• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

how effective is our brahmin association

Status
Not open for further replies.
.She passed in her First attempt.I had traces of hope.

Then I applied in Anna University.They called her for councilling on 25.7.09 at Chennai.Accordingly we went and attended.We were asked by the University authorities to go out of the auditoriam,as she is denied seat on the basis of Caste as usual.

Had Anna University shown the door because of caste, its a crime,which needs to be taken seriously. But I doubt!!.As far as know, and from some of my cousins who got admission recently, that, if one got a 'Counselling call letter', the seat in any one of the college in T.N is assured, and the purpose of counselling session itself is just to discuss with the students and their parents about the City/College of Choice, in line with the scored marks. Let me know why they had shown you the door? This is a serious violation, and I doubt Anna University wont do such things.

Sir,
Thank you very much for the Interest shown on my daughter ,who is denied Seat in the Anna University for B.Arch this year on the basis of Caste.
I am ready to come and say this in any court or wherever you invite me to come.
I am ready to mail you the Roll No of her Councilling.Nothing wrong has happened.She now joined in Sethu in BE(ECE).
No body can supress any bodys Raise.As a Brahmin my daughter is supressed.This must not be repeated for someone in due course.
Again I repeat,I am ready at any time to expose the Fraud of Anna University.

Kind Attension Of Venkatramani ji...
I happen to see your quote dated 28th of last month now only and I am absolutely very sorry for the delayed reply on my part.
As I was very busy in the College admission and also very busy in the marriage of my," Udan Pirava Sahodaran" Shri M.Rajarathinam s Marriage just held today.
He is the Dist Genl Secretary of BJP Madurai.VVIPs like Shri L.G,Pon radha krishnan and many more attended.OK.The marriage went on well.
I blame only the Delay and dragging.I even quoted that Kunjuppu ji has guided me the way to approch KIT.
As far as the service of Nationalised Banks which is well known for its worst service.I compared TB to KIT by Comparing the services of Pvt Banks to Nationalised Banks.
Time is always very pretious.Todays News Paper is Tomorrows Waste Paper.Educational Assistance rendered to me by KIT is a Fantastic one.It knocked my doors in appropriyate time.Thats what I quoted.Bye the by I now applied Educational loan in SBI pazanganatham Branch and it is in process.I hope I will get it.Kindly pray for me that I must get it .

Thanks Sri Sankaranarayanan ji,

If you have any problem, please inform me. Any one of the nationalised banks where you have a running account have to provide you loan. If they refuse, they are suppose to give the reasons in writing.

Did you get admission under management quota or through counselling. You send me through personal message if required.

All the best

Sir,
Thank you very much for the Interest shown on my daughter ,who is denied Seat in the Anna University for B.Arch this year on the basis of Caste.
I am ready to come and say this in any court or wherever you invite me to come.
I am ready to mail you the Roll No of her Councelling.Nothing wrong has happened.She now joined in Sethu in BE(ECE).
No body can supress any bodys Raise.As a Brahmin my daughter is supressed.This must not be repeated for someone in due course.
Again I repeat,I am ready at any time to expose the Fraud of Anna University.

Lets be true to each other. My father also studied in the same Guindy campus, Mechanical Engg, to head the state in his last days. So do I a Mech. Engg,thankfully, studied in a better school, the indian institute,pounding on the the same old Mech branch. I know Anna univeristy cannot go wrong, since it abolished the interview system 2 decades ago. Thanks to MGR.

If your daughter's score was so high,for sure she would have opted for the esteemed BArch, then , the same score would have got her easily an admission in any of the Govt engg colleges(keep aside the pvt, and forward caste and reservations). And If she was called for counselling for BArch,inspite of being called under FC category,for sure, her seat in Govt engg college would be a gurarenteed one, be it under forwardcaste or dalit.. The point im saying here is, you claim you got a call letter from AnnaUniv for counselling, which, any +2 kid in T.N would take it as a guarenteed free admission to a professional college,irrespective of FC/BC/SC reservation. Dont forget, its the computer which sends the auto-signed call letters for counselling..I know the joy and celebrations we enjoyed, when my cousin got just the counselling call letter..

If you are true and was victimised as a brahmin (Anna university classify it as just a forward caste, but not Brahmin), Im sure all the members in this forum would take it as a call and fight against this supposedly alleged injustice. Please justify your stand. Trust you are not inciting!

Last edited:
The total number of Vaccancies in Tamil Nadu for B.Arch is just 320.Only in 8 colleges B.Arch is taught,including Anna University.Total no of students allottedto each college is 40 at the rate of 40 per college.
Normally there wont be any competitions for B.Arch course as it is a 5 year course,moreover,the Entrance itself is based on imaginary drawing.
Unfortunately this year,due to the sudden Down Fall of IT professional courses there was a demand for B.Arch.Total no of students applied raise up to 600+.
So the university had no option except to disqualify 50% of the students applied for B.Arch.
We attended the councilling with the support of a man close to Azagiri.But in spite of it we feel that we are cheated.
Still I repeat what all I quoted is 100% True.
Not even second option was given as a choice to my daughter.
MGRs period is Golden Period.But now Fraud DMK is ruling TN.Delibarate violations are just very common at all places.I personally experienced it.

The total number of Vaccancies in Tamil Nadu for B.Arch is just 320.Only in 8 colleges B.Arch is taught,including Anna University.Total no of students allottedto each college is 40 at the rate of 40 per college.
Normally there wont be any competitions for B.Arch course as it is a 5 year course,moreover,the Entrance itself is based on imaginary drawing.
Unfortunately this year,due to the sudden Down Fall of IT professional courses there was a demand for B.Arch.Total no of students applied raise up to 600+.
So the university had no option except to disqualify 50% of the students applied for B.Arch.
We attended the councilling with the support of a man close to Azagiri.But in spite of it we feel that we are cheated.
Still I repeat what all I quoted is 100% True.
Not even second option was given as a choice to my daughter.
MGRs period is Golden Period.But now Fraud DMK is ruling TN.Delibarate violations are just very common at all places.I personally experienced it.

Dear Sri Sankaranarayanan ji,

Inspite of all the reservations, the admission process is highly transparent. Since people are going to the court if they find any irregularity, the authorities are very careful. Government quota, influence etc are a different matter and we cannot go to court on that account.

Since your daughter is admitted to ECE, please don't bother about this issue any more. Let us all hope that she shines better with ECE.

All the best.

Sri T.S.Sankaranarayan has done a mistake in approaching some body close to .... .If her daughter has been denied admission ,if really fullfilling the criteria fixed and if any person lower in rank was selected ignoring her claim, you have every right to approach the court.

It is better we stop this topic for the good.

Dear Sir,
I have been witnessing Brahmins Association since the past 35 years ..My father Late Shri T.K.Swami Natha Iyer was the district Treasurer of Brahmins Association in Tirunelveli Dist before 1989. He was under Treatement during his last days and he quit the post due to his in ability on grounds of age. He died on 1st Jan/90.

My respect goes to your father, God bless his soul for serving our community. I pray for the welfare of your family.

I am observing that ,"our association will assemble only during ,"Avani Avittam" and show a mass at that time and will disperse and assemble during the next Avani Avittam."

Even if it functions some where,it will not be High Lighted.

Even during Elections there will be differences in the opinions.

One fraction will insist us to Vote DMK,while the other insist us to vote ADMK.

Why on earth will any of us ever vote for DMK?

Because of our Dis Unity no political party never cares us.

As regards the recent 15th Lok Sabha Elections we were taught a Lesson by the Very Newly assembled ,"Kongu Peravai"that they diverted the Results in many constituencies,where their population was very rich.

The way in which our association acted during the arrest of Kanchi Mutt Supremo our beloved ,"Jeyandhra Saraswathy Swamigal"was very condemable.No fraction from our Community condemned such arragont behaviour of ADMK govt at that time.If a same act is implimented against anyother communal leaders or any other religious leaders in our state,What would have Happened?
We are the First enemies for our community.Our disunity is the first enemy for us.We never support our own enterpronurers.
Muslims will support only muslims....
Christians will support only Christians....
Nadars will support only Nadars...
But Brahmins will support all except Brahmins...
That is the fate of our Community...
Even animals are wandering in forest in gangs...
we can see flocks of sheeps,flocks of Elephants,flocks of even lion and tiger,zeebra,and all will wander in gangs but no brahmin will stay united.
It may be wounding everybody but it is fact....

Such is saddening trend, let us pray that they see the truth. And serve our Father. The reason why Brahmins are helping non-Brahmins is mainly because we are compassionate being that care for all regardless.

Dark forces are exploiting our compassionate nature by instilling guilt and turning us against our community by questioning our pride. I think you will understand this, since you are here.;)

There are forces acting against us. They are well organized and numerous.

We need to counter against these forces. We are Brahmins.

We have always been 3 steps ahead of anti-Brahmins.

With the blessing of our Father and through self realisation we can see the Truth, and serve our Father.

It is of utmost importance that we stand up for ourselves and never hesitate in doing so, even if are to be condemned for it.

HOW EFFECTIVE BRAHMIN ASSOCIATION

All section of Brahmin united only under the banner of THAMBRAAS. we should not waste our time by speaking about Disunity.Now the situation has changed.Even DMK Members in local area understands our sentiments and they try to follow also.

By organising functions in the banner of association, we are in a position to prove our existance.
UNITE! UNITE! UNITE!

Well said!

Reading through the lines.

venkat,

i agree, with reservations, about this forum uniting us.

He agrees but with reservation.

reservation: limitations under certain conditions

yes, it is an avenue, for us to discuss and discard, exchange information and above all to banter.

It is an avenue to banter.

banter: to speak to or address in a witty and teasing manner

whereas, expanding its scope, as envisaged by you, much as useful as it sounds, requires a lot of time and effort. perhaps one or two people working almost full time to collect and coagulate the data into proper format and usefulness.

not sure if any of us can spare that type of effort.

Asserting how tedious this task can be.

on the other hand, we have not seen appeals for the type of help that you have anticipated. there may be simply no takers to all these organizational effort.

Suggesting that no one will come forth to undertake the efforts.

personally, i think, if we continue all current lines, and go where the flow takes us, is jolly good OK.

Complacancy.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Staunch Iyengar ji,

We are getting united through this forum. There is no doubt about it. Let us meet and form a trust for helping poor and needy persons belonging to our community in the field of Education and Medical care.

I understand Mr.Praveen ji is taking some steps and we will all support him.

Let our members join political parties. As a community, let us not identify with any particular political party.

As you rightly said, our community is very much ahead, inspite of the hurdles created.
However, we have to identify poor and downtrodden members belonging to our community and help them to the maximum possible extent.

I always believe, `every threat has an opportunity also'. In the past we have converted all the threats into opportunity and let us hope we take the correct steps in the future also.

We are not against anybody. But if others don't understand, we are not the losers.

All the best

Tamil Brahmins website is creating awareness amongst Brahmin community and let us wish that more cooperation comes amongst us and we will be able to prove our strength politically. Political might is very much needed at this point of time as otherwise we will be crushed in course of time. Already job opportunities are reduced and merit has taken a second position and caste rules supreme. In education sector it is happening for a few years and it may come to every act of our life. We have to be alert and rise an one for getting our share in the country.

Tamil Brahmins website is creating awareness amongst Brahmin community and let us wish that more cooperation comes amongst us and we will be able to prove our strength politically. Political might is very much needed at this point of time as otherwise we will be crushed in course of time. Already job opportunities are reduced and merit has taken a second position and caste rules supreme. In education sector it is happening for a few years and it may come to every act of our life. We have to be alert and rise an one for getting our share in the country.

We have been living with this problem for several decades now. However our youngsters are withstanding all the onslaughts and are growing very well. I am sure in future also we will be able to manage the situation.

I am on the verge of retirement and I have spent my past within Tamilnadu only. I have faced both class struggle and caste struggle in my life. All the threats have got equal and probably better opportunities. Let us face the situation unitedly.

All the political parties have got their own agenda and no body will come to our rescue. We are a very small minority in Tamilnadu and politics will not provide any solutions to our problems. On the contrary we will work for development of our youngsters.

All the best

It is perfectly correct that we have to work for the development of our youngsters. But at the same time we should be united and try to have a single voice in course of time so that we are being cared by politicians and our interests are protected. Other castes are thoroughly organised and they are able to demand facilities in many ways from Government.

There arecomments that"Brahmins feel inferior and have fear"! Brahmins have faced all sorts ofon slaughts from many and have progresed inspite of allodds.
They are definitely UP! You may note that the chief minister of U.P Mrs Mayawati has been wooing the Brahmins ! Let us shed our inferirity complex if at all any body feels!

There arecomments that"Brahmins feel inferior and have fear"! Brahmins have faced all sorts ofon slaughts from many and have progresed inspite of allodds.
They are definitely UP! You may note that the chief minister of U.P Mrs Mayawati has been wooing the Brahmins ! Let us shed our inferirity complex if at all any body feels!

srini2001,

i think, the general strains of thought here meanders around tamil brahmins.

please note, that our caste cousins in other states are quite different from us and have completely different goals and interests.

i use tamil brahmins to include kerala pattars here, of whom i am one.

while this forum is inclusive of all folks who come here, hindus or otherwise, as long as they maintain the decorum of the forum, we hope that the primary focus here will be the issues and challenges and opportunities of tamil brahmins.

i am told that the u.p. brahmins are over 10% of the population, and are quite a voting bloc. also, they are into all trades and professions, including army jawans, which you would agree is a rarity among TBs. we may have a few officers.

the gujarat brahmins, i am told shunned english, and to this day, are among the poorer groups of gujarat. it is the baniyas who have taken the lead in education over there.

the bengali brahmins eat fish, and to the best of my knowledge, are integrated into bengali society more than into the pan brahmin communities.

the reason for my elaboration here, is that facing political oblivion and possibly social decline in tamil nadu, it is tempting for us to fall prey to the certain jingoistic calls coming out of north, in the name of socio-religion.

i think it is best, that we shun such clarions, and focus our interests in our welfare, in the context of tamil nadu, tamil culture and tamil hinduism.

thank you.

ps... mayawati is as alien to us as rajiv gandhi or bal thackeray. i think so.

the reason for my elaboration here, is that facing political oblivion and possibly social decline in tamil nadu, it is tempting for us to fall prey to the certain jingoistic calls coming out of north, in the name of socio-religion.

i think it is best, that we shun such clarions, and focus our interests in our welfare, in the context of tamil nadu, tamil culture and tamil hinduism

I fully endorse the above. I read a news item elsewhere stating that UP Brahmins are doing even toilet cleaning jobs which we have not heard elsewhere. UP has 13% Brahmin population which no political party can ignore. The margin between a winning and losing party invariably is less than 5%. Satish Chandra Mishra was able to consolidate Brahmin vote bank in UP which could not be repeated very easily. Let us not try to emulate UP in TN.

Brahmins in Tamilnadu have migrated to cities, other states and countries. However there is a substantial poor section within our community in TN and Kerala. We have to work for lifting this community out of poverty. Let us work for their welfare instead of wasting time on other matters.

All the best

Brahmins emerging as a political force, particularly in the context of Tamilnadu state, is not a viable solution. However, brahmins as a social force can emerge stronger, provided there is better understanding, proper co-ordination and purposeful networking amongst them. This is not impossible.

Most of the brahmins, especially the educated ones and the rich, are not good at teamwork. They do not easily accept any other person as their leader. They want to lead all the times by themselves. I am sorry to say this.

If we as a responsible community learn to extend help and succour to the needy and the poor within our community, without showing any oneupmanship, that will be nice.
We need to respect all as equals and treat others with love and dignity first. It is easier said than done.

However, the present generation brahmin youths are a beacon light in this respect and we can tap their energies and thoughts, for the betterment of our community. If we are socially strong and powerful, we need not be the kings, but we can make
the kings visit our doorsteps. I am not saying this out of any tit-for-tit attitude towards other dominant sections of the larger society.

When you establish yourselves strongly and show unsweving unity also, you need not beg or demand. You just ask for, it will be done/given.

Let us give up our ego and do service. Oneupmanship is not going to help. Each one of us has got some strength. We will use our strength for productive purposes.

All the best

Reservation for Brahmins

The Brahmin association today is just Brahmin's Chamber of Commerce. The business people act only for the betterment of their business. In 1980 - 84 the Brahmins of Tamilnadu were well united and the grass root level level functionaries to top were are all non-business people with good social connections. It is because the community had a definite agenda for securing educational opportunities then. The force dared to start an Engineering College with the blessing of Tamilnadu Brahmin Association in Vellore and defended its legal right to do so in Supreme Court. The favorable verdict in Supreme Court paved way for Privatization of higher education and hence the Brahmin's in fact achieved their agenda!!!

The problem now is that the Brahmins do not know as to what they want. Yes... they do not have any grievance against the government even though nothing comes their way in real life.

I request the elite in the community to firm up opinion on DEMANDING RESERVATION FOR BRAHMINS. This definitely will be a powerful agenda to unite Brahmins again. Moreover it will also bring in advantages.

Why not? Throughout history Brahmins were neither rulers nor business people. There is no evidence that they are all educated except for the fact that they all have been trained in the skill of chanting Vedas. But that is no education in today's standard. The rulers and business people of yester years (Kshathriyas and Vaisyas) had better education on the intricacies of Vedas than the Brahmins and those communities enjoy reservations now!!! Why not the Brahmins?????

In a way the Brahmins and Sudras are alike in many ways. They are both faithful to their masters like a dog but bark at each other again like a dog barking at another dog. The leaders of Dravidian movement fed one dog as pet while chose to hit another dog as mongrel. But Constitution of India will not allow such discrimination. We once won our case in Supreme Court. We will win this also. We only have to put an effort.

Last edited:
The Brahmin association today is just Brahmin's Chamber of Commerce. The business people act only for the betterment of their business. In 1980 - 84 the Brahmins of Tamilnadu were well united and the grass root level level functionaries to top were are all non-business people with good social connections. It is because the community had a definite agenda for securing educational opportunities then. The force dared to start an Engineering College with the blessing of Tamilnadu Brahmin Association in Vellore and defended its legal right to do so in Supreme Court. The favorable verdict in Supreme Court paved way for Privatization of higher education and hence the Brahmin's in fact achieved their agenda!!!

The problem now is that the Brahmins do not know as to what they want. Yes... they do not have any grievance against the government even though nothing comes their way in real life.

I request the elite in the community to firm up opinion on DEMANDING RESERVATION FOR BRAHMINS. This definitely will be a powerful agenda to unite Brahmins again. Moreover it will also bring in advantages.

Why not? Throughout history Brahmins were neither rulers nor business people. There is no evidence that they are all educated except for the fact that they all have been trained in the skill of chanting Vedas. But that is no education in today's standard. The rulers and business people of yester years (Kshathriyas and Vaisyas) had better education on the intricacies of Vedas than the Brahmins and those communities enjoy reservations now!!! Why not the Brahmins?????

In a way the Brahmins and Sudras are alike in many ways. They are both faithful to their masters like a dog but bark at each other again like a dog barking at another dog. The leaders of Dravidian movement fed one dog as pet while chose to hit another dog as mongrel. But Constitution of India will not allow such discrimination. We once won our case in Supreme Court. We will win this also. We only have to put an effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back