fair-skinned family. She herself is what is often described in matrimonial columns as 'wheatish'. When she couldn't conceive, she walked into an IVF clinic with her demand: a 'white' baby. "I had read on the internet that one could access a donor who is fair. I decided to opt for one so that the child blends in with the family."

According to the World Health Organization, there are close to 19 million infertile couples in India and their numbers are growing. "Couples who come for in-vitro fertilization (IVF) list out specifications — the egg or sperm donor should be educated, fair, have blue eyes," says Dr Rita Bakshi, an IVF expert. Dr Bakshi says roughly 70% clients ask for fair donors.

None of this deters couples like Suresh and Supriya Shetty from Hyderabad who scouted for a donor fairer than them. "We are so grateful that our daughter Vani is as white as milk. There is no denying that it is easier to get fair girls married," says Suresh who came to Ahmedabad to get IVF treatment done.

In search of fair babies, Indians chase Caucasian donors for IVF - The Times of India

Is this a way to keep our Verna or caste from dwindling away.

I know it is an expensive procedure and probably used only by rich people in India. But it shows the trend, then may be they need not use IVF to get fair babies. The cost of IVF is conning down so middle class may opt for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back