• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

God fearing or GOD Loving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we do fear to our father, when we do something wrong. In the same way, perfect love
and right acts wipes off our fears. Sometime, we need to learn to accept the reality of HIS
love. For example, some people, this man is doing daily Puja, Worship, etc., still he is the
sufferer; whereas the other man, he does not even enter the temple, but he has all the things
in his life. In reply to this, I said to a person, the wheel of the cycle will certainly swerve through
his bad deeds or swirl, may be it may turn with a varying speed; move or flow can not be stopped.
God is for us and HE is not against us; we should have complete faith in HIM and love him with
full confidence. We just do not have to fear that God does not love us or that he won't come
through for us in our time of need. There are many scriptures to show that God has helped
HIS devotees.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

I feel that sometimes even a suffering is actually a help.
We sometimes only realize it much later.
Sometimes life changes for the better after some acute suffering.
God listens to each and every prayer of anyone but sometime He gives No for an answer and we feel He never listened.
God always helps us but may be we only want the help we desire.

We Hindus are lucky at least its God fearing feeling at times..rest of the world fears the Devil actually more than anything else.

I do agree we need not fear God and be God loving instead for God is Love and Love is God.

Any quote or common saying should be read with, in what contest it has been said.When one says "He or She is GOD fearing he means that he feels that GOD is watching his every act and he really fear to do a wrong act.This makes human to be good to fellow humans and animals.This was quoted in good sense of good living.This quote is entirely different from God is Love. A quotqble quote" Familiarity breeds contempt." So when you feel god is your friend or beloved one straightening bad act of human is not possible.

Despite whatever aasthikas may say, no one so far has been able to prove the existence of god, nor the non-existence (which, being a negative, is incapable of being proved in this case). So, according to me the best policy is leave god to himself, don't disturb his peace and go ahead with your abilities to the best of your capacity. That should be the policy, neither god fearing, nor god loving.

When we get fear only we are going to God.

The main fear is Death fear. Of all the fears when the death fear comes to a man, as there is no alternative he catch hold of God who has neither death or birth.

Due to fear of this samsara when a man fell at the feet of God his fear disappears and love (Bhakthi) towards God takes him.

Fear is good to a man when he turns towards God, he conquire over the fear which will lead him to liberalisation.

So acutually fear is an illusion given by God to ripe ourselves.

Whenour self become rife we came to understand that God is not from outside and he is in our innermost Self.

So the love of Self and love of God are one and same.

Despite whatever aasthikas may say, no one so far has been able to prove the existence of god, nor the non-existence (which, being a negative, is incapable of being proved in this case). So, according to me the best policy is leave god to himself, don't disturb his peace and go ahead with your abilities to the best of your capacity. That should be the policy, neither god fearing, nor god loving.
I fully agree with that sentiment.

We cannot also just define it as illusion. It has so many derivatives. Some say, illusion
is an idea or something you can see that is not real. While others say, illusions are visually
perceived objects and images that differ from reality. A magician making some one
disappear from a box in his show. But to me, offering words and images to unlock the
spiritual path, where we are supposed to proceed to reach the ultimate Supreme Power.

Sometimes we have to talk to ourselves while in a peace of mind, why even converse ourselves
inside, picturise ourselves as to where we are now, then recollect it from where we have come
from. We will realise that we are only a traveller in a plane of material world towards some object
rather than where we are supposed to proceed. Why for instance, if you concentrate yourself
alone, someday you will feel you are older and you are yet to have a humble beginning, someday
you will feel that you have realised the status of your birth in this earthly planet and you will try
to be wise for the rest of the years.. there will be a chalanam or movement in your inner conscious.
The solution to this is that you believe in HIM and go by the guidelines set by your predecessors to
the extent possible. If you stand for a minute in the beach, you will find the Wild Waves on the
rough water and in the second second, it is back to its normal. We have to develop our mind that
there is a super power above us, which conducts us in our day to day affairs.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

We cannot also just define it as illusion. It has so many derivatives. Some say, illusion
is an idea or something you can see that is not real. While others say, illusions are visually
perceived objects and images that differ from reality. A magician making some one
disappear from a box in his show. But to me, offering words and images to unlock the
spiritual path, where we are supposed to proceed to reach the ultimate Supreme Power.

Sometimes we have to talk to ourselves while in a peace of mind, why even converse ourselves
inside, picturise ourselves as to where we are now, then recollect it from where we have come
from. We will realise that we are only a traveller in a plane of material world towards some object
rather than where we are supposed to proceed. Why for instance, if you concentrate yourself
alone, someday you will feel you are older and you are yet to have a humble beginning, someday
you will feel that you have realised the status of your birth in this earthly planet and you will try
to be wise for the rest of the years.. there will be a chalanam or movement in your inner conscious.
The solution to this is that you believe in HIM and go by the guidelines set by your predecessors to
the extent possible. If you stand for a minute in the beach, you will find the Wild Waves on the
rough water and in the second second, it is back to its normal. We have to develop our mind that
there is a super power above us, which conducts us in our day to day affairs.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Shri Balasubramanian sir,

I am a tamil brahmin leaning towards the orthodox side due to my upbringing and the type of life I have. But to me all this talk of goal of life, moksham, etc., being talked about glibly, by any Tom, Dick and Harry - as the phrase goes - is because of stupendous ignorance of our hindu religion (particularly vedanta) coupled with a wrong type of egotism, which makes people think that "reaching the ultimate Supreme Power" etc., is something like saving enough cash and buying a top-end automobile.

Our forefathers of the previous generations, who generally followed the rules and regulations, the dos and don'ts, etc., prescribed by our Shastras much more meticulously than most of us pseudo-brahmins do today, never talked about moksham, "reaching the ultimate Supreme Power" etc., at all. They knew it was not for anyone and every one and that they were just ordinary people who have miles to go before they could even aspire to talk about such exotic aims.

What I find today, both inside this forum as also in the outside world, is a misplaced self-confidence that, after retiring from some highly paying job with good pension/post-retirement income, or, after having made it good in US or some other foreign country, most tabras seem to feel that items like moksham, reaching the supreme reality, etc., are within their "purchasing power"; they try different shortcut methods like the modern-day gurus/babas/acharyas and their marketed items like aol, hug/kiss, lingam from mouth and what not and also get a number of mantra upadesams, with the help of which they will at once become yogis/supermen/rishis and brahmajnanis.

Your above post betrays, imo, such a mindset. Illusion is mind's ability to make you believe non-existent as existent. All that you say, like "if you concentrate yourself
alone, someday you will feel you are older and you are yet to have a humble beginning, someday you will feel that you have realised the status of your birth in this earthly planet and you will try to be wise for the rest of the years.. there will be a chalanam or movement in your inner conscious."
, are all mental illusion. Do your duty according to your station in life and the best of your ability; if you still have spare time simply chant raamanaamam or whatever you prefer. But do not start thinking that moksham or realization of self is a cushy thing which one can do with the same ease of going to the five star hotel and eating a luxurious dinner. Elders have told me that it is really very difficult and god knows whom to give that jnaanam and when.

As you rightly put it that "Elders have told me that it is really very difficult and
God knows whom to give that Jnaanam and when". Assuming that your statement
is just taken for an argument purpose, I do not deny that God judges every one
by the acts and deeds. But unless one does think that Ramanaamam will take
he/she to a certain level, he or she has to do it with full concentration and devotion
without any chalanam in the mind. Mental illusion sometimes can occur if one is
not a positive thinker with the chalanam in the mind.

Raamarpanam.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Khandana bhava-bandhana Stotram composed by Swami Vivekananda
stanza 7:
Nirbhaya gata-samsaya drdha-niscaya

manasavan;
Niskarana bhakata-sarana
tyaji jati-kula-man.

Thy mind is above all fears, devoid of
all doubts, and firm in its resolves.
Innocent of pride of birth and race, Thy
universal love offers shelter to all
devotees who seek it.

Commentary

Fear is an instinct natural to all living beings.It is felt only when duality is perceived.
For one like Sri Ramakrishna who has experienced the non-dual consciousness and hence sees his own self everywhere,where is the question of fear?
That is why sage Yagnjavalkya assures king Janaka "abhayam vai prapto'si janaka".Thou hast,verily Janaka attained the fearlessness!(Brhadaranyaka Upanishad 4.1.4)

Dear Sri Sarma-61,
I like some of what you say, especially around the illusion of Moksha and its purchase-ability.

I am interested in understanding something from you, hence this question.
What is your goal that you see as your orthodoxy/upbringing is going to lead you to?
More specifically, Why is such a goal persued by some one "after retiring from some highly paying job with good pension/post-retirement income" in your view not feasible?
You advise "if you still have spare time simply chant raamanaamam or whatever you prefer", but why is it
that you find it inappropriate for people to revive post retirement or earlier some of the practices that they have wilfully or by circumstances given up. If this is not the impression you convey, I sincerely apologise, but would still be eager to hear you views.

One to become a famous Singer

Krividyaa kaanadushtaa priya kaarinee
Gayathri krisaaraadhyaa keerkireesa priyangkaree

This has to be chanted daily morning for 10 times, result
will be favourable.

Balasubramanian
Amabattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back