• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

God fearing or GOD Loving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends,
I want to start a thread on this and get all our views in this regard and Learn more, experience more.

Usually we hear people proudly say, we are God Fearing Family and we believe in him, we regularly go to temple etc.

The understanding and the Belief system of each one of us should be of God Loving. God is not to be feared about. He is omni present, omni potent and omniscient. we could not see him, hear him or touch him because of our Karmas. But Nothing stops us LOVING him. When you start loving him, your heart becomes light, tensions slowly wading away. Happiness and Shanthi starts residing in our hearts. Whatever we see is beautiful and we start loving all. We start seeing only Good things.

The exercise is that, we should get this feeling into our nerves.

Thanks.
Happy and Loving new Year.
Sundarananda.

You are definitely right in the assertion that "God fearing" is not appropriate at all intelligence levels.
If for some that is the motivation, then so be it.

I also agree with your following statement:

The understanding and the Belief system of each one of us should be of God Loving. God is not to be feared about.

But again it is belief system, for some there is no God, and that satisfies them.

So we have to accept that each of us have a belief system that works for us at this time.

Otherwise we will be just arguing and never reach a conclusion.

U can get the answer by changing the quote to Truth fearing and Truth loving...Truth may be the god...saves who have and leaves who dont have..... :)

A sense of fear (as in Respect) would restrain one from taking HIM for granted. When you love some one, unless the one being loved constantly asserts Power or Discretion, we as humans tend to become casual with the interaction.
A similarility can be drawn with Law. Would we be law abiding, law fearing or law loving?
In One sense, GOD is also an enforcer of Law - the law of nature, justice, fairness etc., in his own way.

Mr. Ozone: I do have a problem with this part of your statement:
GOD is also an enforcer of Law - the law of nature, justice, fairness etc., in his own way.

The moment you ascribe to God the role of Abrahamic religion, then the forgiveness, and praise and other human qualities gets attached. I think these attribute allows human to abdicate their personal responsibilities (like kerma etc).

Dear Friends,
I want to start a thread on this and get all our views in this regard and Learn more, experience more.

Usually we hear people proudly say, we are God Fearing Family and we believe in him, we regularly go to temple etc.

The understanding and the Belief system of each one of us should be of God Loving. God is not to be feared about. He is omni present, omni potent and omniscient. we could not see him, hear him or touch him because of our Karmas. But Nothing stops us LOVING him. When you start loving him, your heart becomes light, tensions slowly wading away. Happiness and Shanthi starts residing in our hearts. Whatever we see is beautiful and we start loving all. We start seeing only Good things.

The exercise is that, we should get this feeling into our nerves.

Thanks.
Happy and Loving new Year.
Sundarananda.

Hello Sundar:

Welcome to this Forum.... Happy New Year...

I don' want to FEAR of any God, Ghost or Religion. Because they are all entities or FICTIONS created by MAN in his infinite wisdom to control, to manipulate and regulate Society. LOL

I can love my fellow human beings, and all other living things around me.

Our nerves, our lungs and brain will be normal, as long as we don't contaminate them with man-made FICTIONS of Gods & Ghosts.

Please think of this possibility, when you have some prime time AND open mind.

Cheers.

:)

We Hindus are lucky at least its God fearing feeling at times..rest of the world fears the Devil actually more than anything else.

I do agree we need not fear God and be God loving instead for God is Love and Love is God.

Thanks a Lot Yamaka,
I am very happy that you love all your fellow beings and all other living beings. Do you know that, by Loving all you actually love God (A name given to highest intelligence by humans). HE exists in all and in everything.
If a person is NOT loving or caring a fellow human being / other living beings in and around him, whatever prayer or any form of poojas, or any Homas etc...is does as scripted in scripturs of any religion, it is of NO USE. Overall having the Value for Living Beings is the highest form of worship.

PS: If you are interested i can explain in a simple way, how God exists in all.

Best Regards,
Sundarananda

Hello Sundar:

Welcome to this Forum.... Happy New Year...

I don' want to FEAR of any God, Ghost or Religion. Because they are all entities or FICTIONS created by MAN in his infinite wisdom to control, to manipulate and regulate Society. LOL

I can love my fellow human beings, and all other living things around me.

Our nerves, our lungs and brain will be normal, as long as we don't contaminate them with man-made FICTIONS of Gods & Ghosts.

Please think of this possibility, when you have some prime time AND open mind.

Cheers.

:)

When you do not seem to have any kind words about believers it is hard to believe that you can love all human beings.

It sounds like Fiction to me.

For some people 'hindus' and 'humans' are different and mutually exclusive. They don't subscribe to 'live and let live'. Let us all be 'humans' is the favourite slogan.

Only our sanatana dharma has accommodated diverse sets of people and allowed them to practice what they wanted. Wheres the european christians and arab muslims have destroyed native culture wherever they went and occupied.

When you do not seem to have any kind words about believers it is hard to believe that you can love all human beings.

It sounds like Fiction to me.

Last edited:
ஏசு கிறிஸ்துவை விசுவாசி அப்பொழுது நீயும் உன் வீட்டாரும் ரட்சிக்கப்படுவீர்கள்.

ஏசுவே மெய்யான தெய்வம். ( மற்ற தெய்வங்களெல்ல்லாம் பொய்யான தெய்வங்களா?)

கர்த்தரிடம் உன் பாரங்களை இறக்கிவிடு.அவர் உன்னை சகல துக்கங்களிலிருந்து காக்க வல்லவர்..

வருத்தப்பட்டு பாரம் சுமக்கிறவர்களே என்னிடத்தில் வாருங்கள்..நான் உங்களுக்கு இளைப்பாருதல் தருவேன்.

பாவிகளை இறட்சிக்க ஏசுகிறிஸ்து உலகத்திற்க்கு வந்தார்.

" கர்த்தருக்கு பயப்படுதலே ஞானத்தின் ஆரம்பம் " என்றேல்லாம் கிறிஸ்தவர்கள் கூறுகின்றனர்.

In my humble opinion, one should have fear and love towards God. We are human beings and are prone to mistakes. When you do mistakes knowingly or unknowingly, you should fear the wrath from God and you should try to repent for it. When you do good things you really deserve the love of God. Doing good things is showing love towardzs HIM.

In my humble opinion, one should have fear and love towards God. We are human beings and are prone to mistakes. When you do mistakes knowingly or unknowingly, you should fear the wrath from God and you should try to repent for it. When you do good things you really deserve the love of God. Doing good things is showing love towardzs HIM.

This concept is central to Abrahamic religions. IMHO, God is impersonal. Why not talk about karma and consequences?

Last edited:
This concept is central to Abrahamic religions. IMHO, God is impersonal. Why not talk about karma and consequences?

I agree with this point of view.
I would not ascribe the role of judge and executioner role the God. That rule is covered by Karma. You are responsible for your actions. God does not interfere with the working of the laws.

Dear Friends,
For those who are non believers of God existence and hard to believe God is everywhere, I am giving below a simple Logic. Students of Logic might like it.

Example for trust and faith:
I know my father, Grand father, Great Grand Father... and i stop at one level that I won't be knowing the lineage. But I KNOW my ancestors existed even though i don't know pin pointedly their resumes.
Hence I trust.

Creations:

I see the intellegint world and the nature. I could understand the 5 elements responsible for our living. etc.
By Logic, if there is a Creation there must a Creator. For the intelligent Creation, it has to be intelligent creator.
Let us look at one simple example quoted in our scriptures.
A Pot is created by a Potter. To create a Pot, the potter requires a material and that is earth / mud.
In order to create a POT, a Potter needs a material that is mud, So as to God ( highest form of Intelligence ) to create this world, he needs a material to create. If HE were to use any material to create this world, then the question arises, who created that material.. so on..
Logically, God created this world, universe out of HIS OWN BODY.. Hence he is the Vital force in everything animate or inanimate. He is the Soul ... remember Thoonilum irruppan, Thurumbulium irruppan.

Hence by Trust and by Logic GOD exists in all and in everything.

Warm Regards,
Sundarananda

Shri sundarananda,

For those who believe in god no proof or explanation is necessary. For naasthikas, no proof will be sufficient. If god has made all this (idam sarvam) like a potter makes clay pots, why should we bother to counterargue and insist on converting the naasthikas? god has not said anywhere, even in the gita, that it is the duty of the religious people to convert naasthikas. Will god be not able to take care of these people who think they can disown god just because they have made some money and with that they can do anything?

All the scamsters, money-launders, terrorists, robbers, swamis, priests etc. are all god-loving and the rest, ordinary people who are less known outside their clan, are god fearers.

In my limited understanding of what is sat, creation originates from the Ultimate Reality, Brahman. Using the potter example quoted by Sundarananda, when a potter makes a pot from clay, he makes the process happen – the idea. The wheel he uses to spin and mold the pot is the instrument, and the clay is the material. Unlike Western theologies, the Hindu view is that Brahman represents all: the potter, the idea, the instrument, and the material. Thus Brahman is the whole universe, animate and inanimate. With this underlying perspective, Hindus worship God as abiding in all created things and beings.

The manifestation of Brahman as the things and beings of the world is a cosmic play (lîlã). In this eternal sport Brahman manifests in diverse forms in the phenomenal world (creation), stays in that mode for a time (sustenance), and reverts back to the original state (dissolution). This process of creation, sustenance and dissolution is repetitive and endless -occurs in cycles without beginning and without end . Thus, in Hindu view, there is no absolute beginning or end to the universe. Whenever the words "beginning" and "end" appear in Hindu scriptures, they simply mean the beginning and end of a particular cycle of creation.

In the beginning of creation, consciousness is wrapped up in matter. Through the process of evolution, consciousness evolves from lower forms to higher forms of life until it becomes aware of itself in a human body. From that stage onwards, it struggles to free itself from physical limitations, through the spiritual discipline of love (bhakti), and attain union with Brahman, the original source of consciousness.

If anyone wants to know what science has to say about creation etc , I recommend a most interesting book titled “The fabric of the cosmos” , by Brian Greene. When you read this book, you will hear the science/right-brain equivalent of what Vedic sages have said using their left-brain cognition.

Last edited:
One who is focussed on self will fear any threat to self while one who is selfless doesn't and will embrace others lovingly. It is your focus on self that determines one's emotion towards God, the wicked finding Him fearful whereas the righteous find Him loveable.

Dictionary gives varied explanations of fear, thereby infering that there are different types of fears
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. Synonyms: foreboding, apprehension, consternation, dismay, dread, terror, fright, panic, horror, trepidation, qualm.
a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.

There is a specific type of fear attached to God

reverential awe, especially toward God: the fear of God. Synonyms: awe, respect, reverence, veneration.
A fear that generates respect. A fear that restrains one from thinking or doing certain things.

One who is focussed on self will fear any threat to self while one who is selfless doesn't and will embrace others lovingly. It is your focus on self that determines one's emotion towards God, the wicked finding Him fearful whereas the righteous find Him loveable.

Why do I FEAR? Becos FEAR awaits? Confusing?

F--For
E--Every
A--Action
R--Reaction

So For Every Action Reaction awaits.

God fearing or God loving

If God is love, why should we fear for HIM. If we live in the
right path, as determined by our elders or as given in the
Hindu spiritual books or Vedas, there is no need to fear.
God fearing perhaps is an archaic term and no longer in use.
Fear. Synonym for fear is -- Respect, Reverence, etc.
In scientific terms, there is a terminology, every action has a
reaction. Suppose, if we do mistakes or uncomply certain things,
may be, that we get some wrong signals to indicate that we are
wrong track.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

If God is love, why should we fear for HIM. If we live in the
right path, as determined by our elders or as given in the
Hindu spiritual books or Vedas, there is no need to fear.
God fearing perhaps is an archaic term and no longer in use.
Fear. Synonym for fear is -- Respect, Reverence, etc.
In scientific terms, there is a terminology, every action has a
reaction. Suppose, if we do mistakes or uncomply certain things,
may be, that we get some wrong signals to indicate that we are
wrong track.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Actually the fear we have for God is like this..cos we know that God knows everything and we cant hide from Him.
So we are fearing our own wrong doings more than anything else.
Its like how when we were small and we did anything wrong we all used to fear our parents especially father.

Yes, we do fear to our father, when we do something wrong. In the same way, perfect love
and right acts wipes off our fears. Sometime, we need to learn to accept the reality of HIS
love. For example, some people, this man is doing daily Puja, Worship, etc., still he is the
sufferer; whereas the other man, he does not even enter the temple, but he has all the things
in his life. In reply to this, I said to a person, the wheel of the cycle will certainly swerve through
his bad deeds or swirl, may be it may turn with a varying speed; move or flow can not be stopped.
God is for us and HE is not against us; we should have complete faith in HIM and love him with
full confidence. We just do not have to fear that God does not love us or that he won't come
through for us in our time of need. There are many scriptures to show that God has helped
HIS devotees.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back