• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy navaratri, may ma durga bless us always...!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Skanda Mata

The fifth aspect of the Mother Durga is known as ‘Skanda Mata’ - the mother of Skanda or Lord Kartikeya, who was chosen by gods as their commander in chief in the war against the demons. She is worshipped on the fifth day of Navaratri. She is accompanied by the Lord Skanda in his infant form. Skanda Mata has four arms and three eyes, holds the infant Skanda in her right upper arm and a lotus in her right hand which is slightly raised upwards. The left arm is in pose to grant boons with grace and in left lower hand which is raised also holds a lotus. She has a bright complexion and often depicted as seated on a lotus.

6.Katyayani

The sixth form of Mother Durga is known as ‘Katyayani’, who is worshipped on the six day of Navaratri. The legend behind her name goes thus: Once upon a time, there was a great sage called Kata, who had a son named Katya. Kata was very famous and renowned in the lineage of saints. He underwent long austerities and penance in order to receive the grace of the Mother Goddess. He wished to have a daughter in the form of a goddess. According to his wish and desire the Mother Goddess granted his request. Katyayani was born to Kata as an avatar of Durga.

This is one of my favorite bhajans I sing sometimes.
Just sharing the words here.

Narayini Veda Parayani
Karunantha ranjini Narayini (Narayini ...)
Kamaakshi Sundari Karthyaayini
Vani Saraswathi Vijayambike
Vageshwari Vak Devi Janani (2X)
Karunya Lavanya Gunashalini

7.Kaal Ratri

This is the seventh form of Mother Durga and is worshipped on the seventh day of Navaratri. She has a dark complexion, disheveled hair and a fearlessness posture. A necklace flashing lightning adorns her neck. She has three eyes that shine bright and terrible flames emanate from her breath. Her vehicle is the donkey. Her raised right hand always seems to grant boons to all worshippers and all her right lower hand is in the pose of allaying fears. Her left upper hand holds a thorn-like weapon, made of iron and there is a dragger in the lower left hand. She is black like Goddess Kali and holds a sparkling sword in her right hand battle all evil. Her gesture of protection assures us of freedom from fear and troubles. So she is also known as ‘Shubhamkari’ – one who does good.

8.Maha Gauri

She is worshipped on the eighth day of Navaratri. Her power is unfailing and instantly fruitful. As a result of her worship, all sins of past, present and future get washed away and devotees get purified in all aspects of life. Maha Gauri is intelligent, peaceful and calm. Due to her long austerities in the deep forests of the Himalayas, she developed a dark complexion. When Lord Shiva cleaned her with the water of the Ganges, her body regained its beauty and she came to be known as Maha Gauri, which mean extremely white. She wears white clothes, has four arms, and rides on a bull. Her right hand is in the pose of allaying fear and her right lower hand holds a trident. The left upper hand holds a ‘damaru’ (a small rattle drum) and the lower one is in the pose of granting boons to her devotees.

9.Siddhidatri

Siddhidatri is the ninth form of Goddess. She is worshipped on the ninth day of Navaratri. Siddhidatri has supernatural healing powers. She has four arms and she is always in a blissful happy enchanting pose. She rides on the lion as her vehicle. She blesses all Gods, saints, yogis, tantrics and all devotees as a manifestation of the Mother Goddess. In ‘Devi Bhagvata Purana’ it is mentioned that Lord Shiva worshipped her and was blessed with all Siddhis (supernatural powers). By her blessings his half body became female and other half body male in the avatar of Ardhnarishvara.

JAI MATA DI... MAY GODDESS DURGA MA BLESS US ALL....

Dear Sister Anandi,

Hats off to you for listing out all Durgai Amman in all her powers, glory and vibes...........

I am mesmarized, having great read of all your posts, listing out all 9 form of Durga Ma along with pictures.

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful info with all of us here.

May the grace and blessings of all these 9 forms of shakthi be bestowed upon you and your family..

Thank you so much Ravi Bhai.. When ones' s own parents, family, friends and near and dear ones are happy and satisfied, God will be happy too. To make own people happy is the first and foremost duty as a human being. I am doing just that, the way I know the best. God will be happy with me. I see that I never make people disheartened or hurt and always try to live up to their expectations. I want to see all happy. This is the my service to God.... With affection Anandi

DURGA CHALISA

Durga Chalisa - YouTube

maa_durga.jpg
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/imgres...rga&start=21&hl=en&sa=N&gbv=2&tbm=isch&itbs=1http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/imgres...v=/search?q=Durga&hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&itbs=1

singer:-T.M.Soundararajan
Raghamalika(startinga from AnanthaBairavi,then Kalyani,Bhageswari andRanjini ragam)

ragam:-AnanthaBairavi PALLAVI
Karpagavalli Nin porpathangal pidithen
narghathi aruLvai amma....Devi
Karpagavalli Nin porpathangal pidithen
narghathi aruLvai amma ANUPALLAVI
parpalarum potrum pathi mayilapuriyil
cirpam niraintha uyar singara kovilkonda........karpaga CHARANAM-1
neeintha veLaithannil seyanennai maranthai
naanintha naanilathil naduthal yaridamo
enintha mounamamma ezhai enakaruLa
anantha bairaviye AatharithaLum amma........karpaga

Ragam:-Kalyani CHARANAM-2
ellorkum inbangal ezhilai erangiendrum
nallatchi vaithidum nayakiye nithya
kalyaniye kapali kadhal puriyum antha
ullasiye uma unai nambinen amma........karpaga

Ragam:-Bagheswari CHARANAM-3
nageswari neeye nambidum enaikappai
vagheswari maye vaarai ithu tharunam
baghesree thaye parvathye intha
logheswari neeye ulahinil thunai amma.........karpaga

Ragam:-ranjini CHARANAM-4
anjana maiyidum ambige empiran
konchi kulavidum vanjiye ninnidam
thanjamena adaithen thaye unseinaan
ranjaniye raashippai kenjukiren amma..........karpaga

Karpagavalli Nin PorpathangaL pidithen (ambal songs)by T. M .S with lyrics - YouTube

Devicha Gondhal - Navratri Special - Devotional Song - YouTubeolo jaya ma gouri ma jaya ho bhavani ma :)

Is there a tamil version of Chandi path in Carnatic music? I have been trying to find a link. Unfortunately I do not know the starting lines. But the entire story is told in that song/bhajan.

Dear Friends.. Today I am bit late in posting my contributions of the day, as I got a golden opportunity to participate in the SUVASINI POOJAI conducted by the Vaidika samajam of Ahmedabad and I was one of the participants, in typical mami Style..it was a wonderful experience... Really blessed to be there in the morning till evening for the Lalitha Sahasranama Archanai and the subsequent Kanya poojai, Suvasini Poojai and Dampathi Poojai...I am feeling very happy in sharing my nice experience with you...Thank you.. Anandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back