• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How rishis perform penance

ANIRUTH58

Dear sir,
I have heard that rishis perform penance for a long period without food and water. they also perform it in a stage called nishtai. they dont even move from the place of dhyanam. many rishis are gruhastas. according to shastras gruhastas are required to perform nithya karmas like sandhyavandanam and oupasanam, etc. my question is as follows:
1. how can they perform tapas for a long time without performing their nithya karma?
2. how rishis manage to penance for a long time without food and water?
3. what is called power of penance (தவவலிமை)?
4. do they need guru's guidance for these things?

i request you to clarify my above mentioned doubts. I know that penance is not kaliyuga dharma.but please answer my questions

Latest ads

Back