• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Help teach vedas and mantras

Status
Not open for further replies.
நம்மிடையே ஒரு மிகப் பெரிய பிரச்சனை இன்றைய தினத்தில் .
வேதம் படிப்பதற்கு நிறைய பாடசாலைகள் இருக்கின்றன . ஆனால் காலத்தின் கட்டாயத்தால் மந்திரங்கள் படிக்கமால் ஒரு அமாவாசை தர்ப்பணதிற்கும் சந்தியாவந்தனத்திர்க்கும் தவிக்கின்ற நம்மவர்கள் நிறைய உள்ளனர் . இவர்களில் இன்று அநேகம் பேர் மீண்டும் நாம் மந்திரங்கள் வேதம் படிக்கவேண்டும் என்னும் ஆவல் மிக்கவர்களாக உள்ளனர் . இவர்களுக்கென நாம் ஆங்காங்கு இலவசமாக வேதங்கள்
மற்றும் மந்திரங்கள் கற்க உதவிக்குழுக்களை அமைக்கலாம் . அதே போல் தேவார திவ்ய பிரபந்த வகுப்புக்களை இந்த இடங்களிலேயே நமது மற்றும் பிற இந்து சமயத்தவர்களுக்கு நடத்த ஏற்பாடுகள் செய்தால் என்ன ?
நமக்காக மட்டும் அல்ல இந்த உலகத்தின் நன்மைக்காக இந்த சேவை இன்றைய தேவையாக கருதுகிறேன் . இது ஒரு யோசனை .
நடைமுறை நமது சமுதாயம் தான் பதில் அளிக்க வேண்டும்

Very good proposition. We can do this service for entire Hindu community. A temple near my residence is doing this service during summer/winter holidays free of cost to the children. Please do it. All the best

Instead of free classes we can frame syllabus,train people,conduct exams,issue certificate which will be useful to both grihastas and practitioners.
This can be charged.
Gps

If it is charged, we may not be able to attract students. However, there is no two opinion that it has to be regulated with certificates etc. Free part time classes or combining with normal education may be the best solution

Can we try to touchbase with some Vadhyars/Veda patashala to provide week end trainining on austanam and also lear basics like Redram, Chamakam, Sree Sooktham, Purusha Sooktham, Manthra Pushpam etc.

we can plan to have these classes in different part of the city

Ramakrishna Mission,Chinmaya Mission,Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham,Shringeri Sharadha Peetham,Sathya Sai Baba Organisation,Mata Amritananda Mayi Mission,Mata Karunamayi Mission,Shridhi Sai Baba Mandirs,Raghavendra Muttam,Madhave Muttam,Vaishnave Sampradaya Jeeyar Muttam,Sanskrit College,Mylapore...etc are already teaching Vedam.Please visit these religious as well as social service minded institutions for getting enriched in vedam,upanishads,brhama sutras...etc apart from all the above hindu institutuins there are many multi-faith institutes for all to participate and live in unity.Thank you.

gopal.

One of my friends in nanganallur has taken up this cause earnestly. He will help anyone who is keen to learn vedamantram. His name is Mr Harihara Subramanian and can be contacted at [email protected]. His mobile no 9444070421

Last edited by a moderator:
this is to bring to your notice that i am teaching in a centre in chennai vedas as per the rules of chanting, specified in sikshavalli. i also take classes both veda s and smrtti like Bhagavad gita, vishnu sahasranamam , lalitha sahasramnamam etc at nominal charges. both individual classes and group classes can be taken. chanting veda has been my passion. with the blessings of my guruji and instructions and permission from the higher command i have started taking classes. in case you want to reach me this is my email id [email protected]

greetings to you

i have not started taking online classes yet. right now i take classes at my place in royapettah (near hemamalini kalyana mandapam). i handle both individual classes and group, for both sruthi and smritti.

in addition to that i give a holistic therapy, using yoga, acupuncture, acupressure, pranichealing and veda as tools.
it would be to know more about you. where do you stay, what are your interests, are you a home maker or do you go out for work. best wishes

keep in touch

Shri Akura ji, Excellent idea , you've just read what's in the mind of many many TB's !

Online classes may be difficult and expensive .. and....anyone who takes the effort needs to be paid his/ her guru dhakshina !

And also , this forum has been doing a lot of good to our community ! So my humble suggestion would be to ...

Make competent guru's ( even children with spashtamana voice ) recite the veda slokas followed by the meaning in tamil and record small video clips ( real or media player compatible formats ) and then .......

Announce availability of the video on this forum with the charges for the same !

A major part of the fees should go to the people who send these recitations ( video clips ) and a part also should go to organizers of this website , who on receipt of the amount ( by way of cheque / cash --or donations to major banks in India - wire transfer ) shall send the requested files as an e-mail attachment !

This will facilitate millions and help convert too many part time hindus who were brahmins , back to their own cult ! ( Mr.Praveen - Pls think about this !)

What an idea sir ji !

ushasundari....congrats..

greetings to you

i have not started taking online classes yet. right now i take classes at my place in royapettah (near hemamalini kalyana mandapam). i handle both individual classes and group, for both sruthi and smritti.

in addition to that i give a holistic therapy, using yoga, acupuncture, acupressure, pranichealing and veda as tools.
it would be to know more about you. where do you stay, what are your interests, are you a home maker or do you go out for work. best wishes

keep in touch
congrats.
keep it up.
maintain.
you are doing a wonderful work applying vedic teachings.
GPS

What really are the Vedas?

As someone having read deeply the entire Rig and Sama vedas, I can tell you that not much of modern Tamil Brahman liturgy or philosophy derives from there. There is something there, but not the great mystical content that the vast majority of Tamil Brahmans who have not read them, think there is.

In fact the beauty of Hinduism and its intellectual contributions lie in the Upanishads, which are again discourses, not really to be chanted. Then came the works of the three Acharyas. Between the two came gems like Tarka Samgraha, Brahma Sutras etc.

Again, to me, to strongly associate Brahmans with chanting by rote, and focus on mantras, is to bring them down a peg, from an even more sublime

Our business as Brahmans is to know and experience the Brahman, not to content ourselves to chanting, fire sacrifices and other rites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back