• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

financial help for education

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Latha!

dear silverfox

I'm ready to contribute Rs.1000. How i've to send the money. Let me klnow I'll do it.

Dear Latha:
Thank you for your offer. Please send an email to Praveen* for his home address. For obvious reasons, I cannot publish his home address here. By the way, Praveen will be posting a lit of all the members contributed so far (about 6 or 7 people!). * [email protected]

Regarding the establishment of Trust: We are waiting on the lawyer to finalize the document so that the trustees could go to the registrar's office, sign and register the deed.
Will keep everybody informed.

Donor List

Hi Friends

Here is a quick update. The following is the list of sponsors from US who have sent their contributions for sponsoring education. Keeping in mind the privacy of the sponsors I am just giving their forum names.

1. Ambutha
2. ngopalas
3. sridharvenkatesan
4. srihari

Many others have sent in their donations and the admin will provide an update asap. I urge all members to come forward and partake in this noble endeavor.

Ramki

HI Ramki,
Do we have a list of people who need help at this point,I know some mebers have been sending money

Regards
Balaji

It is out of control!

HI Ramki,
Do we have a list of people who need help at this point,I know some mebers have been sending money

Regards
Balaji

Balaji
I was keeping a spreadsheet of all the requests until a few months ago, until people started sending money on their own and it got to be out of control, in spite of my requests to channalize them thru me. Therefore, it is impossible at this time for me to give you a list. I could send you the old list but I am afraid it is completely outdated now.

Hi,

I have given money to latasv and a pandit in a temple. I had forwarded the same in person through my brother inmadras. i think it must 10000+5000inr

dear sarathy
what about paying money to Ms.Chitra (cook) . now the bank ahs increased the interest and she has to pay Rs.2000/- every month. As I've told you unless she pay the interest bank won't release the amount for this year. she has asked for extensiona nd she has to pay the interest before 7th of july'07.

Regarding contribution of Rs.1000/- by the members kindly let me know how and where I've to send?

financial help for Ishwarya and Gayathri

Dear sir,

Pls refer to my letters dated 4-17-07, 5-13-07, 6-18-07 wherein i have recomended for financial help for education of six students namely raghu, yogesh, muthukumar, chandrasekhar, ishwarya, gayathri.

Among these six students Mr.Srinivasan had sponsored for raghu's education and Mr.Hariharan for Chandrasekhar and Muthukumar.
I have sponsored for Yogesh's education.

It wolud be helpful if someone could sponsor for Ishwarya and Gayathri as their families are financially not sound.Further, they have paid their 1st term fees of Rs.6000 each by getting loan, expecting sponsorship.

Thanking you,

K.N.Mahalingam.

Dear sarathy

Your brother has given 2k to Ms.chitra. Thank you so much for the instant help.

kindly let me know where I've to send Rs.1000/- for the trust?

latasv

If all the members start contributing even at 100 p.m. we will have good funds to assist people. I am more for the model like chitra where they take loan and u assist them on interest. So once they are independent it is mandatory for them to repay the loan to the bank. Assuming we have 2 lakhs we can assist max of 20 if we give full money. but if we assist them on rent we can do it for atleast 200 people

Dear Sarathy:
I think you have some excellent suggestions. We will definitely take this into account. The most important thing is to get the Trust set up. Hopefully, it should be done this month.
Latha:
The trust is not setup yet. Please send a check to Praveen, the founder(!). I have sent you a private message where I have given Praveen's home address.
Thank you for your support.

http://www.indian-bank.com/educational_loan.htm

Bank gives loan for 13 to 14%. Simple working of how we can leverage by supporting on interest rather than on giving full money. So we can cover more people. Atleast that is what i want to do with my contribution

fees O/S INT AMT levarage I year 100,000 100,000 13% 13,000 7 ii YEAR 100,000 200,000 13% 26,000 3 III YEAR 100,000 300,000 13% 39,000 2
With a fund of 1 lakhs i can support 7 rather than 1 in the current model of assistance.

LATAV. Pls ask both your sister daugher to take education loan and i will 99.99% [ hope god support me with enough resources ] try to fund the interest for three years.

Financial Help For Job / Education.

I would like to invite all our brahmin community to take note of this specific case and assist in whatever way possible to alleviate the sufferings of this family.

This Brahmin family consists of father,mother,son and daughter,all settled at Salem in Tamil nadu.
Father (Age 72 years) is working in a pharma distributor as accounts assitant with a monthly salary of Rs.1500/-pm.
Mother (Age 62 years) is working as a cook on an average salary of Rs.800/- pm.
Son (Age 32),who is a bachelor is working in the same pharma distributor company as sales representative with a salary of Rs.1500/- pm.He passed 10th std and doing his BBA with his meagre income.
Daughter (Age 38) married a Christian boy (age 42) around 17 years ago and they have two sons aged 15 and 10 respectively.
Recently,this Chrisitan boy, was killed in an accident and there is no one at the moment to support this family as this boy was working in pvt.ltd company with meagre earnings.
Now,the family is dependent only on the father,mother and son whose consolidated income is around Rs.4000/- pm,which has to feed the daughter and the family of the daughter too.this is due to the fact that the christian boy's family has disowned the daughter-in-law due to the marriage of inter caste nature.
Now is the time to ensure that we as a total brahmin community support this sort of deserving family.
May I request all to ensure the following:-
a.That the girl is offered a suitable job to support her family needs.
b.That the education of her boys is taken care of till a reasonable level.
c.That the job for the son is ensured in a good organisation so that he stands to support his parents.
They can contact this phone numbers:-0427-2316670.

I would like to invite all our brahmin community to take note of this specific case and assist in whatever way possible to alleviate the sufferings of this family.

This Brahmin family consists of father,mother,son and daughter,all settled at Salem in Tamil nadu.
Father (Age 72 years) is working in a pharma distributor as accounts assitant with a monthly salary of Rs.1500/-pm.
Son (Age 32),who is a bachelor is working in the same pharma distributor company as sales representative with a salary of Rs.1500/- pm.He passed 10th std and doing his BBA with his meagre income.
Daughter (Age 38) married a Christian boy (age 42) around 17 years ago and they have two sons aged 15 and 10 respectively.
Recently,this Chrisitan boy, was killed in an accident and there is no one at the moment to support this family as this boy was working in pvt.ltd company with meagre earnings.
Now,the family is dependent only on the father,mother and son whose consolidated income is around Rs.4000/- pm,which has to feed the daughter and the family of the daughter too.this is due to the fact that the christian boy's family has disowned the daughter-in-law due to the marriage of inter caste nature.
Now is the time to ensure that we as a total brahmin community support this sort of deserving family.
c.That the job for the son is ensured in a good organisation so that he stands to support his parents.
They can contact this phone numbers:-0427-2316670 as well as at mobile number:-+919942762601.

dear sarathy/silverfox

you've asked me to send teh cheque to Mr.Praveen's home address. My small suggestion instead of sending to his house if he has got bank account with HDFC/ICICI or any other bank we can transfer through net banking which is a safer mode than sending it throuigh post. Or our trust common name we can open bank account and ask our members to transfer through net.

your valuable comments are invited.

Please confirm on how you will be able to take care of the children's education.
you may also call at 0427-2316670.(or) me at 9444395499 or 9842784944.
regards.
vytheeswaran.

Dear Sri.Vytheeswaran thanks for your posting. I have sent a private message to you. Can you please respond to my private message ?

Sri.Parthasarathy, you have a noble heart. Kindly hold off on this issue. Personally, I am much heartened to see you stepping forward many a time to help needy people. But we need to get the trust thing rolling so that things can be better channelized.

I request all members to go through Silverfox or Pravin in all sponsorship matters.

Thanks
Ramki

They can contact this phone numbers:-0427-2316670 as well as at mobile number:-+919942762601.

Last edited:
Hi,

In fact i was also feeling the same. I had suggested that the help be routed through praveen so that he has idea of what is happening

dear sarathy

This month interest for chitra's (cook) son is already due and i've spoken to your brother and he has said you are in India.

Kindly contact

latha

I will speak to my brother and do the funding. Ask miss chitra to give the details of the loan document and the loan account. Kindly enquire whether i can do fund transfer directly to the bank account

regards, sarathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back