• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Sing. Chennai, almost all the houses have at least one daily sheet calender hanging on the wall. The bundle of sheets will be

fixed with three sharp nails hit from the back of the card board. So, after about six months, when the bundle becomes thin, the

nails will show out! When we pass nearby, there is a chance to get hurt! Here is a simple
icon3.png
! Remove the nails and make small

cuts on the sides of the card board just enough to hold a twine thread. Fix the thread as seen in the picture with a knot at the

backside. Hang the bundle in the middle. The thread may be kept on December 1st and later on moved to the last sheet!

P.S: This idea is for 2013 daily sheet calender!! :)

IMG_3975.JPG

The keyboard of my PC is in black color. Within one year of constant use, the letters became dull. I never noticed it, because

I see the keyboard only to type out numbers and not for the alphabets, comma and full stop! Some of my guests struggle with

the keyboard. Actually, one guest suggested to me to buy a new keyboard. Then, I thought that I should do something. I was

waiting for nice alphabets in print and then came an advertisement for a pain balm! Yes... That was what I expected. I cut off

the alphabets carefully but Q, W, K and Z were missing! So O with a tail became Q; upside down M became W; a stroke to Y gave

K and N became Z! I fixed all the letters using cello-tape. Wow! The keyboard has a clear look now!
icon3.png

IMG_3950.JPG

You can get Alphabet stickers in children's section or from scrapbook stores.

small-alphabet-stickers-2.jpg

When we travel in trains, there are no cups provided near the wash basins. Taking a plastic cup occupies space.

So, it is a good idea to take a small empty packet which can hold about half a glass of water. This could be stored

flat when not in use! It will be very useful while brushing the teeth and rinsing the mouth after eating.
:spit:

IMG_3974.JPG

WOW ultimate recycle. Great idea.

You can get Alphabet stickers in children's section or from scrapbook stores. ...
I live in Sing. Chennai. Our stores don't have small letters! May be my son can send it from Boston!

They give alphabets with VIP suit cases. But ours were probably lost!

Even then, what can I do for numbers 1 and ! ; 2 and @ etc? :)

rajiji,
English - HIndi Bilingual Keyboard Sticker ReplyDealerNewKeyboards

High Quality Bilingual Keyboard Sticker made of Non-tereble Vinyl with high quality adhesive for long life. Available Layouts : Devnagri - Remington(White/Cream Base with Blue(Hindi) Black (English) Character Print)- See the attached image Devnagri...23-Dec-12
Rs. 360
computer keyboard in Computer Peripherals, Quikr

............ High Quality Bilingual Keyboard Sticker made of Non-tereble Vinyl with high quality adhesive for long life. Available Layouts : Devnagri - Remington(White/Cream Base with Blue(Hindi) Black (English) Character Print)- See the attached image Devnagri...23-Dec-12 - Rs. 360.........
Thanks for the info, Sir.

So, I spent two hours time and saved Rs. 360/- !! :cool:

The finished results may be worth it!!!!! AHEM
I know that Prasad Sir!! :pound:

We siblings have nick named such ideas as 'Kumaran brand'. Shall tell you the story!

In our village, we had one carpenter - Kumaran - who is very efficient but will NOT give good finish to his products.

He made a duplicate almirah like 'Godrej' brand, using wooden boards and aluminium sheet! Since he could not get

the handle, he bought one form the 'kAyalAn kadai' and it was the door handle of a car!! So you can imagine how

the finished product would have been!! :D (My younger sister uses it now!)

Anyway, as I wrote earlier, I seldom see the keyboard while typing... So it is for the 'pleasure' of the users who see it
! :cool: . :thumb:

I wish to keep away pests without killing them, as far as possible. But when kids visit our house, we need the 'mosquito bat'

to kill the few which enter through the main and back doors of the house. The nets on the windows are not enough to keep them

all out! But, the problem is that once the bat is dropped on the floor, it will NOT work. Ram bought a newer model with the

provision of a light in the handle... probably to search for the mosquitoes in dark!! As expected, one of us dropped it down and

the bat went on strike! I felt bad to throw it away since the light and recharging unit were working. I separated the top portion

of the bat from the handle and fixed a piece of thick paper to cover the tip. Now the rechargeable torch light is ready! :thumb:

IMG_3967.JPG

The Happy New Year brought a new daily sheet calender. Last year I liked the Travel's calender

very much. This year my favorite is this Ganesha - Lakshmi -lAbam calender, which is given by

a shoe mart! 'Idea thilakam' did not like to see the word 'shoe' every morning and so covered

all the letters with colorful pieces from a greeting card! :thumb:

The twine thread too is ready for JUNE!! :D

IMG_3989.JPG

Raji Madam

one more Idea, take only the sheet portion of daily sheet calender to US, when you go over there next time!!

........ take only the sheet portion of daily sheet calender to US, when you go over there next time!!
P J Sir,

I have already sent one bundle to my son and one to my sister in law, through our (Ram & me) niece who visited us for winter break! :D

Raji Madam

Being a Doctor's daughter why you did not study Medicine and become a Doctor?
Dear P J Sir,

என் சோகக் கதைப் பகுதியைக் கிளறுகின்றீர்கள்! சங்கீதம் என் முதல் விருப்பம். ஆனால் சங்கீதம் படிக்க சரித்திரம் ஒரு

பாடமாக அமையும்! (Music - main; History - ancillary) எனக்கு சரித்திரப் பாடம் எட்டிக் காய்! மருத்துவம் படிக்க, புகுமுக

வகுப்பில் (P U C) தவளை, எலி, கரப்பான் பூச்சி இன்ன பிற அறுக்க வேண்டும். இதுவும் பிடிக்காத விஷயமே. தவளையை

அறுக்க முடியாதவள், எப்படி 'மருத்துவி' ஆவேன்?? கணிதம் நன்றாக வரும் என்பதால், வேறு வழியின்றி, கணித
த்தில்

முதுகலை (M Sc) பட்டம் பெற்றேன்!

1976-வது ஆண்டின் சிறந்த வீணை இசை இளம் கலைஞராகத் தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டு, திருச்சி மற்றும் கரூர் இசை

மேடைகளில் வீணை வாசித்ததும், விசாகப் பட்டணத்தில் அகில இந்திய வானொலியில் வீணை இசைத்ததும் என்

இள வயது சாதனைகள்! இப்போது
சங்கீதம் கற்பித்து
, என் இசை ஆர்வத்தைத் தீர்த்துக்கொள்ளுகிறேன். :cool:

Dear P J Sir,

என் சோகக் கதைப் பகுதியைக் கிளறுகின்றீர்கள்! சங்கீதம் என் முதல் விருப்பம். ஆனால் சங்கீதம் படிக்க சரித்திரம் ஒரு

பாடமாக அமையும்! (Music - main; History - ancillary) எனக்கு சரித்திரப் பாடம் எட்டிக் காய்! மருத்துவம் படிக்க, புகுமுக

வகுப்பில் (P U C) தவளை, எலி, கரப்பான் பூச்சி இன்ன பிற அறுக்க வேண்டும். இதுவும் பிடிக்காத விஷயமே. தவளையை

அறுக்க முடியாதவள், எப்படி 'மருத்துவி' ஆவேன்?? கணிதம் நன்றாக வரும் என்பதால், வேறு வழியின்றி, கணித
த்தில்

முதுகலை (M Sc) பட்டம் பெற்றேன்!

1976-வது ஆண்டின் சிறந்த வீணை இசை இளம் கலைஞராகத் தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டு, திருச்சி மற்றும் கரூர் இசை

மேடைகளில் வீணை வாசித்ததும், விசாகப் பட்டணத்தில் அகில இந்திய வானொலியில் வீணை இசைத்ததும் என்

இள வயது சாதனைகள்! இப்போது
சங்கீதம் கற்பித்து
, என் இசை ஆர்வத்தைத் தீர்த்துக்கொள்ளுகிறேன். :cool:
hi RR madam,
i strongly believe that the SIX important things in our life based on poorva janma karma phala...its not our choice....

its purely chance/luck..many disagree with me...but its my analysis.....my opinion too....THE SIX THINGS ARE....BIRTH....EDUCATION...

JOB.....WIFE ....CHILDREN....DEATH.... i may be wrong...ppl have different opinions....

Raji Madam

You got so much of Talent in you; very nice to know about your knowledge in Veena also.

The original name for Saraswati Veena was Kacchapi Veena – meaning the main resonator was in the shape of a tortoise back.Saraswati Veena traces its name to the acclaimed painting of the great artist Raja Ravi Verma.

MA Saraswathi Veena points to the collective sound of all our thoughts and actions as it is manifest as music in the cosmic universe; it marks the withdrawal of the senses and the focus needed to attain knowledge. Placing the left hand on top of the veena closer to the heart shows that knowledge should be used for the good of others. Placing the right hand on the bottom shows that negative knowledge should be kept under control. The veena points to the potential for the negative and positive purposes of knowledge--the choice is left to the person as to which type of knowledge is used.

Since you also mastered this Art, true to its meaning, you spread your knowledge for the good of others.

..........THE SIX THINGS ARE....BIRTH....EDUCATION...JOB.....WIFE ....CHILDREN....DEATH.... i may be wrong...ppl have different opinions....
Dear T B S Sir,

Just one change: BIRTH .... EDUCATION ... JOB ..... SPOUSE .... CHILDREN .... DEATH ... :)

மனைவி அமைவதெல்லாம் இறைவன் கொடுத்த வரம் என்பதைப் போலவே

கணவன் அமைவதெல்லாம் இறைவன் கொடுத்த வரம். :angel:

Thank you P J Sir for your post on Veena.

There will be markings for the basic 'Sa Ri Ga Ma Pa Dha Ni' in both octaves for the rAgam MAyAmALavagowla.

Once, a few of the marking beads in one of my veenas ( I have four with me) fell down. I took the
thick silver

color paper from a Br
ooke Bond tea packet and made circular pieces with the help of a punching machine.

Those shiny pieces were fixed with feviquick paste to replace the beads. :thumb:

P J Sir,

I have already sent one bundle to my son and one to my sister in law, through our (Ram & me) niece who visited us for winter break! :D

Raji Madam

Just outside T Nagar Post office ( Pondy Bazar) , you will find a shop with packing material to send parcel through Post Office; They pack very neatly ; They help in every way , and even stand in the line before Registered Parcel Counter , and get the proper Receipt from Post office; that way we are relieved of standing in the line ; They may be charging a little extra than those Post Office men do the packing.
We used to send Sweets, to UK/US like this.

Raji Madam

Just outside T Nagar Post office ( Pondy Bazar) , you will find a shop with packing material to send parcel through Post Office; They pack very neatly ; They help in every way , and even stand in the line before Registered Parcel Counter , and get the proper Receipt from Post office; that way we are relieved of standing in the line ; They may be charging a little extra than those Post Office men do the packing.
We used to send Sweets, to UK/US like this.
PJji,
Is there a name for this shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back