• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to be Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
A,B and C are three persons.
A is related to B.
A and B are not related to C.
But when A feels happy
C shares the happiness
and B does not.
Sounds weird but it is TRUE!
Human mind (MAYA DEVI?) is the most
complex thing in God's entire Creation!

But, does it mean that B is not happy?

Suppose A is a mom of B. She brings up the child who is so fond of chocolates with
discipline and makes sure B does not eat them too often and too much and every time B asks for
it she tries to convince B that there are something else to eat etc.,
One day this C comes home and brings a lot of these stuff, shows it to B, but A asks her to thank C
but return all but just 1. However C convinces B to take all the stuff and tells B that once
in a while eating as much as you like is no big deal blah, blah, blah etc.,
of course B is very happy with C and C shares the happiness, but not A.

Some of our members may be curious to take this test!!

Try it out...

Happiness Quiz

:gossip: my score is 69 :D

Thanks for the posting this...My score was 83...I liked the Analysis part on completion of Quiz:

Research has shown that people who set challenging (but achievable) personal goals for themselves, who are intrinsically motivated (e.g. driven by a sense of achievement rather than money or status), and who generally believe that the course of their life is in their hands tend to be much happier than those who don’t. Of course, a positive outlook on life definitely helps as well!
Cheers

Suppose A is a mom of B. ......... However C convinces B to take all the stuff and tells B that once
Can't you find out who those A, B and C are?
I thought you are good at :spy: work!! :pound:

How very creative.:clap2:

You wrote a short story out of

three English alphabets!!! :cool:

Suppose A is a mom of B. She brings up the child who is so fond of chocolates with
discipline and makes sure B does not eat them too often and too much and every time B asks for
it she tries to convince B that there are something else to eat etc.,
One day this C comes home and brings a lot of these stuff, shows it to B, but A asks her to thank C
but return all but just 1. However C convinces B to take all the stuff and tells B that once

One of my close relatives got upset over her son's love marriage and started behaving like a 'sanyAsini'!

No preparation of tasty food at home, no jewels worn, no conversation with anyone and stayed alone all the time!
:pout:

Her husband went nuts! Ram and I were appointed to talk to her and bring her back to normal - free counselling! :D

This is what I wrote on my way back home, in the train!

ஆனந்த ஜோதி பரவட்டும்

நினைப்பதெல்லாம் நடந்துவிட்டால் தெய்வம் ஏதுமில்லை;
நடந்ததையே நினைத்திருந்தால் அமைதி என்றுமில்லை!!

வண்ணத்திரை இசை வரிகளேயானாலும்,
கண்ணெனப் போற்ற வேண்டிய உண்மை வரிகள்!

வெந்ததைத் தின்று, சோர்வுடன் உறங்கி,
இந்திரியங்களை அடக்கினேன் எனச் சொல்லி,

புன்சிரிப்பும் இல்லாமல், அன்புமொழி பேசாமல்,
உன்மத்தர் போல் வாழ்வது என்ன வாழ்வு?

தனி மரம் தோப்பாகாது என உணரவேண்டும்.
இனி வரும் நாட்களில் ஆனந்த ஜோதி பரவ வேண்டும்!

உற்ற துணையுடன் நட்புடன் பழகவேண்டும்!
குற்றம் குறை மறந்து இனிதாய் வாழ வேண்டும்!

ஒரே போல ஐந்து விரல்களே இருக்காது!
ஒரே போல நற்குணத்தை எவரிடமும் காண இயலாது!

ஒரே காசில் பூவும் தலையும் உள்ளது - அதுபோல்
ஒரே மனிதனுள் குணமும், கோபமும் உள்ளது!

'குணம் நாடிக் குற்றமும் நாடி அவற்றுள்
மிகைநாடி மிக்கக் கொளல்' - என்பது வள்ளுவம்!

சுற்றம் என்பது ஆண்டவன் நமக்கு அளிப்பது - அதன்
குற்றங்களை மறந்திடுவோம்! குணங்களைப் போற்றிடுவோம்!

குணம் போற்றிக் குற்றம் மறந்து வாழ்ந்தால்,
கணம் கூடத் துன்பம் நம்மை வந்து தீண்டாது!

எத்தனை ஆண்டுகள் வாழ்வோமென எவருக்கும் தெரிவதில்லை!
அத்தனை ஆண்டுகளும் அன்பு காட்டி வாழாவிட்டால் பெருமையில்லை!

தனிமைதான் மனிதனின் எதிரிகளில் பெரிது;
தனிமையில் இன்பம் கண்டால் மீண்டு வருதல் அரிது!

சுற்றத்தார் நலம்தானே முதன்மையான இன்பம்!
சுற்றத்தாரை வருத்தி நின்றால், வந்துவிடும் துன்பம்!

ஏற்றத்தாழ்வு எல்லோர் வாழ்விலும் வருவது உண்மை.
குற்ற உணர்வின்றி அதை ஏற்று வாழ்தல் திண்மை!

இல்லத்தில் இன்பம் பெருக, இன்முகமே முதன்மை!
இல்லத்தரசி நல்லுடையில் இன்முகம் காட்டுதல் கடமை!!

:yo:

Post # 67...

One of my friend's comments:

The "KAVITHAI" is quite understandable. At the same time there are

husbands who cares their wives for guiding in many ways. For example:

1. Even today there are home makers (including my wife) do not know to

change the gas cylinder when it needs to be changed.

2. On many occasions I have heard personally that their daughters are

suffering because of misunderstanding that comes often between the

daughters and their husbands, while she openly prefer comments that

her daughters-in-law are very happy at her home. Without knowing the

(refuse to accept) consequences that may crop up at her own house

when her sons arrive such type of misunderstanding.

3.In most of the time, I have seen that elderly home makers are

reluctant to make the home happy and there are a number of them

are always searching occasions or reasons for creating self sympathy.

IT IS "THEDI PIDICHU VENDADHADHUKKELLAM PULAMBARADHU"

4. I am seeing a number of aged husbands are helping their wives in

their day-to-day activities.

hello madam ,post36, you happen to mention as a journalist ,which is very famillar so as to say iamrelated to late selVi .KUYILI RAJAESWARI,a well known journalist,art critic ,who wrote in pen name KUYILI.,who was my own paternal aunt.so value ,worth of the job is very well known from my childhood.by the way ,yes ,iam put up in chennai ,if its not a trouble with tight time schedule ,iam happy to meet you mam.(if pls let me know )thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Dear doctor,
Nice to know that your aunt was a popular journalist and critic.
I have the visa interview on 19th. Otherwise I will be free. But we both must first get Mrs. Raji Ram's permission and find out her free time since I will will be staying with her.
May be we can fix up a time through private message.
with warm regards, :pray2:
Visalakshi.

hello madam ,post36, you happen to mention as a journalist ,which is very famillar so as to say iamrelated to late selVi .KUYILI RAJAESWARI,a well known journalist,art critic ,who wrote in pen name KUYILI.,who was my own paternal aunt.so value ,worth of the job is very well known from my childhood.by the way ,yes ,iam put up in chennai ,if its not a trouble with tight time schedule ,iam happy to meet you mam.(if pls let me know )thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Let me tell an oft-repeated story (which was reportedly told by Pandit Nehru to a group of farmers then in UP). There was a farmer living in a small house with his wife , children, parents and in-laws. Other than farming, he had four buffaloes to eke out extra income to maintain the family. Of course, the home was congested. Weary of the problems, the farmer went to see a sadhu whom the whole village was flocking to as he camped there, to find a solution to his problem. On his turn the farmer explained to the sadhu his difficulties in the hope the ‘mahaan’ would give him a solution. After listening to him, the sadhu said “Listen to me”. “Where are the buffaloes now?” The farmer replied” in the backyard of my house”. Sadhu “there you are, bring those buffaloes inside the house and tie them up there.” “Come and meet me after 10 days” the sadhu advised. The faithful farmer did so and found his problems had multiplied. So innocent and faithful, the farmer went back to the sadhu after 10 days and narrated that his sufferings had increased. “Is it so” the sadhu wondered. He said, “now you do one thing”. “Get those buffaloes outside and tie them up there”. The faithful farmer went back and did what the sadhu said. The next day the farmer scurried back to sadhu and fell at the sadhu’s feet “shaashtaang”. “Swamiji aaptho Mahaanhai and I have no problems now and I am happy” said the grateful farmer. Moral : Be happy wherever and however you are.

A big part of finding true happiness can be becoming very clear on your purpose for being here on this journey of life.Do you know your purpose? Have you ever considered that to be happy, figuring out your purpose will propel you quickly in the desired direction? Is there more than one purpose for your life? Its easy to answer these questions.There is no need to waste your valuable time on techniques or methods to answer this question or for achieving happiness, to be happy does not require that you add something more to yourself or for that matter, get rid of an aspect of yourself.To be happy simply requires that you focus your attention on the perfection you already are and the happiness that already naturally exists as your birthright. Part of that perfection is your god given role on this planet.You are here for a reason and you will be ecstatic when you deeply feel sure about what that reason is.Ask yourself the question right now. "What is my purpose in life?" don't beat yourself up ever again, and certainly if the answer to this timeless question does not appear immediately.

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy - YouTube

How to be Happy <<How To Be Happy

:cool:

Last edited:
சந்தோஷத்தைக் கெடுக்கும் முதல் எதிரி பொறாமை! பொறாமை, வெறுப்பை வளர்க்கும்;

வெறுப்பு, கோபத்தை வளர்க்கும்; கோபம், நல்லறிவை மறைக்கும்;
அதனால் சந்தோஷம் கெடும்!

எல்லோரும் இன்புற்றிருக்க நினைப்பவர், என்றும் இன்ப நிலையில் இருப்பர்! :dance:

#1233 in Life is like that!

This is a mullah story which I always like to share.

A poor man visited the clever mullah and told him, "My family is so big and my house so small. I am at my wit's ends. Please tell me what to do" :frusty:

By questioning him mullah learned that the man owned half a dozen goats and a dozen hens.

He advised the man, "Make sure that you keep all your goats and hens inside the house during the nights. Come and see me after four days!"

The man did as was told. But when he came back he was mad with rage. :mmph:

"Already my house is too small for our needs. With the goats and hens crowding house, we could hardly sleep. Their stench and the smell in addition to their activities":flock:

Mullah told him to drive out every bird and animal and clean the house. He told the man to come to him the next day.

The man was grinning from ear to ear when he came the next day, "Thank you sir! I never knew that my house was so big and so convenient. Thank you for opening my eyes."

Moral of the story...The principle of the two lines...one long and one short!

The larger difficulties will make the smaller difficulties feel like Heaven.
:happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back