• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

request to open GOD EXISTS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ShivKC

no other thread has attracted most of the members with opposite views for an active participation.

except before when it touched 900 posts(in 20 days, a record break), it was going smooth with self moderation and self restraints.

it was the center of attraction for many active/ erst while silent participants.. to name Dr.barani, yamaka,doc.renu, tks, yamaka,sravana,ravi,suraju,shiva and many more, & off late joiners like subbudu & sangom. that thread catered to all spectrum of people being youngsters, old, atheist,theist, middle path etc etc.

we discussed quite nicely without any major flare up,and enjoyed on topics like, first cause, quantum mechanics, scientific proof, consciousness, set theory, philosphy, charvaka,self realization, experiencing god, BG, upanishads, betrand russel's teapot, onus of proving god etc etc.. intellectual indeed. we never did B/NB bashing here for quite long time. that was an erudite discussion, though some may claim it other wise.

what a wonderful energy we all had for last 3 weeks, in spite of debating with opposite views..

it all went for a toss, once it was stuck 2 days ago when stuck by the Mellisa virus, what the computer guys call it as.

i think the reason for the closure could be..

1) few members wanted to start a forum, and canvassed here openly. i think sh.kunjuppu condemned this strongly, in one his post aptly. in my view its nothing but உண்ட வீட்டுக்கு இரண்டகம் செய்யேல் :: ஔவையா...How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child : Shakespeare

2) banning of smt.happyhindu?? Shakespeare in The Merchant of Venice said, A Daniel Come To Judgement..

it was said by sh.nara,that some one hiding behing cloak of sh.praveen did that, and sh.kunjuppu in his own style said 'hiding behind Veshty'. matter of fact, i was never behind sh.praveens veshti, and i still carry the infraction issued by modKRS/praveen, to be lifted only by dec'2011. i have never appealed to him to lift it also..

as many pondered who lodged that complaint to mod, i opted out to be honest here and clarify it..et tu brute!!..and the following truth is, i also appealed to Admin/mod about it 2 days ago, and for sure i will post my justification in one of the forthcoming posts. in nut shell i predicted its closure to admin (in writing) when it crossed 900+ post (the time it got mild infection) and it all happened in 2 days, a patient is dead and the ward room which accommodated the patient is also closed! requiem de mozart!

and an erudite and supposedly honest member getting exposed by posting with a strategic proxy handle palindrome ( 2009 handle), again proved right a Shakespeare's quote. a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.. and that issue is as dead as door nail, lets not take effort on this any more

lets leave it..please lets leave this past.

now,how many of us wants to send the request to mod/admin/praveen open sh.brahins thread ' god exists'.

lets appeal to the admin, expressing our reasons and justifications to open this thread again, and for sure we can discuss another 3000 posts without any appeals or bans.The course of true love never did run smooth, and thats what the fight here is all about, which testifies for true love every one share on the back of the mind.

I wish that thread to be opened. lets express our views and appeals to admin of this forum. thank you all

just open another "God Exists Part Deux" and things will move on as usual as if nothing happened to the old thread!

I think the mods closed the thread because the discussion veered of course from the title to a campaign for "another website".

But anything is fine with me - old thread reopening or a new thread with a similar title. As you please!

Good points Shiv. I second what you say.

sir,thank you. would you be interested in sending an appeal to admin, to open the thread? if not, kindly express your views to admin

just open another "God Exists Part Deux" and things will move on as usual as if nothing happened to the old thread!

I think the mods closed the thread because the discussion veered of course from the title to a campaign for "another website".

But anything is fine with me - old thread reopening or a new thread with a similar title. As you please!

dr.barani, opening a deux, trois thread is fine. but we would be missing a lot of continuity while refering the old posts.. and we need to scratch from bottom... thats why i think we should open the same thread.. may be, those campaigning posts for a new forum could be deleted by admin..

sir,thank you. would you be interested in sending an appeal to admin, to open the thread? if not, kindly express your views to admin

Shiv yes I am expressing openly here my request for re-opening the thread.

dr.barani, opening a deux, trois thread is fine. but we would be missing a lot of continuity while refering the old posts.. and we need to scratch from bottom... thats why i think we should open the same thread.. may be, those campaigning posts for a new forum could be deleted by admin..

True, closing threads don't really do anything extra. Offending posts may be deleted. As I said, go for it. I will throw in my support.

But it seems to me the mod is not happy about receiving numerous pms and emails. May be a good idea to open a Quick Poll? and then send one single pm with its result?

thats a good idea Dr.Barani. lets send PM to sh.praveen opening the same thread, and ask him to delete those campaigning posts. if i were in his shoes i would have deleted them instantly, before any one could post it.

in my part, i have send a PM to admin requesting him to open that thread. hope like minded members would also do the same.

looks like atheists wants that thread to remain closed,so that they can go back to their b.bashing threads with their usual ICM/discrimination/evr topics.

i havent seen any well balanced, free speech supporters voicing for opening this thread. matter of fact those who respect should be the first to appeal for opening back that thread.

The thread is now open. all posts left intact. hoping future discussion sticks to the topic and not get sidetracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back