• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Geelani applies for passport to visit ailing daughter; BJP says declare loyalty, fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has openly objected to the granting of passport to Syed Ali Geelani, chairman of the hardline Hurriyat faction in Jammu and Kashmir,
BJP has said that Geelani should first declare loyalty and fly out later. The issue has sparked a divide between BJP and the People's Democratic Party the ruling coalition government in the state.
Geelani has sought a passport to visit his daughter Farhat Jabeen Geelani, who is admitted in a hospital in Saudi Arabia in a critical condition.
A day ago, Jammu and Kashmir unit of BJP had said Geelani should acknowledge he is Indian and "apologise" for his anti-national activities.
"Passport cannot be given to Geelani sahib till he apologises for the mistakes he has committed during the past 25 years. Passports are issued to Indian citizens and not the ones who don't believe in India and its democracy," BJP spokesman Khalid Jehangir said in a statement here.
The BJP spokesman said "if Geelani acknowledges that he is an Indian and won't indulge in anti-India activities, then Government of India can consider his request for the passport".
"The Government of India cannot give a passport to a person who spews venom against the country where he lives and enjoys all the comforts," Jehangir said.

Geelani applies for passport to visit ailing daughter; BJP says declare loyalty, fly out later | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

I agree that Government of India should expect loyalty from anyone seeking passport.
What has party (BJP) person got to do with it?

Good move! These anti national guys deserve this....It should have come from Government..Not from party..Or is there some dichotomy playing out

Good move! These anti national guys deserve this....It should have come from Government..Not from party..Or is there some dichotomy playing out
Very true.
May be we can also give him one way ticket and exit papers.

Now I have to read the small print in the passport application.

How can they leave out the confirmation in writing that the applicant is indeed a citizen of this country and so is applying for that passport.

If the small print has this there already, Geelani would have already confirmed that. If he had struck it off, his passport can be denied for filling up the wrong application. No one need take any responsibility. It is his own mistake.

Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said that the government will consider hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani's passport application after due formalities.
According to PTI, Singh said, "Government will consider Syed Ali Shah Geelani's passport application after due formalities; We have no objections".
A day ago, hours after the Union Home Ministry had said that the request will be processed on "merit" as the travel document is the "right of every Indian citizen", External Affairs Ministry asserted that "the application cannot be processed in its present form".
"We have seen media reports of Syed Ali Geelani's passport application. An incomplete passport application was received from him. Fees were not paid and the biometric details and photographs not submitted," Spokesperson in MEA Vikas Swarup said.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, meanwhile, had said Geelani will have to write 'Indian' in the nationality column to apply for the passport.
Geelani's passport application will be considered after due formalities, we have no objection: Rajnath Singh | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

That is the right approach for this application.

By denying him the passport now ( for him to visit his ailing daughter ) , the Govt is more and more making him a Hero in Kashmir and other places . Sometimes some issues / some people need not be given undue importance .

He will be viewed as a hero only by separatist Muslims, sickular Indians and a few who are anti India in thoughts and actions. The govt must apply the same rules applicable to all Indians. He must be deported if he claims he is not an Indian citizen. Which other country will tolerate this?

By denying him the passport now ( for him to visit his ailing daughter ) , the Govt is more and more making him a Hero in Kashmir and other places . Sometimes some issues / some people need not be given undue importance .

The Government will become a hero across India...Is it not a moment of celebration?

The Government will become a hero across India...Is it not a moment of celebration?

The Govt looks more like a Joker now that they decided to give Geelani the passport and said that they rejected his application earlier on technical grounds as his passport was incomplete due to lack of photograph and biometric data .

For more reasons refer this link below :
Govt to consider Geelani's plea after he completes formalities
Govt to consider Geelani's plea after he completes formalities - The Times of India

I still do not understand why all this noise.

If I am a citizen of India I am eligible to get a passport from the GOI. For that I should apply. I can not issue a passport to myself even though it is my right as a citizen. When I make an application to the GOI for passport I should declare solemnly somewhere in the relevant application form that I am indeed a citizen of India. If there is no such provision in the application, the GOI should make such a provision.

When I fill up that form I solemnly declare that I am a citizen of India and that is enough for the GOI. If at a later date I change my mind and say I am not a citizen of India, I lose my right to that passport. and if fly Kabrstani flag in my house top I stand the chance of getting arrested for treason.

and an efficient businesslike GOI does not make tall claims by declarations by its bigmouth minister but goes about its work efficiently by arresting erring citizens and trying them in a fair trial.

this noise is unnecessary and is a waste of time and energy. It gives unnecessary advertisement value to undesirable elements.

Rajnath sing said in passing to a tv journalist let him complete the formalities first; geelani must first declare that he is an indian citizen. There are other sub conditions like no antinational activities, no criminal record etc. He is paid 2 lakhs a month to arrange stone throwing against security forces and law enforcement agencies.

He has to first to admit that he is a citizen of india.

The Govt looks more like a Joker now that they decided to give Geelani the passport and said that they rejected his application earlier on technical grounds as his passport was incomplete due to lack of photograph and biometric data .

For more reasons refer this link below :
Govt to consider Geelani's plea after he completes formalities
Govt to consider Geelani's plea after he completes formalities - The Times of India

and an efficient businesslike GOI does not make tall claims by declarations by its bigmouth minister but goes about its work efficiently by arresting erring citizens and trying them in a fair trial.

this noise is unnecessary and is a waste of time and energy. It gives unnecessary advertisement value to undesirable elements.
I agree, but silently denying Passport by GOI will not silence Geelani or his followers. GOI has every right to deny passport for incomplete documentation. GOI must communicate and a transparent treatment of the application with clear explanation ahead of the curve would be ideal.

I had already echoed this sentiment in an earlier post of mine .

attachment.php

Attachments

• 338987-irr.jpg
    338987-irr.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 199
I agree, but silently denying Passport by GOI will not silence Geelani or his followers. GOI has every right to deny passport for incomplete documentation. GOI must communicate and a transparent treatment of the application with clear explanation ahead of the curve would be ideal.

"silently denying passport" is a loaded statement. The application for passport and its denial or its issuance is a private matter between the citizen and the GOI. So it will always be done in private silently. GOI will have to inform only the applicant and not his every follower.

A vociferous crowd of stone throwers and trouble makers will not be satisfied even if the GOI announces over AIR and through all TV channels the application and denial of passport to one of their ring leaders with reasons. They will make it an issue and try to extract advantage of victim-hood from that.

I think the GOI has played into the hands of extremists by allowing its bigmouths to beat their chests and roar aloud about the denial of passport to this Geelani guy.

Separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Friday appeared before passport authorities and declared himself as an Indian while completing formalities for travel documents but insisted that he did it out of “compulsion.”
“Geelani submitted his biometric data — finger prints and iris scan — at the designated counter,” an official of the Regional Passport Office here said.
The 88-year-old hardline Hurriyat leader, who wants to visit his ailing daughter in Saudi Arabia, reached the Passport Seva Kendra here at the scheduled time of his appointment at 10.15 am.
Talking to reporters outside the passport office, Mr. Geelani said, “I am not by birth Indian. It is a compulsion.”
A Hurriyat spokesman justified Mr. Geelani writing Indian in the nationality column saying “travelling on the Indian passport is a compulsion of every Kashmiri.”
“Geelani too is compelled to complete the formalities in this regard,” he added.
Out of ?compulsion?, Geelani declares he is Indian - The Hindu

Boohoo I am so sorry for Geelani. There was no compulsion, no gun was pointed at your head. You are lucky they gave you passport, they could have declared you as persona non grata, on second thought they should do it after you leave India,

undesirable elements are the news captains for our media, the one we have in TN is a student circle in IIT M .They get more attention whether you like or not.
Alwan

Never mind Mr Geelani, we know 'being unreasonable' comes with old age

Posted by: Pallavi Sengupta

Now that Mr Syed Ali Geelani, the ill-famed Hurriyat leader, has been ALLOWED to fly out of India on grounds of his daughter's health, he should show some respect to the INDIAN generosity and stop misbehaving.

Even while we say that, he continues to break the decorum inside the passport office too. Firstly, his forms were incomplete, without a photograph, fees or biometric details. Forgiven!

Read more at: Never mind Mr Geelani, we know 'being unreasonable' comes with old age - Oneindia

Let us hope the home ministry strictly goes by the law. Anyone who has criminal and civil cases pending against him cannot leave the country. Same law applies to geelani. Only the media doing hyper coverage.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Please issue him a Passport and then declare him a persona non-Grata.

Government of India should also consider giving him one way ticket, if he renounces his Indian nationality.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Please issue him a Passport and then declare him a persona non-Grata.

Government of India should also consider giving him one way ticket, if he renounces his Indian nationality.
If he is given one way ticket no problem, He will sneak into India with the help of pakistan army in the Kashmir border along with some militantas.
Alwan

If he is given one way ticket no problem, He will sneak into India with the help of pakistan army in the Kashmir border along with some militantas.
Alwan

The problem does not stop with that. He will again hoist another country's flag and will say that such act is not an offence as he has been doing it since 1947. It is reported that he has said that .........stan runs in his blood.

Unfortunate thing is our media will swiftly raise a hue and cry, focus more attention, there will be a debate, discussion, everything pushing more essential and urgent issues that deserve immediate attention to back seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

and get shot by Indian troops? That will be a real one way ticket never to return. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back