• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

God Exists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genes influence behaviour

I have no idea what genes influence but this time I had some unpleasant experiences with some travel agents in India.

I realized that in India the truth is still very much spoken but spoken in stages!LOL

Truth is revealed slowly to you and the whole truth is only known when you are given your bill!

So technically it is still Satyam Vada and Dharmam Cara but revealed step by step and the final outcome is different from the initial impression.

Last edited:
I have no idea what genes influence but this time I had some unpleasant experiences with some travel agents in India.

I realized that in India the truth is still very much spoken but spoken in stages!LOL

Truth is revealed slowly to you and the whole truth is only known when you are given your bill!

So technically it is still Satyam Vada and Dharmam Cara but revealed step by step and the final outcome if different from the initial impression.

You are generous in your praise!!!!

A diversion!

If God made everything, He must live in China

320396_10150973234514302_1010492199_n.jpg

hi raghy sir,
this is advaita says.....tatvamasi...tat tvan eva asi...means...one should have faith in oneself....u r really a advatin sir....

appadi sollungo....nanna sonnel pongo....romba kacchithama advaita maathavalukku sonnel....besh besh....matha

mangai madayangalukku ungalai pathi innum puriyale...appadi thaane?

Sri.tbs Sir, Greetings.

I don't know whether you are just expressing your opinion in a lighter vein... or just bein jovial. I don't know about advaitham sir! I just expressed what came to my mind. That's all. For example, an apple fell of a tree; Newton thought about that and figured out gravitational force. Credit should be given to Newton, not to that apple! I am like that apple, just expressing anything and everything! There are philosophers who work out philosophies.... So, one shouldn't give credit to apples like me.... I don't deserve it sir.

Cheers!

Spirituality is theory and religion is practicals; both are necessary and co exist. Some are good in theory and some in practicals.

A friend of mine was very good in sound/ vibration related experiments - never used tuning forks in frequency related experiments, but even a simple fourier transform problem will stump him, even though the problem was related to sound waves.

Sri. Sarang Sir, Greetings.

In my opinion, spirutuality and religion have got nothing to do with each other. Religion is a seperating force. When one belongs to a religion, one can't help but think about peers who belong to the same religion as "us" and the rest of the human population as "them". Basic spirituality has to be above the "us" and "them" feeling. From there spirituality grows.

Cheers!

Renu then isn't that the same lying? I have a question, are half truths, just that half truths or are half truths, lies? Can there ever be a middle ground as far as truth (not God, spirituality or anything, just everyday utterances) is concerned?

IMHO I think some lies are ok like "white lies", again it depends on the intent also.

Renu then isn't that the same lying? I have a question, are half truths, just that half truths or are half truths, lies? Can there ever be a middle ground as far as truth (not God, spirituality or anything, just everyday utterances) is concerned?

IMHO I think some lies are ok like "white lies", again it depends on the intent also.

Dear Amala,

You have to understand I am Libran.

Librans are well known to be diplomatic hence I used the word "Truth revealed in stages" a.k.a "Lying"!LOL

The Epic Srimad Bhagavatam is a great gift to every one of us to get an awareness of spirituality.
One must be thankful to the great Vyasa Maharishi who was instrumental to explain all
the details and its impact and also the essence of of Jnana (Spiritual knowledge) through the
great method of Bhakti (Devotion). Many events of Lord's incarnations, biographies of HIS devotees,
Spiritual counsel and very clear practical tips on living are the milestones that could be found in this
Epic. The Great epic Bhagavatam is not only liked by elders but also by the younger generation
irrespective of the Sex. If one attends the Pravachanam of Bhagavatam or a perusal of it
at leisure hours with attention and interest would give plenty of knowledge and experience
and in fact it would pave way to acquire wise thoughts, sayings, etc besides devotional attitude.
Normally we notice Bhagavatam lectures are arranged in Satsanghs only with a view to promoting
spiritual awareness amongst the people.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Who Is God? The Yoga View

by: Light of the Spirit Monastery • August 2, 2012

In the Yoga Sutras the word for God is Ishwara–the Lord, Ruler, Master, or Controller possessing the powers of omnipotence, omnipresence, and omniscience. Ishwara is the Supreme Power, Parameshwara. It is toward this Ishwara that our life is to be directed if we would attain perfection in yoga.

In Yoga Sutra 1:23, Patanjali says that samadhi, the state of superconsciousness where Absoluteness is experienced, is produced by Ishwarapranidhana–the offering of one’s life to God. This is not merely dedicating our deeds and thoughts to God, but consciously merging our life in the greater Life of God and making them one. Yoga is the way to accomplish this.

Since yoga is a practical matter, we need some workable, pragmatic understanding of the nature of God. For how will we seek and recognize Him if we have no idea who He is? Patanjali supplies us with exactly the kind of definition we need: “Ishwara is a particular Spirit Who is untouched by the afflictions of life, actions [karma] and the results and impressions [conditionings] produced by these actions” (Yoga Sutras 1:24).

A particular Spirit. God is a special, unique, conscious Being–not just abstract Existence. God is a “particular Spirit” in the sense that God can be “picked out” or “singled out” from among all other things or beings.

Untouched. Though God is within all things and all things are within Him, yet He stands apart. This is stated several times in the Bhagavad Gita: “They are contained in me, but I am not in them…I stand apart from them all, supreme and deathless” (7:12, 13). “For my spirit stands apart, watching over Maya, the maker” (9:9). “Standing apart, He sustains” (13:14). “He is within and without: He lives in the live and the lifeless: subtle beyond mind’s grasp; so near us, so utterly distant” (13:15). “Although I am not within any creature, all creatures exist within me” (9:4).

One, Only, Without a Second
God is unique in the sense that He is Ekam Evam Advityam Brahman–the God Who is One, Only, Without a Second. He is not one of many, nor is He even one of two. He is One in every sense of the term. God is neither conditioned nor confined in any manner. Therefore He is not touched or tainted by the afflictions or faults of life (relative existence), in contrast to us who live within them as though they were the air we breathe and the basis of our existence. Nor is Ishwara bound or in any way conditioned by actions; therefore He is ever unchanging.

It should be noted that Ishwara is considered to be male in contradistinction to the divine creative power–Prakriti or Shakti–that is female. Consequently Ishwara is referred to as “He.” Brahman the Absolute is referred to as “It” because Brahman transcends such dualities as male and female, positive and negative. Since the English word “God” almost always implies Ishwara, it is usual to refer to God as “He.”

Omniscience and more
God is the essence and the apex of Consciousness, so Patanjali further says: “In Him is the highest limit of omniscience” (Yoga Sutras 1:25). Commenting on this, Shankara says: “The all-pervading mind of the supreme Lord is in simultaneous contact with every object.” The omniscience of God is total and absolute, for in truth God isOmnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence.

In this sutra Patanjali introduces a significant fact, for he does not just say that omniscience (sarvajña) is in God, but that the seed of omniscience (sarvajña bijam) is in Him. Within God is the seed or potentiality of omniscience for those who are united with Him through their practice of yoga. Omniscience is not just objective knowledge, but infinity of consciousness–the Being of God Himself.

as there are no counters , lets conclude atheism is only a belief system

Atheism is not a belief system. For a system to be a belief system, one should 'believe' in something. There is no belief in atheism. So, it can't be a belief system. Atheism is not easy to understand. That system has nothing to do with the so called 'rational thinking' crowd. Atheism also has philosophies.

Cheers!

Atheism is not a belief system. For a system to be a belief system, one should 'believe' in something. There is no belief in atheism. So, it can't be a belief system. Atheism is not easy to understand. That system has nothing to do with the so called 'rational thinking' crowd. Atheism also has philosophies.

Cheers!

Atheism...can be summarized as

Sunyam Adah Sunyam Idam
Sunyaat Sunyamudachyate
Sunyasya Sunyamadaya
Sunyam Evaavashishyate

This is void..that is void
from void arises void
when void is taken out from void
what verily remains is void.

So technically Atheism has no basis.
When there is no "belief" in anything and the very existence of God is denied..so it's just empty and void talk!LOL

So technically Atheism has no basis.
When there is no "belief" in anything and the very existence of God is denied..so it's just empty and void talk!LOL

True. That is one way of looking at it. Still Sunyavadha has some depth in it. I did not spend much time in reading about it, yet, though.

Cheers!

True. That is one way of looking at it. Still Sunyavadha has some depth in it. I did not spend much time in reading about it, yet, though.

Cheers!

Dear Raghy,

I was not quoting the Sunyavada in that Sunyam Adah Sunyam Idam I wrote.

I was just playing around with some words.

Most words of Lord Buddha I feel have been misunderstood as bordering Atheism but for me I feel He was speaking the essence of Truth.
Lord Buddha was just making a more user friendly concept of God for everyone by asking us to adopt the middle path in life and give up worldly attachment and wake up the Buddha in us.

After all Buddh means Knowledge and we can only remove the veil of Maya and ignorance with knowledge.

Many great souls have come and gone and the followers sometimes do mess up their works too and make a new religion.

Dear renuka,

I am not considering Buddhism as atheism. That is something I would like to read in detail. But I am more interested in Kapila Muni's teachings. Once I read some of his teachings. I may like to go through the teachings he said to his mother. When i read that earlier, I found that interesting. ( i am off line now)...

Cheers!

half truth/politically correct statements etc, said with an intention is a sheer lie in the eyes of god, though its acceptable to humans/court of law as half truth. the reason being, humans cannot read the mind of a person, where as god can, and hence god only can figure out if its a truth or lie.

in human perspective, truth is a relative term, and hence there can be N number of middle terms. in some cases both could be true, as said in the 'blind man-elephant' story.

with all these confusion of figuring out what the actual truth is, human race has fixed the 'ultimate truth' as god, ie, god only can figure out what the 'absolute truth' is.

half truth/politically correct statements etc, said with an intention is a sheer lie in the eyes of god, though its acceptable to humans/court of law as half truth. the reason being, humans cannot read the mind of a person, where as god can, and hence god only can figure out if its a truth or lie.

in human perspective, truth is a relative term, and hence there can be N number of middle terms. in some cases both could be true, as said in the 'blind man-elephant' story.

with all these confusion of figuring out what the actual truth is, human race has fixed the 'ultimate truth' as god, ie, god only can figure out what the 'absolute truth' is.

I think every human being know the truth. Only thing is they do not want to beleive it for various reasons. Especially when emotions involved.

KInd Regards

Except amongst a section of the people, rising affluence in the society generates
charm in sensual enjoyment particularly amongst the youth and hence they may not
have time to debate or discuss about the God about its existence. Most of the people,
generally worship or remember the God to seek a blessing towards fulfillment of their
desires viz. attainment of wealth, assets & property, conception and child-birth
especially particularly birth of a male child, downfall of enemies, getting an employment,
mitigation of diseases, if any, restoration of health if critically ill, promotion in service,
enhancement of profit in the business, try to escape from punishment or imprisonment
owing to criminal cases, if involved, or something else. Suppose if their wish or ambition
is not fulfilled, they begin to talk like an atheist and their faith in God. There are lots of
awful things about life which might arguably point to the existence. Some talk about
Atheism in a different tone and it is often misunderstood and sometimes criticized by others.
Atheism may be outwardly said but they too have certainly belief in God but may not express
openly.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

I think every human being know the truth. Only thing is they do not want to beleive it for various reasons. Especially when emotions involved.

KInd Regards

Sowbagyavathy Amirtha, Greetings.

What is the truth known to every human being? Your message lacks explanations. Can you kindly eloberate more, please? Thank you.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Generally every religion has faith in God, though it is not outspoken. Some religions
explain with religious stories about the existence of God. A section of the people
who only believe in scientific world, neglect these mythological quotes. Some
religious texts carry certain revelations or preaching of individuals, just like
Christianity and they give different conceptions of God and prescribe different
ways of living. People who study such religious texts, come to a conclusion
that such theories are only creations.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back