• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

exact date of thith

My brother passed away on 10th Feb 2018 Krishna Paksham, Thai Masam, Dasami Thithi. Can anyone help in letting me know when is the exact date of thithi this year i.e. 2020
Thai Krishna Paksham Dasami thithi aleady passed. You can conduct Srartham now in Masi Krishna Paksha Thiti(18.02.2020).

R.Ramaswami

Once the paksha thithi is passed, it is of no significance to perform the thithi in the next subsequent paksha thithiof the susequent maasam. NPS
SLR
I beg to differ with you. Mahaperiyava has answered for this. A person who is staying abroad has asked Mahaperiyava, I am not getting leave when father's (or mother's) ceremony date comes. To this he has said perform the ceremony on the thithi in which ever month you are here, but never give up or dont perform it in your country. The sangalpam says "Bharatha varshe Bharatha Kande,
You may refer to this link

I am surprised if Mahaa Periyavaa had ever spelled this manner.Sradhha karma is performed by kartha ro the departed one, only on the specific paksha, thithi&on the specific lunar or solar month/maasa, when the death of the person concerned had occurred/took place&not other wise, irrespective of whatsoever the concern is which doesn't have any binding/stand .Does what Mahaa Periyavaa had spelled convey/imply that, the sraddha karma can be performed by kartha not withstanding to this? How could it be that, one performs the sraddha ceremony on the specific thithi of specific paksha of specific rutu in specific month/maasa.The very sankalpa is to the tune of this&not only of ``Bhaaratha varshe Bhaaratha khande"alone.One need to understand what exactly Mahaa Periyavaa had expressed in which/what context, than just quoting without exactly having the knowledge of the karmakaanda/Mimaamsa darsana, which deals in specific of the rituals which are to be performed by the kartha.Birthday is observed on the specific day of the birth star/ nakshatra when the birth had occurred, and also on the specific month/maasa of the birth occurrence.Similar is the case with the sraddha thithi, without any deviation of any sort/concern, of course with exceptions in some year about which the panchaankam does specify/mention.
This is only in exceptioal cases&not other wise as per what ever way one fancies.Need to obtain clarity from the concerned Matam like Srngeri or whatever is the case, which the grahastha has the following.Let not the Achaarya be quoted out of the context, to lend any misgivings on the grahastha aacharana, which otherwise gives wro
ong signal to any one who has deep reverence to
the Achaaryaas of any Matam of any sect of any
sampradaaya following.

I am surprised if Mahaa Periyavaa had ever spelled this manner.Sradhha karma is performed by kartha ro the departed one, only on the specific paksha, thithi&on the specific lunar or solar month/maasa, when the death of the person concerned had occurred/took place&not other wise, irrespective of whatsoever the concern is which doesn't have any binding/stand .Does what Mahaa Periyavaa had spelled convey/imply that, the sraddha karma can be performed by kartha not withstanding to this? How could it be that, one performs the sraddha ceremony on the specific thithi of specific paksha of specific rutu in specific month/maasa.The very sankalpa is to the tune of this&not only of ``Bhaaratha varshe Bhaaratha khande"alone.One need to understand what exactly Mahaa Periyavaa had expressed in which/what context, than just quoting without exactly having the knowledge of the karmakaanda/Mimaamsa darsana, which deals in specific of the rituals which are to be performed by the kartha.Birthday is observed on the specific day of the birth star/ nakshatra when the birth had occurred, and also on the specific month/maasa of the birth occurrence.Similar is the case with the sraddha thithi, without any deviation of any sort/concern, of course with exceptions in some year about which the panchaankam does specify/mention.
This is only in exceptioal cases&not other wise as per what ever way one fancies.Need to obtain clarity from the concerned Matam like Srngeri or whatever is the case, which the grahastha has the following.Let not the Achaarya be quoted out of the context, to lend any misgivings on the grahastha aacharana, which otherwise gives wro
ong signal to any one who has deep reverence to
the Achaaryaas of any Matam of any sect of any
sampradaaya following.

Sraadham can be performed in the next month on the same paksha.Sraadham should not be performed during the couse of theettu.After the theettu period is over, the sraadham need to be performed on the next paksha in the following month.The vaathiyaar will guide for the appropriate course to be observed&followed.But the sraadham has to be performed with out exception. NPS

தீட்டு வந்தால் தீட்டு போகும் நாளில் சிராத்தம் செய்ய வேண்டும்.புண்யாவாசகம் செய்துவிட்டு செய்ய வேன்டும்.

தீட்டு வந்தால் தீட்டு போகும் நாளில் சிராத்தம் செய்ய வேண்டும்.புண்யாவாசகம் செய்துவிட்டு செய்ய வேன்டும்.
தீட்டு காலம் முடிந்த பிறகு அடுத்த பக்ஷத்தில் அதே திதியில் ஸ்ராத்தம் செய்வது தான் சரி.வாத்தியாரை கேட்டுதான் மேற்படி எது உசிதமோ அத செய்யனுமே தவிர நாமளாவேயோ அல்லது பிறர் அபிப்ராயம் படி செய்யவது உசித்தமில்ல நாபாஸா

ஸ்ரீ வத்ஸ ஸோமதேவ சர்மா எழுதிய ஆபஸ்தம்ப பார்வண சிராத்த ப்ரயோகம் புத்தகத்தில் சிராத்த நியமங்கள் பக்கத்தில் (141) அவர் எழுதியதையே தான் நான் கடந்த பத்து வருடங் களாக இங்கு எழுதி வருகிறேன். எனக்கு வயது 83 முடிந்து விட்டது. ஆகையால் என் அனுபவத்திலும் நானே வாத்யார் சொல்படி தீட்டு முடிய்ம் நாளன்று தான் சிராத்தம் செய்திருக்கிறேன். எனக்கு ஸம்ஸ்க்ருதம்,நாகர எழுத்தும், கிரந்த எழுத்தும் படிக்க தெரியும்,

என்னிடம் சாந்தி குஸுமாகரம், சாந்தி ரத்னாகரம், விரத சூடாமணி போன்ற பல புத்தகங்கள் உள்ளன. சோம தேவ சர்மா எழுதிய பல புத்தகங்கள் உள்ளன. நன்னிலம் ராஜ கோபால கணபாடிகள், வைதீக் ஸ்ரீ புத்தகங்க. ள் சந்தேஹ நிவாரணி புத்தகங்கள், மற்ற புத்தகங்களையும் படித்து பார்த்து தான் தில் எழுதியதை எழுதுகிறேன். நங்கனல்லூர் ஸ்ரீ தரன் எழுதிய பல புத்தகங்க்கண் என்னிடம் உள்ளன. வி நாயக புராணம், கந்த புராணம், சிவ புராணம், விஷ்ணு புராணம், தேவி பாகவதம் புத்தகங்க்களும் உள்ளன. தர்ம சாஸ்திர புத்தகங்களும் உள்ளன.

நான் ஸ்ரீ வித்யோபாஸகர். கடந்த முப்பது வருடங்களாக மேரு ஸ்ரீ சக்கிர பூஜை, தினமும் பஞ்சாயத்ன பூஜை, ஷண்ணவதி தர்ப்பணங்கள் , அஷ்டகா சிராத்தம், ஈசான் பலி , சண்டி ஹோமங்கள் , வாஞ்சா கல்ப லதா கணபதி ஹோமம் போன்ற பல ஹோமங்கள் செய்து விட்டேன். க்ஷேத்ராடனம் பல செய்து விட்டேன். சுக்ல சதுர்த்தி விரதம், சோம வார அரச மர ப்ரதக்ஷிணம், அ நந்த விரதம், ரிஷி பஞ்சமி விரதம், உமா மஹேஸ்வர விரதம், ஏகாதசி விரதம் எல்லாம் செய்து முடித்த்தாகி விட்டது. கசி, கயா, ப்ரயாகை, ராமேஸ்வர யாதிரைகள் முடித்தாகி விட்டது. சதாபிஷேகம் செய்து முடித்தாகி விட்டது. இனி நீங்களே எழுதி கொள்ளுங்கள். வணக்கம்.

My brother passed away on 10th Feb 2018 Krishna Paksham, Thai Masam, Dasami Thithi. Can anyone help in letting me know when is the exact date of thithi this year i.e. 2020
We follow the practice of doing missed sraddam on the following Krishna paksha ekadasi or amavasyai.

Latest ads

Back