• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sis,

We are also slowly moving towards trashing culture but not like those in the U S of A. :)

Two shallow plastic boxes were about to be trashed, after finishing the food packed inside; but I grabbed them.

It can hold 4 chapathis /idlis and are leak proof too. Now, I am using them while travelling! :thumb:

We trash items after using at least hundred times. :becky:

Dear Sis,

We are also slowly moving towards trashing culture but not like those in the U S of A. :)

Two shallow plastic boxes were about to be trashed, after finishing the food packed inside; but I grabbed them.

It can hold 4 chapathis /idlis and are leak proof too. Now, I am using them while travelling! :thumb:

....that too SINCE it can not be used any more ! :)

Everything comes in specially designed containers but all are trashed later.
I saved two rectangular trays which came with Cashew cakes for storing odd little items.

The volume of trash people create here is mind blowing. :shocking:
Huge trash cans - at least two per week!

Some people leave voluminous black trash bags in addition to these.
It is atrocious that even the heavy duty milk cans must be recycled.

Colorado may be more Eco-friendly,.
There we can return the 4 liter milk cans for reuse
and pay only for the milk contained in it. :)

A sculptor can 'see' the figure hiding in a rock.
He removes all the portions which do not belong to that figure.
AND presto! The figure comes to life.
Similarly we see the hidden uses everything to be discarded
and intercept before they reach the recycle bin! :)

EZ Bajji!

When you are in a hurry to make snacks of some gate-crashing-guests, here is an easy way to make bajji.

Mix some kadalai mAvu with idli maavu; add a wee bit salt, chilli powder and perungAyam powder.

Add some water and mix it to bajji mAvu consistency. Break small sized appaLams into halves;

dip them in the batter and deep fry. Yummy bajjis of equal size
will be ready! :hungry:

Note: Please click on image to enlarge! :D

EZ Bajji.jpg

EZ Bajji!

When you are in a hurry to make snacks of some gate-crashing-guests, here is an easy way to make bajji.

Mix some kadalai mAvu with idli maavu; add a wee bit salt, chilli powder and perungAyam powder.

Add some water and mix it to bajji mAvu consistency. Break small sized appaLams into halves;

dip them in the batter and deep fry. Yummy bajjis of equal size
will be ready! :hungry:

Note: Please click on image to enlarge! :D

View attachment 5931
hi

i remember one story....somebody make like this dish in USA...she put it whattspp/face book....every body liked and

appreciated.....except her husband...becoz husband tasted and got dysentry....SO HE NEVER LIKED HER FOOD PIC IN

FACE BOOK..

Good points for an argument we invariably get only after the argument is over. Likewise some good ides too. From "Idea Thilakam" i hope you will evolve into an ideal Thilakam. Since you have converted a chain into one for you and the other for your grandchild, ஒரே கல்லுலே ரெண்டு மாங்காயா? இல்லை மங்கையா? மங்கைன்னு நான் நீங்க இங்கிலீஷுலெ எழுதினது ரைட்டாவோ தப்பாவோ படிச்சிட்டேன். Still better ides next time. With good wishes

That way we Indians are better in that we produce less trash in view of our recycle economy. The world's largest solid waste producer is UNITED STATES. But the pity is that even with the comparatively smaller quantum of waste, we Indians are experts in polluting the environment grossly in view of our ignorance and lethargy combined

Dear Sis,

You are so right. I suppose it is our frugal nature. We do reuse plastic ziploc bags multiple times. The plastic grocery store bag gets a new life as trash can liner.

.......... Since you have converted a chain into one for you and the other for your grandchild, ஒரே கல்லுலே ரெண்டு மாங்காயா? இல்லை மங்கையா? மங்கைன்னு நான் நீங்க இங்கிலீஷுலெ எழுதினது ரைட்டாவோ தப்பாவோ படிச்சிட்டேன். Still better ides next time. With good wishes
Thank you Guru Ji! :)

Now a days, I use capital letters to avoid confusion.

'mAngAi' would have avoided the confusion between 'maangaai' and 'mangai' ! :D

When we are going on a Holiday & when we lock our houses the indoor plants do not get water & they die...Now there is a technique shared in CNET...You can use any bottle with a long neck (like Kissan bottle)

Water your plants while you're away with this simple tip

Head over to your recycling bin and grab a couple of these to keep your plants alive while you're on vacation

f3ehowmk2kjriopwzezj.png

Don't pay someone to water your plants while you're on vacation. Save that money for some sweet flip-flops and, instead, rummage through your recycling bin. All you need to make a automatic plant waterer is a wine bottle.

1. Water your plants like you normally would
  2. Fill up the wine bottle with water
  3. Hold the wine bottle over the plant's pot
  4. Flip the bottle over and quickly stick the neck of the bottle into the soil
  5. Lean the bottle against the edge of the pot to keep it upright
Now, you would think all of the water would just pour out of the bottle into the plant and create an indoor swamp. Nope. Since the soil is already wet, the water in the bottle won't flow into the soil. As the soil gradually dries, it absorbs water from the bottle, little by little.
A wine bottle of water typically lasts one week in larger plants, like potted trees, and two to three weeks in smaller plants, like ivys and begonias. I've been using this trick for years and I've never been greeted by the wilted forms of my leafy pets upon returning home.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/water-y...9ee4&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Last edited:
When the mixer grinder blade becomes blunt, the easiest way to sharpen it is to powder half a cup of rock salt. :cool:

Feed back Will be appreciated!

J was served 2 dosas for dinner just now
One fresh from தாேச கல் Another refreshed or reheated in micro ! J is not aware of this - when specifically asked he says he could find no difference!

The second dosas is 4 days old I parked in Aluminum Foil and put it in the freezer on Thursday and on Monday (to day) it tastes same ! This is my first trial ! I will let you know if it causes any tummy upset tomorrow!

One fresh from தாேச கல் Another refreshed or reheated in micro ! J is not aware of this - when specifically asked he says he could find no difference!

The second dosas is 4 days old I parked in Aluminum Foil and put it in the freezer on Thursday and on Monday (to day) it tastes same ! This is my first trial ! I will let you know if it causes any tummy upset tomorrow!

JJ Madam,

I would prefer having food fresh...We should discard food that is more than 1 day old...This will keep us healthy

There is a possibilty that even with all precautions,there could be fungus .

Many housewives recycle and consume old food in frig. reheating it a day or two later.

These days middle class homes one finds frig of large size 330 litres and more leading to more old cooked foods being stored.

Microwave is being increasingly used to reheat old food in addition to making appalam without oil.

I can put up with the latter but not the former.

One is bound to get hurt due to recycling of food items.

I can understand poor have some reason for it to justify.

Even they put water in old cooked rice in pots and consume later.

This is rural wisdom.

When we are going on a Holiday & when we lock our houses the indoor plants do not get water & they die...Now there is a technique shared in CNET...You can use any bottle with a long neck (like Kissan bottle)

Water your plants while you're away with this simple tip

Head over to your recycling bin and grab a couple of these to keep your plants alive while you're on vacation

f3ehowmk2kjriopwzezj.png

Don't pay someone to water your plants while you're on vacation. Save that money for some sweet flip-flops and, instead, rummage through your recycling bin. All you need to make a automatic plant waterer is a wine bottle.

1. Water your plants like you normally would
  2. Fill up the wine bottle with water
  3. Hold the wine bottle over the plant's pot
  4. Flip the bottle over and quickly stick the neck of the bottle into the soil
  5. Lean the bottle against the edge of the pot to keep it upright
Now, you would think all of the water would just pour out of the bottle into the plant and create an indoor swamp. Nope. Since the soil is already wet, the water in the bottle won't flow into the soil. As the soil gradually dries, it absorbs water from the bottle, little by little.
A wine bottle of water typically lasts one week in larger plants, like potted trees, and two to three weeks in smaller plants, like ivys and begonias. I've been using this trick for years and I've never been greeted by the wilted forms of my leafy pets upon returning home.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/water-y...9ee4&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
My first floor lady waters my plants using a pipe which she redirects to pots at my flat in addition to her own pots in first floor.

Since anyway she keeps looking into my flat to see what is going on, I thought why not put her to work.lol

My first floor lady waters my plants using a pipe which she redirects to pots at my flat in addition to her own pots in first floor.

Since anyway she keeps looking into my flat to see what is going on, I thought why not put her to work.lol
What an idea, Sir Ji!! :lol:

Dear J J ji,

Reheating oily stuff in microwave is not good for health! But, I have noticed that if dOsA is reheated in microwave,

it becomes crispy! My d i l calls it biscuit dOsA!! :)

P.S: My grand kids eat only dOsAs for breakfast and the elder one wants it to be topped with a bit of grated cheese!

... I would prefer having food fresh...We should discard food that is more than 1 day old...This will keep us healthy
Ram wants hot fresh food right from the gas stove!

My son's comment: Amma makes online food for Appa! ;)

OMG! Americans tell the world the benefits of 'pazhaya sAdham'!!

Nutritional and Health Benefits of Overnight Cooked Rice:

American Nutrition Association has listed lots of wonderful benefits if you stick to the practice of eating such soaked rice

as a breakfast in morning. This keeps the body light and also energetic. Overnight Cooked Rice contains lots of Beneficial

bacteria in abundance for the body. Most of your Stomach ailments disappear with consuming Overnight Cooked Rice.

The excessive body heat retained in the body is neutralized. There is lots of fiber in Overnight Cooked Rice (with bran)

removes constipation and also dullness in the body. For this purpose you must eat unpolished rice with lot of bran. Rice

without bran is not have much nutritional properties. This also benefits in getting normal Blood pressure and hypertension.

Source:
Overnight Cooked Rice as a super Healthy Breakfast

Why this dosas tried ? Last week there was a Food Tech exhibition in Tamukam grounds One of our friends a classmate of my son is in the நாெறுக்கு தீனி industry - employing 30 With high end machanised kitchen - He knows my flair for cooking and takes my tips to maintain the quality - taste - shelf life etc He is expanding the product range to frozen - pre cooked - instant etc This is one on the line to be in the market after standardization and pre launch survey It is intial first step - Try it in your kitchen and let me have your feed back and suggestions

Food tasting is an excellent profession.

Tasters of tea are in high demand in assam tea gardens.

Tasting of indian snacks can also become a special niche area.

Increased mechanisation and bulk marketing call for special attention to taste for making a product successful.

The advantages I find in the new type of stitching.

1. Cotton comfort of the underskirt.

2. No bulge because of the first set of pleats.

3. No extra bump due to the 'thAr' portion which goes all the way back up to the hip!

4. Easy to wash and dry for 'madi' purpose; especially the first portion which can be dried using a shirt hanger. :cool:

5. Look as slim as possible. :)

6. Easier walking because of light attire. :thumb:

Very interesting,

2.how many pleats do you have I initially made 7 but now I feel better with 9

5. Itend to look really bulky, given the fact I am thin and tall.

6.walking is still a problem , going to try to push the kosuvam a bit deeper. And make 3 knots and tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back